Options

[BSG] Exodus Game X - Reveals Page 15, 17 - Cylon Victory!

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote:
    We already scouted that though

Whoops. Thought it got buried for some reason :D

2 cards for a lot, though.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    3 cards, hope it is enough.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    FelixSomethingSomethingFelixSomethingSomething Registered User regular
    Defending a Prisoner - 11YG:
    Pass: No Effect
    Fail: -1 morale and roll a die. If 4 or lower, the current player is executed

Guts and Initiative - Check is Reckless, no cards from Destiny

Cain - Pass
    Leoben - 1 card
    Gaeta - 1 card (small)
    Tory - 2 cards (a lot)
    Baltar - 3 cards
    Starbuck - Pass

1 - Consolidate Power
    1 - Consolidate Power
    2 - Consolidate Power
    2 - Consolidate Power
    4 - Investigative Committee
    2 - Executive Order

2 - Repair

12 - 2 = 10 Fail

Would anyone like to play a Declare Emergency? Now would also be a good time for COs regarding Strategic Planning and/or Calculations in case the check does in fact fail.

• Options
    Whelp, I'm all for giving Leoben a one way trip off back home.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Pretty much all agendas involve some loss of resources. Figured you would all compensate for my one

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Yes, I do not see any other way, it had to be him.

That said will he be doing more damage here then back with the other Cylons? I think putting him in the brig is a good idea but is it necessary to execute him?

Great now I am defending a prisoner.

I did not get any Declare Emergency, Strategic Planning or Calculations yet darn it all. If anyone did one more card to not make all those lost cards a waste would be appreciated.

Pass.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    No DE, so let's see what the die has to say about Starbuck...

2.2 Defending a Prisoner: 1d8 7

Looks like you're in the clear, except for the morale loss.

Morale drops to 9

Activate Heavy Raiders

Heavy in 1 moves to sector 6

Jump Track advances to Auto Jump

Sending Cain destinations, board update won't come until later tonight though.

FelixSomethingSomething on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Wow, that sucks. I agree that something should be done about Leoben, preferably soon.

Edit: Failing the check, not passing the die roll. Hooray, no one dies today!

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Yes, I do not see any other way, it had to be him.

That said will he be doing more damage here then back with the other Cylons? I think putting him in the brig is a good idea but is it necessary to execute him?

Great now I am defending a prisoner.

I did not get any Declare Emergency, Strategic Planning or Calculations yet darn it all. If anyone did one more card to not make all those lost cards a waste would be appreciated.

Pass.

I was just expressing my opinion that something should be done with him. The brig is as good a place as any.

With any luck, he may rack up enough trauma to get boxed. :D

• Options
    We still have two nukes we can use to blast any base ships which appear, I think the emergency jump should be saved for later.

On the other hand my cylon detector is almost ready for use right after the sleeper phase.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Radioactive Cloud - 2 distance, -1 fuel, -1 population
    Draw Tac

Statistically, I think we're now better off doing the blind jump immediately after the next jump; unless I pull a one distance now we would immediately enter sleeper phase with a much higher chance of multiple cylons out there, if we hold off until the next cycle we can potentially end up with a blind jump at 5, giving us a chance of 8 and a guaranteed 6. Anyone else have an opinion?

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    I agree. My thinking is that we'll need the same number of jump-cycles to get to the end (on average), but one of them we get to skip, the others we slog through.

So let's skip one of the ones where there's potential cylon sleepers.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Also, Phyphor, you draw loads of leadership, what was with the no contribution to the check where I could have died?

This is AFTER we took a hit to galactica because you wanted to preserve a particular card you had. Allegedly.

Not suspicious of you yet. Gradually approaching it.

Finally, regarding Leoben. Why are we CERTAIN he sabotaged the check? Baltar and Gaeta both draw engineering too?

Tayrun on
  • Options
    I have two cards in my hand, take a guess at what color they are?

• Options
    ... that's exactly what a toaster would say ...

• Options
    Blue?

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I'm sure they're both purple. As for the engineering card in the check, Leoben admitted it was his. And a hidden cylon would have to be very stupid to try to sabotage a check that they couldn't possibly blame on destiny.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    blahmcblah wrote:
    I'm sure they're both purple. As for the engineering card in the check, Leoben admitted it was his. And a hidden cylon would have to be very stupid to try to sabotage a check that they couldn't possibly blame on destiny.

OR Leoben actually wanted the check to pass, due to his objective, and is now covering for a cylon amongst us because he thinks it'll help him.

Nothing is provable without specific counting of cards!

• Options
    Good call, I hadn't considered that. Maybe I'm just not paranoid enough. :P Also Leoben probably shouldn't have said he sabotaged it due to secrecy rules. Close to a gray area there, but Felix will hopefully clarify.

• Options
    Why can't you guys just trust the good doctor who designed the battlestar computer system software and the amoral politician he assigned as arbiter?

• Options
    blahmcblah wrote:
    Also Leoben probably shouldn't have said he sabotaged it due to secrecy rules. Close to a gray area there, but Felix will hopefully clarify.

By the rules he shouldn't have, but I'm okay with revealed cylons crossing that line a little. No one trusts anything they say anyway.

Distance is now 2
    Fuel drops to 6
    Population drops to 10

Cylon ships move to the CFB
    Starbuck moves to the Hangar Deck

Cain draws 2 Leadership, 3 Tactics and can take his turn

bsgpexodus1023small.jpg

Allies in play
    Dr. Sherman Cottle - Sickbay
    Expert Surgeon: Discard 3 of your trauma tokens and then move to any location
    Chain Smoker: Discard 3 Skill Cards, then move to any location.

Brother Cavil - Research Lab
    Unconventional Counselor: Choose 1 trauma token to discard. Then choose a second trauma token at random to discard.
    Primary Cylon: Place a basestar and 3 raiders in front of Galactica. Place 1 civilian ship behind Galactica.

Kendra Shaw - Weapons Control
    Razor: You may lose 1 morale to gain either 1 fuel or 1 food.
    Went Too Far: Draw a civilian ship to destroy.

Quorum cards in play
    Assign Arbitrator on Tory - Draw 2 politics (yellow) and pick any other player. When anyone activates “Admiral's Quarters”, Arbitrator can discard this card to move difficulty +/-3, then discard this card

Accept Prophecy - Draw 1 card (any color). Next time a player activates “Administration” or chooses the President with the “Admiral's Quarters”, difficulty +2, then discard this card

Destroyed resources
    Galactica Damage
    • Food Token
    • Fuel Token

• Options
    Why can't you guys just trust the good doctor who designed the battlestar computer system software and the amoral politician he assigned as arbiter?

It's not like I could have played the Engineering card. All I can do with a wrench is hit people with it. :D

• Options
    Getting starbuck into space so she could get two actions on her turn would be nice.

She could also clean up the civies before the cylons decide to come back/scout.

• Options
    We have three people before starbuck's turn who draw leadership if we need to get her out there, but I can understand wanting to use the CAG as much as possible.

This does not seem like a good time for an emergency jump, since we have no real emergency.

• Options
    Apologies, I had meant for my earlier remark to be a little more vague, though good to know that Felix is giving me a little freedom to troll you guys as we make our way home

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    No move. Play Tac 6 - Scout for Fuel with Tac 3 - SP

Should have done this last turn really, instead of XOing

Phyphor on
  • Options
    2.3 Scout for Fuel: 1d8 3
    With the SP that's 5, which passes

Fuel increases to 7
    Prison Labor - 10YGP:
    Fail: -1 morale, -1 food

Activate Raiders

I'll check for interrupts via PM

• Options
    I have almost nothing left for this, but at least it's 3 different colors.

• Options
    One card for a lot.

• Options
    0 cards

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    1 low card.

• Options
    How's everyone else feeling on this check?

• Options
    It'll take a few more "low" cards along with mine to pass.

• Options
    Prison Labor - 10YGP:

Destiny - 2 cards
    Leoben - Pass
    Gaeta - 1 card (low)
    Tory -
    Baltar -
    Starbuck -
    Cain -

In the future, wait for me to give to go-ahead in case there are interrupts like Investigative Committee or Scientific Research that might change your contribution. You can always PM me your submission ahead of time and I'll post it if no interrupts are played.

• Options
    2 for a moderate amount

• Options
    One Card.

• Options
    Prison Labor - 10YGP:

Destiny - 2 cards
    Leoben - Pass
    Gaeta - 1 card (low)
    Tory - 2 cards (moderate)
    Baltar - 1 card
    Starbuck - 1 card (high)
    Cain -

Cain is up unless Starbuck changed his mind

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Mind unchanged, contribution still 1 high card.

Also, the civvie fleet is getting big, there are no vipers out, and it's the longest possible time until my turn.

Just saying. XO might be optimal.

Tayrun on
  • Options
    Two

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Prison Labor - 10YGP:

Destiny - 2 cards
    Leoben - Pass
    Gaeta - 1 card (low)
    Tory - 2 cards (moderate)
    Baltar - 1 card
    Starbuck - 1 card (high)
    Cain - 2 cards

2 - Consolidate Power
    0 - Iron Will
    2 - Executive Order
    2 - Executive Order
    1 - Launch Scout
    1 - Launch Scout
    2 - Launch Scout
    5 - Critical Situation

3 - Maximum Firepower

15 - 3 = 12 Pass, No Effect

Activate Raiders
    No basestars or raiders on the main board, one raider gets placed on the CFB
    2.3 Place Raider: 1d8 8
    In sector 1

Pursuit Track moves to space 1
    CAG Starbuck places a civilian in sector 6

Leoben draws 1 Politics, 1 Engineering, 1 Treachery and can take his turn

No board update for a little bit, but the last update is still mostly accurate except hand sizes:
    Baltar - 2 cards
    Starbuck - 5 cards
    Cain - 3 cards
    Leoben - 5 cards
    Gaeta - 3 cards
    Tory - 3 cards

FelixSomethingSomething on