As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The thread of happiness, positivity, gratitude and griping about stuff

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Solar wrote: »
    So I have started working out, because I heard that lack of exercise can exacerbate feelings of depression. Nothing heavy, just a few rounds of push-ups and press-ups every day, mostly until I am too out of puff to do any more. As time goes on I think I will try and increase the amount I do so that each time it keeps me feeling challenged and makes me work for it.

Feeling pretty positive about this! I'm hoping that it will make me feel better and get me in better shape which would be nice. Also I think that imposing some sort of new daily discipline will be good for me. Anyway, that's me lately, how is everyone else feeling?

I know I definitely feel more motivated and less lethargic than I did a year ago before I started getting back into shape. So yeah, for most people it can really help.

Well I hope so! I'll keep you guys posted one what happens, especially since that will motivate me to stick with it.
    Solar wrote:
    Muse, I highly doubt it is the same thing, but my Dad has been suffering pretty much the same thing for a while now. He went to the Doc's, and they proscribed him Naproxen. So yeah, might be something completely different, but that just came to mind.

I've been to the doc's a few times now, they sort of think of me as being overly paranoid by this point, and so far have agreed that it is probably psychosomatic. So I just sort of put up with it whenever it happens.

That sucks. I hope you start feeling better soon!

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Druhim wrote:
    So I have started working out, because I heard that lack of exercise can exacerbate feelings of depression. Nothing heavy, just a few rounds of push-ups and press-ups every day, mostly until I am too out of puff to do any more. As time goes on I think I will try and increase the amount I do so that each time it keeps me feeling challenged and makes me work for it.

Feeling pretty positive about this! I'm hoping that it will make me feel better and get me in better shape which would be nice. Also I think that imposing some sort of new daily discipline will be good for me. Anyway, that's me lately, how is everyone else feeling?

I know I definitely feel more motivated and less lethargic than I did a year ago before I started getting back into shape. So yeah, for most people it can really help.

Well I hope so! I'll keep you guys posted one what happens, especially since that will motivate me to stick with it.

Do so!

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:

I really need to start doing something like this in general.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    It doesn't matter if you're overweight, ok, or skinny as a reed. Doing exercise instead of being lazy can increase your energy level quite a bit, it's really amazing what it can do. I give thumbs up to ya for doing it, and really need to remind myself that I need to as well.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    emily bought me a bunch of diet cokes because she knows I have a lot of work to do tonight

she's the best

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote:
    Bear with me on this one.

My sister was born with a serious mental disability. She struggles with a lot of typical tasks, but has a good grasp on kids games and especially puzzles. Like the 100 piece Disney ones, etc.

Over Christmas break my mom had the idea to look for kids games on the iPad. She found one with a little monkey that asks you to put together small puzzles, match colors, or play a small game of memory matching. She set it down in front of my sister to help her get started. Before long, my sister was playing the game by herself and having fun.

Yesterday was her 25th birthday. My parents took my dad's old iPad, put a bunch of kids games on it, and made it her birthday present. They got a really nice picture of her for the lock screen too.

She's really happy with it, and I'm really happy that it was possible. Moments like this are truly special. :D

@Noggin I read this just now and it's made my day. Thanks mate! :)

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    The neck pain is most probably an unrelated thing, I popped an advil and remembered I had brought peppermint oil with me (it works like icy-hot without the hot, great for pains like that).

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    @Sheri @Tef Thanks! You've both made my day as well!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    so I am pretty jazzed

because a perfect story coincided with this launching

http://www.twitter.com/emergenteric

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    so I am pretty jazzed

because a perfect story coincided with this launching

http://www.twitter.com/emergenteric

Ahhh yessss

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Aaaand followed.

• Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    Nobody's been happy in two days? bullshit

what's up happy thread.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Oh, you know, not much. I'm doing okay. Turns out that when you exercise on one day, the next day you hurt and the exercise is harder and then the next day you hurt more and so on. I must be getting old.

You?

Solar on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    It's been happy times for me recently. My yearly pay rise came through and I got a bit extra, which was nice.

One of my baby goats got over it's colic so I don't have to kill it, which was also nice.

A friend has set me up on a date with a nice girl he knows so that is also making me happy

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Well, depending on the exercise and the intensity you often want a rest day in between to recover. So it doesn't really have anything to do with age if you're just not allowing sufficient recovery time.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    So i talked to this gal on OkC /texting for a week or so, and Monday, she texts and is like.. hey wanna hang out later? She had sorta-plans with her mom for dinner, but I'm off work at 3, so we meet up at 3:30ish.

So, I look up the address of a coffee shop in the middle of where we both are, near where I went to college. Come to find out, she not only goes to college where I did, she knows of and loves the place I picked. Nice.

Our afternoon mini-date turned into hanging out there until like 8, going to a Mexican place for a few more hours, then sitting in the car and talking/making out like whoa until like 2am.
    I adore the shit out of this girl, we connected in the most unexpected and fantastic way.

She's driving out this way (we live about an hour apart on opposite sides of the StL... for now) to spend time with me after work, until I get my son at 6.

Hell, I can just show her off, nice.

Thanks, 2012.. you're doing alright.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty happy right now.

I am eating crackers and drinking hot water.

I'm not supposed to be eating crackers until Saturday but I changed up my diet rules a bit to accomodate trivia beers.

Anyway my dog wants my crackers but they are all mine.

That's making me p. happy with myself.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I'm happy that in a few months stuff will start getting better.

Right now: average.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Druhim wrote:
    Well, depending on the exercise and the intensity you often want a rest day in between to recover. So it doesn't really have anything to do with age if you're just not allowing sufficient recovery time.

I'm figuring a day of rest in between days of exercise is a good choice, give me time to recover so I can do some properly on the day after. The exercise I am doing is not really intensive at all (ten push-ups, then ten sit-ups, then repeat that and so some lunges), it's just that I am pretty unfit (I'm not fat by any stretch, just not very fit). I was joking about the age thing, I'm only 22!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I am watching blade II.

It is a good movie.

• Options
    Which one is Blade II

those movies always kind of blur together for me

• Options
    Blake T wrote:
    I am watching blade II.

It is a good movie.

I saw the first Blade in a packed theater, and I was one of like, 5 white people in there.
    It was so fun

• Options
    Solar wrote:
    Which one is Blade II

Ryan reynolds i think?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    redfenix wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    Which one is Blade II

Ryan reynolds i think?

Noooooooo.

The del torero one.

Predator face vampires.

• Options
    Blake T wrote:
    redfenix wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    Which one is Blade II

Ryan reynolds i think?

Noooooooo.

The del torero one.

Predator face vampires.

Oh yeah that Blade movie

yeah that was good

• Options
    The third one I like just because they are all, that's whistler's daughter she is cool because she listens to sweet playlists on her technologically advanced iPod while she kills vampires. She is cool.

Plus biel butt.

• Options
    The actual movie is Terrible.

• Options
    Yeah it is

Biel butt was nice though

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    redfenix wrote:
    So i talked to this gal on OkC /texting for a week or so, and Monday, she texts and is like.. hey wanna hang out later? She had sorta-plans with her mom for dinner, but I'm off work at 3, so we meet up at 3:30ish.

So, I look up the address of a coffee shop in the middle of where we both are, near where I went to college. Come to find out, she not only goes to college where I did, she knows of and loves the place I picked. Nice.

Our afternoon mini-date turned into hanging out there until like 8, going to a Mexican place for a few more hours, then sitting in the car and talking/making out like whoa until like 2am.
    I adore the shit out of this girl, we connected in the most unexpected and fantastic way.

She's driving out this way (we live about an hour apart on opposite sides of the StL... for now) to spend time with me after work, until I get my son at 6.

Hell, I can just show her off, nice.

Thanks, 2012.. you're doing alright.

I'm pretty sure that's a different girl in each photo

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    You have to watch out for her; she's a Pretender

• Options
    Finally got a doctor's appointment after over a month of trying and went today. He put me on Celexa for my anxiety/depression. Low dosage right now (10mg) but hopefully I won't feel like a piece of shit all the time?

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    redfenix wrote:
    Solar wrote:
    Which one is Blade II

Ryan reynolds i think?

Noooooooo.

The del torero one.

Predator face vampires.

Oh yeah that Blade movie

yeah that was good

I unironically love Blade 2 and I don't care who knows it. I still listen to that soundtrack sometimes.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Finally got a doctor's appointment after over a month of trying and went today. He put me on Celexa for my anxiety/depression. Low dosage right now (10mg) but hopefully I won't feel like a piece of shit all the time?

Good news! If it's like other SSRIs, it may take a week or two before you notice the effects.

• Options
    JoeUser wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Good news! If it's like other SSRIs, it may take a week or two before you notice the effects.

Yeah that's what he was telling me. He said I'll probably have an upset stomach that'll go away after the first week

I just hope it "kicks in" before my dentist appointment on the 23rd

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    So I have been feeling pretty good these last few days.

Its 100% just a mood swing because I feel good for no reason so I do have to be careful and I have been acting ridiculous but I've also been getting shit done! Like I'm just finishing my homework for the entire week. I booked a appointment with a counsellor for next monday, I kind of cleaned up my mess from last semester and I feel like I can do it this time!

Just have to start slowly with exercising but I did quit smoking so baby steps.

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    My mood is almost entirely based around my income, at this point.

Once it becomes a little less stop and go, I hope it'll even out some.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I am doing OK!

The lack of caffeine in my life means I'm sleeping much better (when I remember to go to bed), but my attention span is still crap and afternoons are still really sleepy.

I would feel much better if I went to the gym, so there's that for a goal this week

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    My sleep schedule is still fucked and I need to fix that but I have actually eaten more then one meal in the last two days!

just have to keep doing it so that when my mood swings again I won't just see things I've failed at!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Usagi wrote: »
    I am doing OK!

The lack of caffeine in my life means I'm sleeping much better (when I remember to go to bed), but my attention span is still crap and afternoons are still really sleepy.

I would feel much better if I went to the gym, so there's that for a goal this week

progress for both of us! <3

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    I've been making myself get up at 7:30 in the morning. I usually go to sleep around midnight, maybe 1 at the latest

Yesterday I didn't feel like getting up with my alarm so I slept an extra 2 hours and I felt like shit when I woke up then I was super tired early in the evening, too

Woke up at 7:30 this morning and felt great

This discussion has been closed.