As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlefield 3: Come join us, the water is warm but the natives have guns

1929394959698»

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    ECM is only active for a maximum of 1/3 of the time.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    just wanna say thank to Koga for hosting his own mumble server and thanks to Kakos and mcdermott for plunking down actual monies for mumble servers. its kind of funny how we all refuse to go back to vent.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Even when Mumble was robotting everyone, it still was leaps and bounds above Vent.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    Raw close quarters footage.

Map looks pretty underwhelming.

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Yeah, it reminds me of that MW2 map with the two office buildings separated by all those cargo boxes and the crane.

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    *DICE looks at server browser to see which maps are most popular*

"Oh hey, there are a lot of people playing 24/7 Metro, people must like meat grinders!

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC announced.

UGH.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    Yeah, it reminds me of that MW2 map with the two office buildings separated by all those cargo boxes and the crane.

Highrise. Had a helipad and an underground part too.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Really hoping the unlocks tied to Close Quarters are garbage, because if all the maps are that small I'll probably pass on the expansion.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ya, scout chopper with two engineers is just slightly off invincible.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Looking for some more PS3 battlebros that want to get in on shenanigans. My name on PSN is KrrunkMcGrunk

Feel free to add me (gjaustin).

I probably won't be on until I finish ME3 (twice), but I'll be happy to play with you once I'm back.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Guys, new DLC finally announced.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/07/battlefield-3-close-quarters-announced.aspx

Close quarters sounds pretty awesome, hopefully it includes reduced explosives.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Satsu you're a page late on that one.

I'll make the new thread in a page or so, if nobody has any issues.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Yeah that map looks pretttttyyy boring.

Not to mention the destruction is limited to the corners of doors

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Ya, scout chopper with two engineers is just slightly off invincible.

I'd love to see them remove in-flight repairs

It's kind of retarded

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Guys, new DLC finally announced.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/07/battlefield-3-close-quarters-announced.aspx

Close quarters sounds pretty awesome, hopefully it includes reduced explosives.

Did you even bother to read the past i dunno 4-6 posts before you posted. :D

The raw map footage looked TINY. :<

Hopefully there are like 6 maps. some small some big. Its GD battlefield not CS.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    I have a feeling this is aimed squarely at call of duty players

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    10 new weapons... There's already more than I know what to do with, especially once you unlock better ones the old ones are kinda pointless. What I'd love them to do is make pistols a little less confusing, give them attachments like primary guns. Having a separate weapon for each individual attachment is just silly. 4 new maps is good though, I just want some variety there.

• Options
    To be honest I'd pay whatever they're charging for the pack just for new weapons anyways, so it's moot whatever the maps are.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    To be honest I'd pay whatever they're charging for the pack just for new weapons anyways, so it's moot whatever the maps are.
    The weapons will probably be unlocked via assignments though and I'm willing to bet at least one of them will require you to play on these maps though.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Will boost on the Dome regardless.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Multiplayer games are only as good as their maps.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Multiplayer games are only as good as their maps.

This comment right her mav killed it.... wakkawa style....

Great well designed maps make great matches.

Putting gunplay designed for a larger battlefield with vehicles into shoebox maps seems very very wrong.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Screenshot of the the map from the GDC demo.

The whole map is about the size of a single capture point for most of the vanilla/B2K maps. Really hoping this is just super small because it's in TDM/SQDM mode.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Looks worrying

Here is where I claim I will not buy the new expansion

Which is true, TJ

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Awwrighty, I've got the new OP completely made. Just waiting for this to hit 99 pages.

Honestly I'm kinda excited for the new DLC (which keep in mind is 3 months from now). That map seems like it wouldn't work for Rush, and they've said that any maps they make will have all game modes available on them. That in mind, I believe that the full version will be much larger.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    From the Battlefield to the... Building.

Do. Not. Want.

• Options
    They think the USAS is bad now.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Maybe 'Close Quarters' is just the name of one map. One map that I could give even less fucks about than Metro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPDhjKXQts8

• Options
    Maybe 'Close Quarters' is just the name of one map. One map that I could give even less fucks about than Metro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPDhjKXQts8

Hopefully. I don't think they'd release four close quarters maps. Maybe we'll get some urban maps like Karkand.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Maybe the maps are like one room but we're really, really tiny and have to use toy vehicles

• Options
This discussion has been closed.