As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Graphical Flaws

TreebeardsterTreebeardster Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So i'm going about my everyday buisness playing some wow after class and I notice that things on the screen are going crazy. The textures that arent all over the place have holes in them that change with every step I take. Here are a few pictures (though you cant see the "holes" i referred to)

WoWScrnShot_022707_172459.jpg

And another...

WoWScrnShot_022707_172448.jpg

I just built this computer last spring. I am currently running; AMD 3700+, 2GB RAM, X850 XT.

Is it already time to get a new card? Or is there something I can do? I mean, I did just get tax returns so it wouldn't be ALL THAT bad if I just happened to have to buy a new card.

BOCsig.jpg
Treebeardster on

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    First guess is heat and/or a failed fan on the card.

Doc on
  • Options
    TreebeardsterTreebeardster Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Everything else works fine, it's just in the game. Hmm...

Treebeardster on
    BOCsig.jpg
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Is it just the one game, or does it happen in others as well?

Doc on
  • Options
    KnifaKnifa Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This happens to me as well, despite my GPU and the rest of my computer being ice cool.

I blame shitty nVidia Vista drivers, though.

Knifa on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This happens to me with my Radeon 9600. Frankly WoW's engine isn't much of a champ; I think it's just your everday bug. It usually goes away when I restart the game.

TychoCelchuuu on