As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mechanical Keyboards] Clickity Clack! We build them ourselves now!

1798081828385»

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Mine came in!

... Yup, from Hong Kong. Weird.

This thing is SO heavy! And you can't adjust the slope! And the keys are so incredibly smooth, and yet mostly quiet! It feels so weird.

U7iCckrh.jpg

seEIVB6h.jpg

Actual desk is a mess, so not taking a photo of that just yet. I need to figure out if there is a UI for the lighting effects, or if the options listed on the quick start guide are the extent of things.

It really looks like an old school keyboard too. Wow.

I got my wife a Q6 for Christmas. Put these switches in it and it's whisper quiet now

https://a.co/d/fsXPkGc

• Options
    Man I made the mistake of looking at the Drop+LOTR keyboards. They're amazing and the Rohan board recently came out in Brown colorway that looks amazing.

But they don't sell the caps separate and the switches are soldered on (Holy Panda X).

I may break down and get a couple of the artisan keys instead. Already bought one of the deskmats.

I hope the keycaps get released separate. Has anyone seen clones at all?

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Man I made the mistake of looking at the Drop+LOTR keyboards. They're amazing and the Rohan board recently came out in Brown colorway that looks amazing.

But they don't sell the caps separate and the switches are soldered on (Holy Panda X).

I may break down and get a couple of the artisan keys instead. Already bought one of the deskmats.

I hope the keycaps get released separate. Has anyone seen clones at all?

Glorious has holy panda clones.

• Options
    I just want the caps

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    For all you carpal tunnel malenthusiasts, the Dygma Raise 2 is up for preorder, and those who preorder can get the angle tenting kit for free. I love my Defy and will happily shill for them.

https://dygma.com/pages/dygma-raise-2

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Well now. I sent out a flyer bid on a set of LOTR Elvish caps missing 3 keys. I don't know which keys.

I'm not sure I'll use these if anyone is very interested.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I can vouch for the build quality and features. I have a Q6 and it’s fantastic.

The thing also has a full metal body. I could use this as a weapon in a zombie apocalypse.

The Keychron Q series is staggeringly well-built for the price point.

I just bought my first ever mechanical keyboard and got a Keychron V6 after looking up various reviews and finding it mentioned everywhere as a great option, and hot damn.

This thing is just delightful to type on, the rgb is nice iwthout feeling overwhelming. It's great

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I ordered a V6 just now as well! I'm very excited because I had been gifted a GMMK and it died pretty fast, but I have all these speed copper kailh's to put in it!

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    An interesting development is that modern arcade controllers and keyboards are merging into a new type of entity

klv9rtzy8o3u.png

This is basically a stripped down mechanical keyboard using a RPi Pico CP-2040 as a brain. It has hot-swappable Gateron V2 Low-Profile switches (of which there are tons) and all of the buttons can be configured via software.

After basically bowing out of the mech keyboard hobby once I got my Keychrons, it feels pretty cool to see it seeping into other hobbies I have

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Also, the group buy that soured me on group buys is shipping after almost 3 years of waiting, and I don't even have an appropriate keyboard for it anymore (not TKL).

If anyone wants some Kat Space Dust lemme know.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Also, the group buy that soured me on group buys is shipping after almost 3 years of waiting, and I don't even have an appropriate keyboard for it anymore (not TKL).

My set from Boardsource is still probably 6-8 weeks out. The whole thing also completely soured me on keycap group buys. The only time I'll do another on is it's from WS who's sets are consistently shipping in 3 months or less.

I did join the group buy for SLK Dessau about 11 months ago and that's also 6-8 weeks out. It'll be pretty funny if it arrives before Space Dust.

At this point I'd rather use SLK Dessau than Space Dust because I like the look of it more. I do kind of want another 75% keyboard, black instead of silver, so if I can convince myself to spend the money on an Iqunix Zonex 75 and switches I could use both.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular

That's pretty tempting. On one hand, I do love KAT and don't mind that design. On the other hand, custom keycap sets are so fucking expensive for what they are.

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Hmm would Space Kat look good on Silver Ano...

I am tempted.

• Options
    edited April 9
    user wrote: »
    Hmm would Space Kat look good on Silver Ano...

I am tempted.

I'll let you know in 6-8 weeks. My Zoom75 is matte silver anodized. This is a decent approximation though it's more white than silver https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/nj4s1b/space_haus_kat_space_dust_ic/ and this one is definitely silver https://imgur.com/BBRrnf1

Deskhero.ca has extras in stock of pretty much all sets/parts/pieces.

Cormac on
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular

Funny enough the GB I joined in Decemeber 2022 is finally wrapping production and shipping. Will be my last GB for sure!

• Options
    Of FFS it's just completely fitting that Space Dust was delayed again because the shipping container was refused at US customs. The keycaps were packed in a container that had cotton that's part of an import ban. This means the new shipping date will now be mid-May. That's actually when I was kind of expecting them so I'm not that angry about it but it's still disappointing nonetheless.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    Of FFS it's just completely fitting that Space Dust was delayed again because the shipping container was refused at US customs. The keycaps were packed in a container that had cotton that's part of an import ban. This means the new shipping date will now be mid-May. That's actually when I was kind of expecting them so I'm not that angry about it but it's still disappointing nonetheless.

At least it wasn't on that barge that crashed into the Key Bridge