As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hyberbole and a [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    TomeWyrm wrote:
    Deebaser wrote:
    Bohemian beer garden is the best beer garden, silly brooklyners

Yeah it is pretty great. When you can get into the actual garden part. And it isn't freezing.

touché. I forgot about the failscursion.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    It seems that when I stream on my wireless connection, my brother's girlfriend's wireless connection slows to a crawl, so since she has to study tonight I've been barred from streaming. This is a little lame.
    o_O

What kind of router are you using? And have you tried adjusting the QoS settings?

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    It seems that when I stream on my wireless connection, my brother's girlfriend's wireless connection slows to a crawl, so since she has to study tonight I've been barred from streaming. This is a little lame.

Wait, don't you own the house now? That makes you Pater Familias!

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Variable wrote:
    the dandy warhols
    and
    joy orbison

are two of my favorite band (or whatever) names I've come across

Heh

Joy Orbison is mad talented too

yeah I like the couple of tracks I've heard

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Butts butts butts butts. Butts butts butts, butts butts butts butts. Butts butts butts butts?! Butts.

Tonight we shall engage in villainy! If at least three characters aren't dead by the end of the night, I'll be sad.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    okay, so, what are some gorey, amazing, crazy movies to get? My dad wants to get freaked out and freak him out i will...

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Butts butts butts butts. Butts butts butts, butts butts butts butts. Butts butts butts butts?! Butts.

Tonight we shall engage in villainy! If at least three characters aren't dead by the end of the night, I'll be sad.

I just messaged on you AIM I have an emergency Jacobcocks has been impossible to get a hold on so I don't have a character aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    demotivational-posters-keys.jpg

pfft, I don't even have automatic doorlocks, I have to push down on the little locky thing!

AND MY WINDOWS ACTUALLY ROLL DOWN!

Eff yeah 2008.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    demotivational-posters-keys.jpg

It is my belief the tweet from that young lady was in pure sport.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    I went to Sandals Jamaica for my honeymoon

I probably wouldn't do an all inclusive again, given the choice

Why is that?

well on the one hand it's nice to have everything taken care of for you

and we were in some little private villa thing (we got upgraded?), which was rad

but I would have rather been out in the town, finding good places to eat and things to do, rather than going to one of the 3 restaurants on the property

it just paled for me after a couple of days

also we had a giant hurricane during our honeymoon but that's not sandals' fault (OR IS IT)

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote:

They pay me rent, so they have tenants rights. My executive veto can be overridden.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    xp was on floppy? wow

that sounds horrendous

No, but the XP OEM disc didn't have the necessary storage drivers, so it would BSOD if you tried to install to this laptop. And it wasn't set up to accept additional drivers from any source other than a floppy. In this case, a USB floppy drive.

dot dot dot

The alternative here is to slipstream the drivers onto a new copy of the XP disc, but if you're using an OEM disc as your source, that can be a pain in the ass.

But yeah that's a good reason to keep around an old USB floppy.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwg7CwA15o4&feature=related

I wish I was on drugs when I was at this concert.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    Kalkino wrote:

They pay me rent, so they have tenants rights. My executive veto can be overridden.

:(

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    We had a large area of our cable internet service go down for a couple hours. When it came back up a bunch of customers' routers did not aquire new IPs, so they just need to be restarted to get reconnected.

Just got a call from a customer who I explained this to and then asked him to reboot his router. His response?

"No, I'm pretty sure it's the modem. I'll go reboot it."

"No, sir, I can see the modem is connected to us right now, but I have no signal from your router. Just cycle your router and it should be resolved."

All of a sudden the cable modem goes offline.

facepalm.jpg.

Fucking assholes wasting my time.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    TomeWyrm wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    is that the place we went for your birthday tome

Yeah, Kolner. Great place. God damn that boot though...god damn that boot...

just so chat knows tome is a very love-y drunk

He's pretty nice sober too...unless you mean he was man lovey

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    It is my belief the tweet from that young lady was in pure sport.

Wait, are people allowed to make jokes on twitter?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    cass I am on gchat

skippy, make the new chat!

variable, you are backup

• Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    TomeWyrm wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    is that the place we went for your birthday tome

Yeah, Kolner. Great place. God damn that boot though...god damn that boot...

just so chat knows tome is a very love-y drunk

Just for you buddy <3

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I want to see chatters get lovey drunk!

Jelly

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote:
    We had a large area of our cable internet service go down for a couple hours. When it came back up a bunch of customers' routers did not aquire new IPs, so they just need to be restarted to get reconnected.

Just got a call from a customer who I explained this to and then asked him to reboot his router. His response?

"No, sir, I can see the modem is connected to us right now, but I have no signal from your router. Just cycle your router and it should be resolved."

facepalm.jpg.

I had a literal "is the computer on?" issue a couple of days ago.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    I am looking forward to drinking a lot of cocktails and coffee in a few weeks when back home and then not having to worry about getting the last tube!

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote:

facepalm.jpg.

It's like those guys who go to the doctor with an internet diagnosis.

This discussion has been closed.