As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The New, Happier, More Lyrical [Chat] Thread

• Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    I'm hungry, and it's pissing me off, because I'm not supposed to be hungry yet. Particularly not after how much pasta I had for dinner. I shall smoke a couple cigarettes, that should fix it.
    Err [insert well-meant advice on stop smoking and getting a goddamned drink]

I did have a glass of water. Not some sissy-glass like everyone else seems to have, my glasses all hold a pint or more. But cigarettes are also good for me, so I will also be smoking.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm hungry, and it's pissing me off, because I'm not supposed to be hungry yet. Particularly not after how much pasta I had for dinner. I shall smoke a couple cigarettes, that should fix it.
    Err [insert well-meant advice on stop smoking and getting a goddamned drink]

I did have a glass of water. Not some sissy-glass like everyone else seems to have, my glasses all hold a pint or more. But cigarettes are also good for me, so I will also be smoking.
    :|

Aldo on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Thank you for smoking. :lol:

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Tonight I got paid in orange juice

I like orange juice

also, SC was that you?

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yep. I saw your blog linked hear I while ago and though it was pretty interesting. Finally got round to adding you.

Leitner on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Ok, now I've actually got to get off my ass and get some shit done for the move tomorrow. Dang move.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Locks, they will soon pay you in children. What will you do then?

Need some cooking advice? :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Locks, they will soon pay you in children. What will you do then?

Need some cooking advice? :P

true enough, old German ladies are famous for their children recipies

well, that and their confectionary houses ;-)

edit: K, you're on the list SC.

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I just received an e-mail of the Womennetwork on my uni for a workshop on "how to gain influence in your organisation".

Am I a female now?

Aldo on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I just received an e-mail of the Womennetwork on my uni for a workshop on "how to gain influence in your organisation".

Am I a female now?

Does it mention objectifying?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

Am I a female now?

And once again someone is emasculated over the internet. :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Does it mention objectifying?
    De training " invloed verwerven in de organisatie" draait om 'grip krijgen op'.In het uitoefenen van je functie kan je soms het idee hebben dat je geen grip krijgt op een situatie, ontwikkelingen of "het spel dat gespeeld wordt", terwijl je direct of indirect wel met de gevolgen te maken krijgt.

Het kan dan nuttig zijn, eens vanuit een breder perspectief te reflecteren, analyseren en uitwisselen wat de mogelijkheden zijn om meer invloed uit te oefenen en meer met je invloed te bereiken.

The training "gaining influence in the organisation" is all about "getting grip on". While you are fulfilling your function, you sometimes get the idea that you do not have grip on the situation, developments or "the game that's being played", while the results directly or indirectly have influence on you.

It can then be useful to reflect, analyse and exchange what the options are to gain more influence and get more done with this influence on a broader perspective.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Should I sign up? :lol:

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Aldo, you totally should sign up. Please bring a camera to the first meeting and take pictures of their faces when you stroll in.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh man, Toronto got completely demolished last night. Six to one.

But the game itself was fun. Plus, Eddie Shack was there signing autographs and he hit on my girlfriend.

shack.jpg

(Not a recent picture ;-) )

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I should take pictures of my face as they storm at me with sharp objects to "take care" of my manliness. :?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Andrew_Jay wrote: »

But the game itself was fun. Plus, Eddie Shack was there signing autographs and he hit on my girlfriend.

shack.jpg

I'd hit it.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I should take pictures of my face as they storm at me with sharp objects to "take care" of my manliness. :?

D: On second thought, leave it be.

Who was Toronto playing against, A_J and did you demolish Eddie Shack for hitting on your GF?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

That reminds me. I constantly hear about fake-feminists saying stupid things and getting into arguments about how women shouldn't be allowed to wear skirts but I never get to meet them and explain to them what the word "feminism" actually means.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    D: On second thought, leave it be.

Who was Toronto playing against, A_J and did you demolish Eddie Shack for hitting on your GF?
    The Buffalo Sabres. Toronto's totally not going to make the playoffs this year, again.

I actually wasn't there when it happened, she went out to get drinks and he bumped into her.

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

That reminds me. I constantly hear about fake-feminists saying stupid things and getting into arguments about how women shouldn't be allowed to wear skirts but I never get to meet them and explain to them what the word "feminism" actually means.

I hate it when a company or political party has it as a goal to have 50% women in the organisation or shit like that, whatever happened to picking the best person for the job? D:

Aldo on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Andrew_Jay wrote: »

shack.jpg

that guy is hilarious.
    One night Toronto was getting laced (10-0) late in the third and Shack had never left the bench. The fans, to fight boredom started the chant, "We want Shack!" Coach Imlach finally relented and told Shack, "Get on the ice!" Shack leaped over the boards, raced around the ice to warm up and he had the fans in hysterics. They lined up for the face-off then Shack called Time and hustled over to the bench. "Coach I forgot to ask, did you want me to go for a win or a tie?"

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    anybody else here a Tom Leher fan?

edit:

elements?

poisioning pidgeons in the park?

anyone?

ALocksly on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

I hate it when a company or political party has it as a goal to have 50% women in the organisation or shit like that, whatever happened to picking the best person for the job? D:

Yeah, I don't know about affirmative action. Clearly something like that is needed because a lot of businesses are apparently incapable of accepting the idea that people who aren't white men are people too, but at the same time the particulars of how to set something up that makes sense, works, and doesn't muck things up are pretty damned complicated, especially since a law applies to everyone rather than just the companies that are fucking up.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

Yeah, I don't know about affirmative action. Clearly something like that is needed because a lot of businesses are apparently incapable of accepting the idea that people who aren't white men are people too, but at the same time the particulars of how to set something up that makes sense, works, and doesn't muck things up are pretty damned complicated, especially since a law applies to everyone rather than just the companies that are fucking up.

One could argue that it is more important to convince companies and their employees that non-white, women and physically impaired can be just as good as the white man at a job. That seems more important than an iron fist-ruling of "employ X women"

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Proto wrote: »
    that guy is hilarious.
    One night Toronto was getting laced (10-0) late in the third and Shack had never left the bench. The fans, to fight boredom started the chant, "We want Shack!" Coach Imlach finally relented and told Shack, "Get on the ice!" Shack leaped over the boards, raced around the ice to warm up and he had the fans in hysterics. They lined up for the face-off then Shack called Time and hustled over to the bench. "Coach I forgot to ask, did you want me to go for a win or a tie?"
    Heh,

Clear the track for Eddie Shack.

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

One could argue that it is more important to convince companies and their employees that non-white, women and physically impaired can be just as good as the white man at a job. That seems more important than an iron fist-ruling of "employ X women"

Thing is, all a government can do is make laws and laws don't really effectively convince people to hold certain ideas so much as to not get caught behaving certain ways.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ObsObs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007

Thing is, all a government can do is make laws and laws don't really effectively convince people to hold certain ideas so much as to not get caught behaving certain ways.

I think affirimitave action is just a transitional tool that will disappear in future generations. Remember many of the businesses owned today are owned by people who are old enough to remember the times when blacks weren't full citizens and racism was acceptable. I imagine racism is disappearing amongst younger generations.

These days in America, being an open racist or a pedophile is probably the worst you could be.

Obs on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    D=

anyone see the daily show bit about Texas last night?

I found it a little upsetting.

that's understatement, cause I just saw it, and words are kinda failing me a little.

Like, i kinda understand how God felt, when he sent angels down to Sodom, and the towns people were rude to them and decided to rape them. Kinda shock, and horror, and desire to kinda kill them all, and you know if some bitch that decided to leave look back longingly at that horrible fucking town? Yeah, I'd turn the bitch into a pillar of salt, cause people that long for town where shit like that happens don't really need to be alive.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    redx wrote: »
    D=

that's understatement, cause I just saw it, and words are kinda failing me a little.

Like, i kinda understand how God felt, when he sent angels down to Sodom, and the towns people were rude to them and decided to rape them. Kinda shock, and horror, and desire to kinda kill them all, and you know if some bitch that decided to leave look back longingly at that horrible fucking town? Yeah, I'd turn the bitch into a pillar of salt, cause people that long for town where shit like that happens don't really need to be alive.

yes, though having lived there I wasn't really surprised

ALocksly on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    What? What happened in Texas? Describe it please.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I had, quite possibly, the worst sleep ever. I have no idea how much actual sleep I got.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    redx wrote: »
    D=

I saw it. It was upsetting.

"So, is this because they're Muslims?"
    "No! Of course not! It's that they want to build a Mosque here. What's next, our kids will have to go to school with their kids? And there's the terrorist connection."
    "So what did you do?"
    "I organised pig races on my land, right next to theirs. I own all the land around theirs, so I'm going to keep on raising pigs around them 'till the sun don't shine."
    "And that has nothing to do with the fact they're Muslims?"
    "Nothing at all."

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007

muslims (gasp) wanted to build a community center and mosque in a texas town

the totally not racist residents reacted by setting up a track and holding pig races every friday night (muslim holy night)

ALocksly on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh, Texas. *sigh*

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    I saw it. It was upsetting.

"So, is this because they're Muslims?"
    "No! Of course not! It's that they want to build a Mosque here. What's next, our kids will have to go to school with their kids? And there's the terrorist connection."
    "So what did you do?"
    "I organised pig races on my land, right next to theirs. I own all the land around theirs, so I'm going to keep on raising pigs around them 'till the sun don't shine."
    "And that has nothing to do with the fact they're Muslims?"
    "Nothing at all."
    But it has everythin' ta do wi' dem not bein' from 'round 'ere.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I had, quite possibly, the worst sleep ever. I have no idea how much actual sleep I got.

while I am loath to counsel a minor to drink,

when my back was killing me from work I'd usually just down sixpack and hit the sack.

pain relief plus sleep aid

ALocksly on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Eh, bunch of fuckers. Sadly, shit like that will fly nearly everywhere.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    ALocksly wrote: »

muslims (gasp) wanted to build a community center and mosque in a texas town

the totally not racist residents reacted by setting up a track and holding pig races every friday night (muslim holy night)
    Pigs are pretty fast.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ALocksly wrote: »

while I am loath to counsel a minor to drink,

when my back was killing me from work I'd usually just down sixpack and hit the sack.

pain relief plus sleep aid

I always wake up early when I've been drinking. Early is like 10:00 in this example, but I can sleep 'til noon otherwise.

VishNub on
This discussion has been closed.