As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

bespeckaled bretheren, lend me your ears...

MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
SO i find myself needing a new headset (gaming/conference call worthy). Does anyone have any good recommendations on a good headset that isn't unbearable when wearing glasses? (preferably under $100us)
these seem like they'd be fairly comfortable. thoughts?
oh, and before anyone asks, no, contacts are not an option

thanks in advance...

steam:maguano2
gamertag:Maguano71
Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
Maguano on

• Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    Has to have a mic? I am interested in what you discover.

If plain headphones are an option, Sennheiser HD280s. I got so tired of forgetting to drag mine back and forth between home and work that I bought a second set.

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    If they make a non-xbox version, I've tried turtle beaches with my glasses, and they work okay.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    @zilo, yeah need a mic for work (several remote teammates, webex/conf calls/etc)

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I use these: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-communications/internet-headsets-phones/devices/usb-headset-h530 and they are decent. I am sure, damn sure, you can get better sound quality if you are willing to spend more. But my headphone port has all kinds of line noise, so USB was necessary, and this is really just a way to talk to friends in games for me. Audio fidelity/ music is not their job. But at around 50$, they do work well, and I have been told my voice is good and clear. As far as my glasses go, these have not caused a problem, as they don't really interact with them. I have not gone 8 hours with them on, but after 2-4, I have experienced no discomfort.

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    I know this is a problem, especially when wearing them for a long time.

I gave up looking, so now I just wear a hat or a hoodie. It helps.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    I've used normal audio headphones,specifically audio technica ath-700 i think then a bit cheaper model + a zalman clip on mic for years without incident. This is after trying a bunch of the "gaming" headsets.

I would still be using the more expensive ones but I busted the mic connector and soldering on a new one caused me to get static shocked every 5 minutes.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Are you looking for high sound quality for both ears, i.e. headphones, or just a headset for VOIP, etc.? A single ear cheapy mic is actually really easy to wear over glasses.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    I wear glasses and these are my heaphones. http://www.plantronics.com/ca/product/audio-355 they are comfy and I could do 5 hours raids and not have sweaty ear or pain from my temples being pushed into my head. The sound quality is not bad and having the mute switch near was handy. The mic is also not to bad. Mine are actually the older version but I have tried these newer ones and they are much the same. Think I paid about $50 CAD for them.

• Options
    @darkewolf, yes both ears, as they are dual purpose (gaming and worky)

the problem isnt with the temples or head per se, but rather the ones i had push my ears int the frames into my skulls...

• Options
    Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    thats what I ment sorry, temples is the name for the whole arm piece. Yeah the part that goes around my ears is just as comfy with them on as they are off.