As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What every town should have...

corinoscorinos Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Critical Failures
Hey all,

I just wanted to bring to your attention an awesome after school program I've done a bit of work with that is really awesome that I know we all wish were in our town when we were young.

The program is called REDACTED and it's a program for at risk youth in Belfast, ME. The program offers a place to go after school (obviously) to play anything you can play socially, so cards, board games and rpgs. They have kids running games all the time and their enrollment was around 150 kids earlier this year. The other thing that they offer is a free, hot meal every time the kids come, and they have developed a tracking program so they can monitor their real goal which is to build citizenship skills and create good members of the community. They do whole town based events which engage and educate even the locals.

I'm a four hour drive away, across the Canadian border, and I've driven down to help them with programing several times in the last few years.

I would really encourage anyone who would have loved to have someone organizing games for them after school from middle school until high-school graduation to check this group out.

Thanks,

Cor

Like board games, card games, community involvement and a free meal after school for your kids? Check out this fantastic after school program everyone should know about:

www.thegameloft.org
Ramius on

• Options
    rucdocrucdoc Crazy guy in the corner ClassifiedRegistered User regular
    I have to agree this is cool. the area I'm in is rather out in the middle of nowhere. and sadly during the summer the crime rate doubles due to kids not having anything better to do so they get into trouble.

Original Creepy Janitor

http://www.dust514stats.com
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    Hi Corinos,

I'm sorry, but we don't allow these sort of drive-by link drops on our community. I've edited your post and am locking this thread. The established norm in our community for promoting a cause you believe in is to put an inconspicuous link in your signature, and then participate in the community regularly. People will eventually click-through the link for more information if they are interested.

This discussion has been closed.