As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tamamy: PS3 Controller driver -

ED!ED! Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Anyone have any experience with this? I've managed to get the driver installed and the PS3 controller is responsive (once you hit the Home button) in Game Controller Settings, however getting it to actually work in game - I'm clueless. It seems most (awful) tutorials/user experiences make it seem like its just "plug and play" in regards to getting the Tamamy driver to work, but it's not going to well for me. I feel like there's some step between getting the driver installed and using the controller in-game that is missing.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
ED! on

• Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    Don't know much about Tamamy but have you tried to use MotionJoy? It's how I run my ps3 controller on PC and if you can get through the initial set up which may or may not give you a little bit of trouble it works pretty flawlessly. Emulating 360 controller mode is really nice for gaming if you know the xbox buttons for the on screen prompts and a lot of games just recognize 360 controllers no problem.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I've used MJ for the past year; I hate the fact that it requires an internet connection (to feed me ads), and it CONSTANTLY disconnects in newer games (Skyrim, SR3). The journey of getting the drivers OFF my computer has also been worse than removing a virus or malware.

Essentially I want a plug & play option for this controller, that doesn't rely on an ad-generating program.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend