As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA Comic: Friday, Jan. 20, 2012 - Hmm

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited January 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Some guy.
Rankenphile on

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    "And what's the deal with OPEN?"

The dialogue reminded me of Seinfeld, yes. Good that they're raising awareness further.

• Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    So Tycho died in that lake, then? Well.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    e: That did not just happen. YOU SAW NOTHING

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Gabe's Hardballs aims to maintain the journalistic integrity of Too Fucking Late With Tycho.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    taggedjctaggedjc Registered User new member
    Why is the Penny Arcade news a comic behind? The news right now is showing "Anticipation" which is supposed to be for Wednesday's comic, and even suggests that Extra Credits had a new episode today, when that was back on Wednesday. And I noticed on Wednesday that it was showing Monday's News, and so on...

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The comic and news aren't always synchronised. Sometimes you get these delays. It will probably be up by tonight.

• Options
    taggedjctaggedjc Registered User new member
    Weird. I was certain that the news only updated today from Monday's news, so it was two days late. I'll keep an eye on it.

• Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    Usually the comic comes up first, and then the newspost some time later

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    The comic and news aren't always synchronised. Sometimes you get these delays. It will probably be up by tonight.

Seems like the newspost is at least a few hours behind most comic updates.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    MagnumCTMagnumCT Registered User regular
    I was for it before I was against it.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ha ha, I just noticed that Gabe's show notes are just drawings of dicks.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    My balls are certainly hard

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote:
    My balls are certainly hard

You might want to see an oncologist about that.

faits.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Ha ha, I just noticed that Gabe's show notes are just drawings of dicks.

That was a great touch.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    UnderwhelmingUnderwhelming myMomIsTheJam July 13, 2013 Registered User regular
    Individually, my body parts are against SOPA. As a group, I really like toaster strudels.

Also, I really hate SOPA.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Oh my god, apple toaster strudels are like toaster orgasms.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    I'm ironically in favor of SOPA. I'm unironically in favor of various toaster pastries.

• Options
    Omega_ChervilOmega_Chervil Registered User new member
    I was doing a little bit of looking around, and I think I might've found an explanation for the dichotomy. Apparently this guy is the current president of the ESA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gallagher_%28US_politician%29 His stance on DNS and his past positions would be enough to make me concerned, even if his stance on SOPA/PIPA didn't.

• Options
    MisterEnsuesMisterEnsues Registered User new member
    That mouth. That fucking mouth.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Like I've been saying for a while, until EA and other individual companies who oppose this shit put dollars into FIGHTING it, the gesture of saying they're against it is meaningless because they collectively have a hard-on for it.

• Options
    lunistlunist Registered User regular
    I know, right?! The sheer anatomy of it boggles the mind.

• Options
    KnaraKnara Registered User regular
    lunist wrote:

Works for me, though, since it visually expresses the insincerity of what the character is saying.

• Options
    Warped655Warped655 Registered User new member
    Individually, my body parts are against SOPA. As a group, I really like toaster strudels.

Also, I really hate SOPA.
    Do you like Pillsburied Death Strudels? muhaha.

(look up hatefarm, few people read it so I figured no one would get the reference unless I pointed it out... which I'll admit defeats the point but whatever)

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Knara wrote:
    lunist wrote:

Works for me, though, since it visually expresses the insincerity of what the character is saying.

It's sort of like the puckered sarcasm lips Scott Adams uses in Dilbert.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The idea that the ESA just assumed their individual founders would be cool with alienating their entire user base is fantastic.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    dick jokes are something that will never get old

• Options
    SeakowSeakow Master Lurker Registered User regular
    "Hardballs with Gabriel" made me laugh WAY more then it should have.

• Options
    ChecksixChecksix Registered User new member
    Heh, I love Gabes notes but I have to say I'm concerned with Mike's constant dong drawing.

• Options
    DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    Checksix wrote:
    Heh, I love Gabes notes but I have to say I'm concerned with Mike's constant dong drawing.

Why?

• Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    Durkhanus wrote:
    Checksix wrote:

Why?
    Some kind of wangophobia, one can only imagine.

faits.png
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    Checksix wrote:

You need to face your fears.
    :winky:

• Options
    gekkobeargekkobear Registered User regular
    Ok, I read Harry Reid's reason for delaying. They're going to reach a compromise on PIPA later? Hooray?

I suspect that means they'll pass it once this current publicity dies down; not that they'll actually take due process under thew law into account in trying to ram this legislation through?

Love to see Congress doing they're best to clarify what punishment and property takings that are going to be legal for being suspected of a crime in the future. Trials and due process and proof and all that have to be problematic for the government. At least with SOPA and PIPA they're ignoring that bother. They'll be like the EPA in that respect (if you missed Alito's comments on the recent EPA hearing before the SCOTUS and you follow politics, it was interesting).