As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] Ain't Awake Yet

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Mim wrote:
    As mad as I am at Chick-Fil-A about their stance on same-sex marriage, they have really good milkshakes that compliment their sandwiches well.

The insanity of Chick-Fil-As execs are matched only be the deliciousness of their food.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Yum, that looks like excellent tea Bob. I am jealous.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    their milkshakes bring all the mims to the yard

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Oh god, seventh seal lightsaber duel

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    All I can do is take Cutethulu to Disney World/SeaWorld/Busch Gardens/The Yuengling Brewery/Universal Studios/Epcot/MGM Studios.

:(

That's not a bad thing! You're taking him to places that don't exist elsewhere, and that's the point.

Also, you might bump into a celebrity plugging a movie and one thing might lead to another...

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    But this isn't a competition!

It's a collaboration!
    I clearly won anyway. :P

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    japan wrote:
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    japan wrote:
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Today I learned that trying to slice a roasted aubergine is extremely difficult.

Fortunately it all fell apart in the tagine anyway, but I'm glad I broke up the skin a bit.

Why can't you just say Eggplant?

Making me Google stuff...

Because I can never remember if that's aubergine or courgette. Also it is a silly word.

Eggplant and Zucchini!!

You old worlders and your fancy words for things.

Zucchini is an even sillier word.

It contains Z.

The silliest letter.

Only if it's Zee rather than Zed.

Fun fact, the Kawasaki ZZR1400 is called the ZX-14 in the US because of pronunciation difficulties.

Also brinjal is clearly the best name for aubergines, even if the word does tend to be used as a shorthand for the pickle prepared from the vegetable in question.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote:
    As mad as I am at Chick-Fil-A about their stance on same-sex marriage, they have really good milkshakes that compliment their sandwiches well.

It's not Chick-Fil-A's stance, it's the owner of Chick-Fil-A's stance and people are allowed to hold whatever opinions they want, no matter how terrible, because this is America.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote:

It's nommy Twinings English Breakfast Tea all served up in Twinings branded stuff (which for some reason Boots were selling as part of their Christmas range of gifts).

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Mim wrote:

It's not Chick-Fil-A's stance, it's the owner of Chick-Fil-A's stance and people are allowed to hold whatever opinions they want, no matter how terrible, because this is America.

being allowed to hold whatever opinion does not mean that you can have whatever opinion without receiving scorn and loathing from other people

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Mim wrote:

Chick-fil-A's connection to Christianity has been brought before the courts when Aziz Latif, a Houston-based Muslim employee for six years, sued the company in 2002 for firing him, alleging that he was fired for his religious beliefs when he had refused to take part in an employee prayer.[29] The suit was settled on undisclosed terms.[30]

In January 2011, various news outlets[31][32] reported that Chick-fil-A was co-sponsoring a marriage conference[31] along with the Pennsylvania Family Institute,[33] a 501(c)3 organization that seeks to "strengthen families by restoring to public life the traditional, foundational principles and values essential for the well-being of society".[34] PFI had filed an amicus brief against the trial ruling striking down Proposition 8 in California,[35] and had also lobbied against a state effort to ban discrimination in Pennsylvania on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.[36] At the time the WinShape Foundation was also quoted as stating it would not allow same-sex couples to participate in its marriage retreats.[37][38] In response to the reported connections between PFI and WinShape and to Chick-fil-A's statements, students at several colleges and universities formed grassroots efforts to ban or remove the company from their campuses.

Through WinShape, Chick-fil-A has given $3 million to anti-gay social conservative groups since 2003, with a total of $2 million in 2009 alone

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Mim wrote:

Oh.

Well then.

Allow me to continue getting fat on their milkshakes without guilt.

edit: OR NOT.

Mim on
  • Options
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Mim wrote:

Yes, but their opinions can still make them dicks. And people can still be mad about people being dicks.

• Options
    That's not a bad thing! You're taking him to places that don't exist elsewhere, and that's the point.

Also, you might bump into a celebrity plugging a movie and one thing might lead to another...

More than likely he will visit St. Augustine and Daytona Beach, also probably a bar or two, and the brewery. Ticket prices to the theme parks are soooo expensive!

Well maybe MGM or Epcot, since those are awesome.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote:

More than likely he will visit St. Augustine and Daytona Beach, also probably a bar or two, and the brewery. Ticket prices to the theme parks are soooo expensive!

Well maybe MGM or Epcot, since those are awesome.

They are, you know. The best bits of my Floridian holidays. :)

• Options
    employee prayer.

Man, fuck them.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Especially if their dickery takes the form of ploughing huge quantities of money into dickish public policy.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Mim wrote:
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Mim wrote:

Oh.

Well then.

Allow me to continue getting fat on their milkshakes without guilt.
    I'm pretty sure that some of chik-fil-a's profits go into supporting those groups, so

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Piano is haaaard

but I will learn, damnit

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Mim wrote:

being allowed to hold whatever opinion does not mean that you can have whatever opinion without receiving scorn and loathing from other people
    That is why god invented boycotts. To punish fuckers.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote:
    I can tell I am old and boring, as this is the highlight of my Saturday evening.
    IMG_20120121_212427.jpg

Hmm. But it is good and the set is pretty.
    Did you have a powerful urge to drink more tea while watching Sherlock Holmes by chance?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    japan wrote:
    Especially if their dickery takes the form of ploughing huge quantities of money into dickish public policy.

But this is America!

• Options
    Mim wrote:

The insanity of Chick-Fil-As execs are matched only be the deliciousness of their food.

It's like I'm upset while scarfing down their milkshake and sandwiches.

"I'M SO PISSED, I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU MONEY FOR THIS DELICIOUS FOOD, BIGOTS"

• Options
    japan wrote:
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Mim wrote:

Yes, but their opinions can still make them dicks. And people can still be mad about people being dicks.

Well yeah.

But hey, if I let politics dictate everything I bought, I would be living in the woods in a lean to, eating things I crafted with a handmade spear.

So I would be dead basically.

Steam
  • Options
    Kalkino wrote:
    BobCesca wrote:
    I can tell I am old and boring, as this is the highlight of my Saturday evening.
    IMG_20120121_212427.jpg

Did you have a powerful urge to drink more tea while watching Sherlock Holmes by chance?

God yes. And smoke.

• Options
    that said, mim, you should eat there anyway because boycotts don't do anything

• Options
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    japan wrote:
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Mim wrote:

Well yeah.

But hey, if I let politics dictate everything I bought, I would be living in the woods in a lean to, eating things I crafted with a handmade spear.

Or you can reject the false dichotomy and have a threshold of dickishness at which you don't support something.

• Options
    Okay

it is now official

Wimp sucks, compared to spotify.

Interface is worse, and, most importantly, they have less music I want to find.

there's too much music I've found on spotify that I haven't found on Wimp now.

Other way around has never happened.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote:
    employee prayer.

Man, fuck them.

I pissed off my MUN group because I refused to do a dinner prayer. My reasoning was we were in a multi-cutural room with many different faiths and no one else was doing it, so why make ourselves the odd ones out and be religious.

That, and the really religious kids could not wrap their heads around me being Agnostic.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    ..what I left the Resident Evil Revelations demo alone for less then 5 minutes and it quit back to the menu.

Really nintendo/capcom this is how youre going to be?

• Options
    Elendil wrote:

Organized boycotts have been known to be effective.

• Options
    Elendil wrote:

I try not to eat there because, you know morals and all that, but I'm just saying they've got me by the balls with their milkshakes.

• Options
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    japan wrote:
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Mim wrote:

Well yeah.

I basically only boycott Nestle. Because killing babies is pretty much the most unpleasant behaviour engaged in by any of the companies to whom I may feel inclined to give money.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:

It's nommy Twinings English Breakfast Tea all served up in Twinings branded stuff (which for some reason Boots were selling as part of their Christmas range of gifts).

I have a box of English Breakfast downstairs. Its really tasty. Probably my normal drinking tea when it is cold.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Couscous wrote:
    Or you can reject the false dichotomy and have a threshold of dickishness at which you don't support something.

Meh.

Steam
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Mim wrote:
    Mim wrote:

It's like I'm upset while scarfing down their milkshake and sandwiches.

"I'M SO PISSED, I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU MONEY FOR THIS DELICIOUS FOOD, BIGOTS"

And the manager at the local Chick-Fil-A is so nice and half the time I walk by it in the mall they have a magician or sing a long or something.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I prefer K F C or Popeye's if I'm getting fast food chicken meals.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:
    BobCesca wrote:
    IMG_20120121_212427.jpg

God yes. And smoke.

I even went out for biscuits during an advertisement

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Mim wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    employee prayer.

Man, fuck them.

I pissed off my MUN group because I refused to do a dinner prayer. My reasoning was we were in a multi-cutural room with many different faiths and no one else was doing it, so why make ourselves the odd ones out and be religious.

That, and the really religious kids could not wrap their heads around me being Agnostic.

I love how we're the more secular country despite having an official state religion

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I know boycotts are stupid, and yet I still do them.

I try not to buy Nestlé products and have done so for about 10 years. I'm sure that my boycott doesn't really change anything, but I just don't like giving the company money (I do fail sometimes though cos mint Aero is delicious).

This discussion has been closed.