As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Mobile App: http://store.steampowered.com/mobile (Open Beta)

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Drake wrote:
    In the rare case that Steam doesn't provide a manual, www.replacementdocs.com usually has you covered.
    Didn't know about that site, really handy. Thanks a lot!
    There's even a MSX game manual. Memories!

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Super MNC is a weird beast. It was a weird mix of action RTS, tower defense, and third-person shooter last time. Now it's tilting more towards action RTS, and the tower defense aspect is pretty much gone (towers are now static installations with no building input from players). Players are beefier, and death rewards the opposing team.

It's still very much a third-person shooter, but the DOTA aspects seem to be the one thing really taking root.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    Shamelessly stolen from my past self.

Sort of related to Steam...Newegg is having a sale on a 360 controller for windows (comes with USB wireless thing). 37 bucks with coupon code
    EMCNJHN34
    Shamelessly stolen from slickdeals.

"lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Beer, chips, salsa and Dustforce. To think some people go out on Saturday nights.

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    To clear up some utterly erroneous sentiment from the first page of this thread, Dustforce is absolutely nothing like Mirror's Edge. Except for being awesome. That is literally the only thing they have in common.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Is there a release date for Super Monday Night Combat?

• Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    So, Sonic 4.

Praise or Condemn? I must knoooooow...

• Options
    Sonic 4 is okay.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    SMNC was fun. Just can't wait for the tutorial mode. SPECIAL NOTE: Although C is called "melee" it doesnt do damage. its a high five ;/

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Nintendo really need to get some NES/SNES games on steam too

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    They reserve all those for re-packaged DS titles don't they?

• Options
    Why would Nintendo put their games on another platform?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    probably, but I'd love to be playing Super Mario Bros 3 right now
    Rorus Raz wrote:

the same reason as SEGA, money

if there was a Super Mario Bros pack containing 1, 2, 3 & world I'd buy that for £10

rikdaly on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    I signed up for super MNC but no beta invite get =(

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Euphoriac wrote:
    So, Sonic 4.

Praise or Condemn? I must knoooooow...

Wait for a good sale. If it were $5 I would say go for it if you're desperate for some new side scrolling Sonic and don't have CD, but no way for $10.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular

Accept my Steam friend request, I'll give you one of mine.

• Options
    This morning they gave each member of the beta two invites. Ask around!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    New computer should be here next week and assembled by the weekend. I'll probably hit up some people for a super MNC invite then.

By the way, any recommendations for a good PC headset/mic?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    rikdaly wrote:
    probably, but I'd love to be playing Super Mario Bros 3 right now
    Rorus Raz wrote:

the same reason as SEGA, money

if there was a Super Mario Bros pack containing 1, 2, 3 & world I'd buy that for £10

SEGA would have a hard time trying to make money releasing their games on their own platforms these days.

Nintendo still makes plenty re-releasing on their own.

• Options
    oh I understand that, dreams cost nothing though

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote:
    New computer should be here next week and assembled by the weekend. I'll probably hit up some people for a super MNC invite then.

I use this and love it. It was my Christmas present to myself back in 2010.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote:

Depending on the pricerange, I bought a Logitech g930 in December and like it quite a bit. I upgraded from Sounblaster Arenas and my only complaint with them was 1.) Wired and 2.) Sat rather heavy on the top of my head.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    I picked up these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-350-Collapsible-Microphone/dp/B0012XFDWO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327190390&sr=8-1
    with some credit I had had in my amazon account for a long while. When I'm buying something I intend to use for a number of years I have a habit of splurging and then justifying it by pro-rating the cost over the life time of use:) I had a pair of senn 580 earphones for a number of years now and love the sound quality so went with them for my headset. So far quite pleased with it. Nice refined sound and good mic. Not cheap though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Stuntspike wrote:
    I was pleasantly surprised to find a web browser hidden in my Steam today...

God I wish there was some kind of adblock for Steam's web browser. If I have to check GameFaqs super quick for something it's basically ads being shit all over my screen. It's still awesome to have though, especially since alt-tabbing in a Source Engine game makes your PC explode.
    Lord_Snot wrote:
    Luckily enough, I live near a pizza place that delivers microbrewed beer. I am the luckiest man in Spain.

That sounds amazing. Do you know anyone in Spain who would be interested in hiring an illegal immigrant?

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Demo inc. Worth it?

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Stuntspike wrote:

God I wish there was some kind of adblock for Steam's web browser. If I have to check GameFaqs super quick for something it's basically ads being shit all over my screen. It's still awesome to have though, especially since alt-tabbing in a Source Engine game makes your PC explode.
    Source games can run in borderless windowed mode which makes alt+tabbing easy as pie, yes?

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Stuntspike wrote:

Source games can run in borderless windowed mode which makes alt+tabbing easy as pie, yes?

Yes! I have -window -noborder set in the launch options of all my source games. Makes life easier for me. You should do that, @SmokeStacks.

• Options
    Taramoor wrote:
    Demo inc. Worth it?

I have it. Its decent. Probably will get more fun as I put more time in it to unlock more weapons.

PS everyone play SMNC with me

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

PS everyone play SMNC with me
    I should do just that tommorow.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    How's the community on SMNC anyway? I got into MNC real late and there was barely anything, and everyone that did play was 10 times better than I was.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    That sounds amazing. Do you know anyone in Spain who would be interested in hiring an illegal immigrant?

Yes. But more importantly, all the Steam thread denizens should come on a summer holiday to Southern Spain.

Lord_Snot on
  • Options
    How's the community on SMNC anyway? I got into MNC real late and there was barely anything, and everyone that did play was 10 times better than I was.

Community seems good. People get pissed at me because I "feed" kills because Im not SUPERSERIOUS, but I'm having fun. Currently seems like its pretty hard to be a one man team because turrets and players are pretty difficult to kill solo.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

Community seems good. People get pissed at me because I "feed" kills because Im not SUPERSERIOUS, but I'm having fun. Currently seems like its pretty hard to be a one man team because turrets and players are pretty difficult to kill solo.

Oh god, the playerbase actually uses the moba lexicon in this bitch? That honestly makes me not want to play it because that means they are too hardcore for me to tango with.

• Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    So I see my Bastion giveaway was won by a russian sniper.
    Were quote to work on closed threads, just imagine me quoting his post, then saying "Lulz no"
    And then sending in a support ticket to get a re-roll on the steamgift.
    That said, the payday giveaway is still open through tomorrow night.
    signature.png

Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Zxerol wrote:

Oh god, the playerbase actually uses the moba lexicon in this bitch? That honestly makes me not want to play it because that means they are too hardcore for me to tango with.

I haven't played it, but really, SMNC is a MOBA. So was MNC technically (even the devs said as much), but it sounds like SMNC is hewing far closer to that genre, just in a first person perspective. All the way down to needing coordinated teamwork in order to take out enemy players.

subedii on
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    Well what do you know, I just have a fine replacement for pizzas:

signature.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    If you want pinball, hold out for Zen Pinball on Steam or get it on PS3, 360 or 3DS.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    subedii wrote:
    I haven't played it, but really, SMNC is a MOBA. So was MNC technically (even the devs said as much), but it sounds like SMNC is hewing far closer to that genre, just in a first person perspective. All the way down to needing coordinated teamwork in order to take out enemy players.

I'm not disputing that it is one or a close enough. But when I start hearing stuff about laning, ganking, carries, feeding, denies, last hit, cc, qq, omgwtfbbq, that's usually a sign I'm not tough enough to hang around with the stereotypical hyper-competitive moba crowd. Like I remember playing MNC and no one really gave a shit if you "fed" like three times in a row omgnoob.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Not sure how I feel about SMNC. The pacing of the overall game is a lot slower, more focus on creep farming. The maps still follow the two lanes deal they did in MNC, so not much has changed in that department. The whole endorsement thing will probably be bad in the future once people get into the higher levels.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote:
    If you want pinball, hold out for Zen Pinball on Steam or get it on PS3, 360 or 3DS.

Glee!!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
This discussion has been closed.