As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Direct X 10 and Direct X 9.0L

tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
So direct X 10 is the new all singing all dancing graphics thingy for windows vista, which isnt being released on Windows XP. Ive been hearing for a while that plenty of new PC games are going to start requiring it, which distresses me since I hate having to do anything to my PC and vista is as expensive as hell.

However Ive just seen a few articles about this Direct X 9.0L thing, which is the new driver for windows XP. Will it make direct X 10 games work, but just not look as pretty, in windows XP?

I dont have a DX10 compatable graphics card, and wont until I next upgrade my PC. Will I really need to buy vista just to keep on playing games or will 9.0c and 9.0L keep me going in xp till the end of the year?

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
tbloxham on

• Options
    The TommyThe Tommy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This came up on Google.

It's not for XP. It's for Vista.

The Tommy on
    modestmousesig2ab5.png
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    it will be a LONG while before you see DX10 *required* games. About the same time you will finally update your PC .. and dx10 card.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So good news and bad news for me then I guess. Direct X 9.0L wont work, but hopefully I wont need it.

Thanks for the thoughts

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln