As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

50% OFF at Gamerush, didya know?

battledrillbattledrill Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Games and Technology
Well wouldn't you know that shipwreck at cheapassgamer uncovered a great deal imo. Gamerush locations inside of Blockbuster dropped select games 50% off. For the full of PS2, Xbox, Gcube and Xbox 360 games. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129314

Unfortunately no DS games. Also, please know that at first scan the games will be regular price, it is not until the chap at the register finally rings you up that the game will take half off automatically. You don't trust ol' battledrill you say? Well I got proof!

0227072048.jpg
0227071404.jpg

Thats from my excursion yesterday. $30 bucks for Marvel Ultimate Alliance and $25 for Lego Star Wars II

XBOX 360
Dead Rising $30
Disney's Cars
Enchanted Arms $30
Eragon
Fifa 06
History Channel Civil War
Hitman: Blood Money $20
Just Cause $25
Lego Bionicle
Lego Star Wars II $25
Madden 07
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $30
N3: Ninety Nine Nights $15
NCAA Football 07 $20
Over G Fighters
Phantasy Star Universe $20
Splinter Cell Double Agent $30
Splinter Cell Collectors Edition
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 $28
World Series of Poker $15
XBLA Unplugged $15

• Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I wish GameRush locations were around me. :( I always miss out on cool deals from there and from this mythical location called "Fry's," where apparently unicorns are birthed and the streets are paved with gold, chocolate and cheap video games.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Just so you know, the Fry's here in Texas has an oil derrick inside with wagon wheels surrounding it. Y'all.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Just so you know, the Fry's here in Texas has an oil derrick inside with wagon wheels surrounding it. Y'all.

Within 20 minutes of my house is a Fry's full of space aliens and a giant octopus (his tentacles make up the demo computer tables) and a Fry's with a 'Through the Looking Glass' theme.

They usually have good deals but never ask the help for information because they are retarded.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Its true Fry's is awesome I'm near Palo Alto which happens to be the birthplace of Fry's. The original store is pretty lame no theme and really small isles but all in all Fry's kick ass.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Your Fry's sound cooler then the one closest to me, which only has a space shuttle in it...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    When I lived in San Diego (well Carlsbad for those of you who know the area) there was a Fry's near by that had an Atlantis theme, which a giant round fish tank when you first walked in and other type structures. Was pretty cool

smokmnky on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Man, the nearest Fry's closest to me doesn't have shit in it. I guess it's a warehouse theme? :|

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The two Fry's near me have a Space Shuttle and quasi-Roman theme.

More on topic: just where is a Gamerush anyway? There some store locator deal?

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, you can just go to their website and use the store locator there.

Captain K on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Are they affiliated with Blockbuster? Like how Gamecrazy is with Hollywood Video?

smokmnky on
  • Options
    battledrillbattledrill Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Gamerush are sub divisions of Blockbuster. Located inside most Blockbuster Video Stores. To find your nearest gamerush type in your zip at the following: http://www.gamerush.com/

battledrill on

edited February 2007
    I gave it a shot, doesn't look like they have any near me in SF

smokmnky on
  • Options
    DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The Fry's 5 minutes from my apartment has no theme, but does have a rather awesome sandwich and coffee shop right in the center of the store. A saturday could be spent browsing the $35 sales on new games, watching a film or two on the big ass HDTVs in the back, and sitting down with a turkey club in the retaurant.

Doronron on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dammit...I would love to get M:UA cheap, but there isn't one within 25 miles of me.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X