As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Blams, Season 2, Ep. 7

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited January 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hornsby for president 2016

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    sheeeyat

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    Wait! What do all the whites get together and decide to do? I can't decide who to vote for now... but Hornsby does have better hair.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Some pussy!

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Kris the cook
    I get it

9/11

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Snarkman3Snarkman3 Registered User regular
    SCOTT WAS RAISED BY WOLVES

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I still have to rewind and pause so much to read everything.

RpD4N.png

Does anyone know how to see the bottom part?

Xehalus on
  • Options
    AshokaAshoka A Hub subforum that works? Registered User regular
    I only quite liked it.

WNskB.jpg
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    When that Hornsby commercial came on I knew EXACTLY what was going to happen but I couldn't stop myself from laughing until I cried.

• Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    I REALLY like that the commercial horn is kind of quiet and severe.

• Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Xehalus wrote:
    I still have to rewind and pause so much to read everything.

Does anyone know how to see the bottom part?

You'd have to ask kris and scott, because there's a black bar there that obfuscates it even if the player is fully hidden. (Which I'm sure they did intentionally for the lols)

TMPYP.jpg

faits on
    faits.png
  • Options
    TerriDTerriD Lady Changsha, Hunan, ChinaRegistered User regular
    I just want you guys to know (Kris and Scott) if you even read this that Blamimations are so hilariously funny, and I think they should be shown on TV's all over the world. BTW, I'm still watching the music video you guys did on the KSSK show.

With all that said; I really can't stand the Airhornsman. I dunno what it is. I guess it makes you guys laugh, and that's what matters, but for some reason I just don't think it's very funny. Of course, I have nothing to add or take away to improve it, so do with that what you will.

One more thing: I love it when you two crack up while you're trying to read that lines. That makes me laugh as much as any of the actual jokes.

P.S. -- Do you think you could use the words, "My" and "Dick" a little more. I find myself saying it (in Kris's intonation) and laughing, and people thing I'm weird. I blame you guys.

TerriBanner.gif
  • Options
    I find the funniest part of The Airhornsman to be how well that shit works for him. In his debut, when an airhorn went off every time his opponent opened his mouth, and the dude rapidly lost every single one of his shits? That's funny man.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    TerriD wrote:
    BWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

You have been drowned out by the majestic, blaring note of The Airhornsman, as shall be the fate of all those who dare try to speak against him.

I actually bought an airhorn debate T-shirt. I was only sad that it didn't become available until after I had finished school, would have loved to wear it around all the debate nerds there. Debate/moot court/etc. at my school was like football at most other schools...

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    TerriD wrote:
    BWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

You have been drowned out by the majestic, blaring note of The Airhornsman, as shall be the fate of all those who dare try to speak against him.

I actually bought an airhorn debate T-shirt. I was only sad that it didn't become available until after I had finished school, would have loved to wear it around all the debate nerds there. Debate/moot court/etc. at my school was like football at most other schools...

I would like to see some kid try the Airhornsman technique in an actual debate.

• Options
    Gaslight wrote:
    TerriD wrote:
    BWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

I would like to see some kid try the Airhornsman technique in an actual debate.

I would pay to see it. A lot.

• Options
    RobardRobard Austin, TXRegistered User new member
    This was a great episode, although the horn effect was a bit different from the original - not quite as funny, I thought - but I actually was just watching that new series Key and Peele on Comedy Central, and they've got a sketch that is almost exactly like the Gordon Ramsay spoof you guys did. I'm sure it's a coincidence, but I thought someone might want to check it out.

• Options
    Pizza_by_the_slicePizza_by_the_slice Registered User new member
    edited February 2012
    I created this account, almost for the express purpose of posting in this thread to praise the genius of Blamimations. I also wanted to echo Robard's statement about a recent Key & Peele episode that has a sketch very nearly identical to Scot and Kris's Ramsay blam. It's worth checking out.

I'm sure this type of creative borrowing happens quite often, but in this case it seems almost unashamedly intellectual property theft.

EDIT: If anybody is interested, this is the Key & Peele sketch, titled Gideon's Kitchen, on Youtube.

http://youtu.be/oPpzJAzdpTU

This version is shortened from the one that aired on television, and the similarities are even more remarkable when viewed in full.

Cheers.

Pizza_by_the_slice on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Wow...apparently I should read the posts above mine. I came here to report the Kay and Peele blam steal. I know "this stuff happens" but to the extent that this joke was ripped was insane. Like, I feel the odds of them having derived it originally and without seeing the blam are near zero. Someone on their writing staff had to steal that blam!

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    Disrupter wrote:
    Wow...apparently I should read the posts above mine. I came here to report the Kay and Peele blam steal. I know "this stuff happens" but to the extent that this joke was ripped was insane. Like, I feel the odds of them having derived it originally and without seeing the blam are near zero. Someone on their writing staff had to steal that blam!

Naw, naw. It's a remarkable coincidence that they both used Ramsey's Kitchen (or whatever his name is), but really what they're parodying is a common trope on those cooking reality shows. And the Blam had that rhyming gag too, which I enjoyed more anyway.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    God, the first Ramsay bit when it got into the Dr. Seuss style had me on the floor.