As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] FemShep Trailer Released. USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Heatwave wrote:
    I've already done the suicide mission. It's just that when I talked to him afterward he started calling me Shi'a. Do not want creepy man!

You actually can't 'accidentally' start a romance with Thane. It doesn't start until you pick a really overt dialoge choice ("I want you").

Though yeah, if you keep talking to him he starts calling you Siha. Pretty sure Thane gets a crush on FemShep whether she returns the affection or not. But hey, who doesn't?

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    Goddamn I love Vanguards. Charging to enemies on walkways and such to flank entire groups is just so fun. Jack's and Tali's recruitment missions in particular are amazing.

I wish there was a difficulty above Insanity, though.

• Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    I've watched Arrival. I still want it.

I enjoy Arrival, its got cool setpieces and I always look forward to the challenge of mixing up my playstyle once my squadmates are gone

and the gameplay aspect of it which is pretty great can't really be experienced by watching it on youtube

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    ed: apropo of nothing, but

it's actually sort of amazing how good a job they do of not letting you get dlc at a bargain

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    it's been on sale a few times on Xbox at least, but honestly the default prices are pretty fair

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Booker wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    it's perplexing that as distinct as the mako and hammerhead are, combat winds up being exactly the same: get out of range and hop up and down while firing away

It's all there in the manual, the Hammerhead is designed to be immediately familiar to tank crews.

I still have no idea why Bioware struggle so much in making a tank fun. Someone there really should have gone and played Resistance Fall of Man's tank levels (where that tank absolutely wrecks shit) to see how its done. At the same time, I'd rather them do away with vehicles entirely unless they are going to do them right this time.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    The Hammerhead is perfect except for its paper armor, just give it more health

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Can't buy DLC conveniently? Have to run through Origin?

looks like Console Master Race 8-)

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote:
    The Hammerhead is perfect except for its paper armor, just give it more health

That armour ruined what I found quite a fun vehicle

• Options
    it seems like an issue that could have been patchable

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the hammerhead's shitty survivability isn't that bad if only because there's barely any combat with it to begin with

a cheevo in Overlord and one particularly irritating Firewalker mission is the extent of it

• Options
    let us plebes have this one

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    It's not that the prices are unfair, it's that no matter what combination of DLC you want to buy, the total number of points involved is invariably just over the amount of points you get from buying a package (so you'd have to get another one.)

Like, I am playing through the game again because my old saves are lost (roomie's xbox long story etc); I figured I'd get shadow broker, kasumi and that little comic thing that means I don't have to play ME1 again. But those three things are like, 40 more points than two of the $15 point packages.

So hey, it turns out you can buy download codes from gamestop for straight cash monae (and it's a slightly better deal than going straight with live.) But gamestop doesn't sell the comic intro thing, despite selling everything else.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    You don't really need the comic on PC though, right? Can't you just edit a save file?

• Options
    G RolG Rol Dorsia? Nobody goes there anymore... Nell'sRegistered User regular
    After numerous runs through ME1 and ME2 (like, probably 8 times apiece) I finally got around to playing as dude Shep. I've stuck exclusively with fem Shep in the past because Meer's voice really turned me off in all the promo materials.

Turns out...it's pretty goddamn good in-game when not taken out of the context of dialogue. Now I have a great excuse to run through all three games an additional 8 times. The ME series are my "go to" games if I don't have anything else I'm playing. I can always load up either game and contently bop around the universe.

G%20Rol.jpg
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote:
    You don't really need the comic on PC though, right? Can't you just edit a save file?

you can! unfortunately xbox is fucking dumb about data management so there's no way to edit a save and import it to the console

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    I don't mind leftover points because I know I can just save them for the future

also you can download them off Amazon for like $15 and no sales tax

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    hmm double post

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular

Hey -Tal, I found a tweet I thought you might enjoy.

"Certain ME3 fans are going to go mental over the shirtless Kaidan scenes. Him lying there... Just waiting for action... #ME3"

• Options
    haha, they're just trolling the fanbase now

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Ad astra wrote:

"Certain ME3 fans are going to go mental over the shirtless Kaidan scenes. Him lying there... Just waiting for action... #ME3"

-Tal must have fainted by now.

• Options
    OH, OH I DO DECLARE <3

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:

I don't remember the saved file editor having any real support for setting ME1 plot decisions. On the other hand, it's amazing for giving yourself resources. No more planet scanning.

Tal should love the save editor. You can use it in the early game to load yourself up with money and minerals, and then pretend that Cerberus is a competent organization that fully funded and supplied Shepard, rather than forcing her to scrounge credits out of cash register drawers.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    this would be the organization that nearly bankrupted itself bringing you back to life, giving you a new ship, providing you with free guns straight out of R&D, and giving you tons of credits and minerals on imported saves

the Alliance but some robber quartermaster on your ship and made you buy the clothes on your back

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    See? Tal does love it!

Anyway, the save editor is one of the best perks of being part of the PC Master Race. Not having to scan for minerals makes repeated playthroughs so much better.

• Options
    the minerals you get from import really do cover the upgrades you'll need though, I haven't planet scanned since like 8 playthroughs ago

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    I'm...actually enjoying the mineral scanning. Is that weird?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    are you really choosy about upgrades?

I upgrade everything, every time

which ends up being 200k-ish per non-eezo material

an import is 60k

Elendil on
  • Options
    I'm...actually enjoying the mineral scanning. Is that weird?
    it's not bad since the patch

it was hell before that, but i typically end of mining far more than i need to now, since it's so much easier

• Options
    Elendil wrote:

an import is 60k

anything eezo is basically free

you usually only really use one, maybe two weapons, throw a couple health upgrades in there

and then ship upgrades

60k will cover that fine, along with any minerals you pick up during missions

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Well I'm on the Xbox, did I get this patch you speak of? Or am I enjoying the old, awful kind of scanning?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Well I'm on the Xbox, did I get this patch you speak of? Or am I enjoying the old, awful kind of scanning?
    if it's not worse than hitler, yes, you probably have it
    -Tal wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

an import is 60k

anything eezo is basically free

you usually only really use one, maybe two weapons, throw a couple health upgrades in there

and then ship upgrades

60k will cover that fine, along with any minerals you pick up during missions
    okay, yeah, i upgrade everything

like, increased shotgun ammo upgrade on shepards that don't use shotguns everything
    facial scar removal on paragon shepard everything

typically i just strip mine the first five or six systems' rich planets and i'm good to go

maybe
    i'll need more platinum since it's rarer and everything uses it

Elendil on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    And Miranda's upgrade is basically "increase mouse sensitivity", which if you have a decent mouse, you could do on the fly already.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    wow, it's hard to believe that mineral scanning could suck any more than it did in the xbox version

ed: I mean xbox scanning isn't really frustrating, it's just slow and eventually boring

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote:
    Dragkonias wrote:
    You can just download a save, but you're stuck with the name. Which you can edit via a save editor. If I knew that the comic thingy yielded results identical to important a save, I might be tempted to spring for it.

the thing is, do I really care that much that I get to laugh at Fist or Helen whatshername?

honestly, not really (at least, not having already seen all that stuff once.) The comic lets you resolve wrex, the rachnii and your previous romance, which was 95% of what I wanted to be able to choose anyway. Everything else just isn't that relevant to the story.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    mm yes but you see without those Matriarch Writings...

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Ad astra wrote:

That's awesome. I hope they go all in for the blue butt in ME3 ("blue butt" being a euphemism for rated M romance content).

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    htm wrote:
    I don't remember the saved file editor having any real support for setting ME1 plot decisions. On the other hand, it's amazing for giving yourself resources. No more planet scanning.

It's there, it's just behind a tab or two.
    CZJTX.jpg

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote:
    mm yes but you see without those Matriarch Writings...

what do these actually do in ME2? I saw the quest on a list of stuff that carried over, but I don't think any of the shepards I really used for the second game had all of them

NREqxl5.jpg