As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLP: FiM: For the New Lunar Old Republic

• Options
    thepizzaelementalthepizzaelemental Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote:
    I love how this guy draws expressions.
    Spoiler'd for looooong.
    squeezin___it_wrong_by_mickeymonster-d4oenmk.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty awesome. This is the same guy who did the comics of Discord using Fluttershy as a squeeky toy, right?

MH3: B77AE9 - Natou
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Yep.
    squeezin___it_or_not_to_squeezin___it_by_mickeymonster-d4nkcn3.png

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote:
    Joke or Hasbro censoring her? :p

Would Hasbro really have the authority to censor her personal blog? I reckon she's just messing with everybody.

I said it last thread, Rarity is best pony because Tabitha is best voice actor. Assuming it's a joke, of course.

• Options
    Blendtec wrote:
    Riokenn wrote:
    Joke or Hasbro censoring her? :p

Would Hasbro really have the authority to censor her personal blog? I reckon she's just messing with everybody.

I said it last thread, Rarity is best pony because Tabitha is best voice actor. Assuming it's a joke, of course.

I'm assuming likewise. Tabitha seems like a pretty cool guy. I doubt she'd go along with the anti-Derpy panic even if Hasbro wanted to ban the character. I sure hope the Last Roundup doesn't end up being this series' banned episode that nobody ever gets to see again.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    It's still on the DVD that's shipping out on the 28th. No cuts made to that.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    @EQD
    So... if you head over to We Love Fine, you'll notice Derpy shirts are back. All named in all of her Derpy glory.

I can't begin to speculate on what this means, I have less than no new information on the situation."Derpy" becomes a more apt name for everything the more time goes on, because... gah. More information as it develops, pony fans. Stay tuned.

vgQku.png

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Riokenn wrote:
    @EQD
    So... if you head over to We Love Fine, you'll notice Derpy shirts are back. All named in all of her Derpy glory.

I can't begin to speculate on what this means, I have less than no new information on the situation."Derpy" becomes a more apt name for everything the more time goes on, because... gah. More information as it develops, pony fans. Stay tuned.
    vgQku.png

Ayup. Guess it was just a panic.

In other news, I think I'm ready to start painting my own custom Derpy. I think I need more hair though.

thepizzaelemental on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I really cannot believe that became A Thing.

Can't really muster a fuck over what her name is.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote:
    @EQD

vgQku.png

This is all confusing, I just hope Derpy is here to stay.

Also, I love your sig.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    cue conspiracy theory that the whole thing was a ploy by EqD/WLF to drive sales

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Those shrugging ponies creep me out.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    To quote Dr. Spock, "History is replete with turning points, Lieutenant. You must have faith. That season 2 will unfold as it should."
    Arteen wrote:

t92fP.gif

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    To quote Dr. Spock, "History is replete with turning points, Lieutenant. You must have faith. That season 2 will unfold as it should."
    Arteen wrote:

t92fP.gif

My kindle fire has this strange thing with animated gifs. It loads the first frame, but doesn't start them until its fully visible. But it takes into account how many loops would have played by the time I get to it.

So your Trixie just had a really bad seizure on my tablet.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:

Whenever something like this happens, just remember:

bronies

broken image link
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:

bronies

Actually, the word I remember is Internet.

Because the Internet is why we can't have nice things.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    I just noticed that in the preview clip you can see
    Dash's bandaged-up wings. So I guess that's what gets hurt.

"That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:

bronies

Actually, the word I remember is Internet.

Because the Internet is why we can't have nice things.

This is true.

The Internet giveth, The Internet taketh away.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rpiRM.png

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Not bad, but a little obscure.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I don't really get how the diamond dog equates to totoro

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2012
    The choice was probably made on nothing but size.

Edit: Well, size and... contrast, for lack of a better term.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Not bad, but a little obscure.

Nah, Totoro is pretty mainstream.

broken image link
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    Hanging out on the Japanese side of the fence, I'm surprised how much in step the Japanese fandom is. What's cool is the English community lends a hand to help fix up translations and help out with some of the odder in-jokes.

It's adorable that Fluttershy has become an "honorary Japanese". Her nickname is "Fuwatan" and they write it as a Japanese name 「ふわたん」. She is also, by far, the most popular over there.
    Big Macintosh is now known almost exclusively as "Aniki" 「兄貴」 and Cheerlee is "Sensei" 「先生」. There are many looking forward to the new episode with those two.
    Rainbow gained the name "Rainbow Glass" after she started wearing the shades.

From looking at the comments, the fans are evenly split between boys and girls. (You can tell gender of the poster, women use a feminine dialect.) Speaking of dialects. AJ speaks with an Osaka accent.

I was going to translate some more 2ch comments... but the Vicadan kicked in (Whoo boy!).

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Azumanga Daioh taught me that the Osaka accent is the Japanese equivalent of a Southern Drawl.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    relaxation_by_soapie_solar.jpg

The much bigger original of this picture is here and should really be looked at full-size. I had to shrink/compress it a fair bit to post.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    2ch has an English community?

• Options
    SabreMau wrote:
    2ch has an English community?
    There is an English study forum here. The MLP thread is Japanese.

• Options
    Oh, I was hoping one of the threads in the English section would helpfully be labeled with ポニー.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    No, I meant to say the Japanese-speaking English community helps translate.

halkun on
  • Options
    Ah, ok. I just figured you had to have a Japanese IP address to post there or something, which would limit the English community. Or maybe I'm confusing 2ch with 2chan.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    No, anyone can post on 2ch. 2ch and 2chan and 2channel are all the same thing. I remember when I started posting that there was a some grief getting a post to appear, but it allows me to now.

halkun on
  • Options
    Maybe it was a years-ago thing. The last time I recall looking into it was sometime around 2004-'07.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    Azumanga Daioh taught me that the Osaka accent is the Japanese equivalent of a Southern Drawl.

It's interesting to know that it works both ways, apparently.

And it's not surprising at all that Fluttershy is the most popular.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    EmmyCic wrote:
    man, those My Little Pony parody videos (you know the ones) are SO well animated but SO painfully try-too-hard to be funny. Such a bummer

hurr durr hurr I'm taking a kids show and making it to violent/disturbing things!!! THIS IS AN EDGY CONCEPT!! O R I G I N A L I T Y

What if! And go with me on this... What if a cutesy cartoon character.. is now a MURDERER!!! OMG THE EDGIEST THING

What if Spongebob said a swear word!!!!

Haven't seen it but I guess we're taking a pass on it too. Let's not be linking such things in here (that includes hiding it behind spoiler or "NSFW" tags).

• Options
    custom___pinkamina___figure_by_stripeybelly-d48l7op.jpg

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    What could smooth over the Derpy situation is if they just do an episode about "special" ponies and explain that its not right to make fun of Derpy because she is clumsy because her eyes don't work so well. That and they can explain the bubbles cutie mark. Perhaps Derpy is a mother lovin magician when it comes to bubbles.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    That new hdd toon was pretty good
    It even had a song!

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    What could smooth over the Derpy situation is if they just do an episode about "special" ponies and explain that its not right to make fun of Derpy because she is clumsy because her eyes don't work so well. That and they can explain the bubbles cutie mark. Perhaps Derpy is a mother lovin magician when it comes to bubbles.

Which is what I've been expecting them to do all along, even through this confusing rumor-drama burst that has yet to confirm anything one way or another.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    EmmyCic wrote:
    man, those My Little Pony parody videos (you know the ones) are SO well animated but SO painfully try-too-hard to be funny. Such a bummer

hurr durr hurr I'm taking a kids show and making it to violent/disturbing things!!! THIS IS AN EDGY CONCEPT!! O R I G I N A L I T Y

What if! And go with me on this... What if a cutesy cartoon character.. is now a MURDERER!!! OMG THE EDGIEST THING

What if Spongebob said a swear word!!!!

Haven't seen it but I guess we're taking a pass on it too. Let's not be linking such things in here (that includes hiding it behind spoiler or "NSFW" tags).

I can't seem to find the post you're quoting. Or the user for that matter.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I think it's from another site/YouTube

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
This discussion has been closed.