As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] Carrion Crown OOC thread ("They're coming to get you, Cranea.")

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    So what's errybody up to?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MMAgChMMAgCh remember tomorrow. Registered User regular
    Wondering if some sort of DM-banishing curse was laid on one of my distant forebears. :Þ

• Options
    BearrorristBearrorrist Registered User regular
    Went to LA for a couple days to go to six flags.

• Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Family's going through some medical stuff, but nothing too serious. I'm also in an IRL Dark Heresy game that meets every Thursday, every battle our psyker "pushes" his psychic talents, either ripping a whole in the fabric of reality or causing a mass summoning. We all facepalm and he tries to play it off as "according to plan", it's been pretty fun to say the least.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Six Flags only makes sense if it's in Texas, because Texas has flown six different flags! I've never played a 40k game, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TiamatZ you still around? Hows work?

• Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    *Wipes off the dust*

Sorry for my late absence, but long story short, don't rely on the Local Providers here where I'm staying. Especially when they tell you they would install a dedicated line to your PC within the week (said exactly 3 weeks ago).

And if things weren't bad enough, most of the Internet's blocked here at work, and with the tight budget i had last month, affording some quality Internet time has been a no-go.

On the positive side, I've picked up a stable (if somewhat limited in therms of bandwidth) Wireless connection for my PC. That at least means I can continue on with our story. So, before we continue on with the story, any of you guys still here?

Edit: Missed Penny Arcade (and Critical Failures) a lot, truth be told.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Yay! Was sad when I thought this had died.

• Options
    I'm still here, though come May 16th I won't be anywhere near as much for...some time. :P

• Options
    Horay! As an aside, any of you going to PAX?

• Options
    I'm still here too. Nah, I'm saving my vacation time for a family reunion in July.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Good to see most of the old crew back.

I'll write up an IC post up within the hour or so, while we wait for Witch Hunter and Smoove Operator to return.

Edit: As for PAX, I'll sadly won't be able to attend. Though I am looking forward to another Acquisitions Incorporated schtick from the talented Gabe/Tycho/Will/Scott.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    Post is up; feels good to be back 8-)

• Options
    Maybe it's just me, but light blue text on a light grey background is kind of hard on the eyes. (Then again, my eyesight is bad at the best of times and it's in a particularly sorry shape right now, so... :oops: )

• Options
    edited May 2012
    MMAgCh wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but light blue text on a light grey background is kind of hard on the eyes. (Then again, my eyesight is bad at the best of times and it's in a particularly sorry shape right now, so... :oops: )

I'll have that fixed soon. I used the Stylish Add-on to revert the new forums to the old Pre-Vanilla look, but since I updated Firefox, it has since switched back to the new look. I'll recolour the Sheriffs text to a more darker blue later today.

Edit: Fixed. Hopefully it's easier to read now.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Good news everyone: One of the IT folks here at work is an avid fan of Penny Arcade, and (through some slick persuasion checks) managed to unblock Penny Arcade and the forums for me here at work.

Now I have no excuse not to view the threads more often :D

Edit: Also posted a PM to both Witch and Smoove. Hopefully we can get the whole gang back.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    Edit: Fixed. Hopefully it's easier to read now.
    Yes, that's much better! :)

• Options
    Yeah, pretty easy for me to read too

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Yessssss! I was hoping this thing would survive. Lets get a harrowing!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Post is up. Had a busy weekend, so sorry if it got delayed.

If you got any remaining questions left to ask Vashian or the Sheriff, now's the time (for OOC questions, post here).

Otherwise, your free to do as you guys will (Go visit Harrowstone, go visit the town, do more research etc.)

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    In other news, pretty much everyone has posted up, with the exception of Smoove. I've sent him a PM a while back, but no response yet. Hopefully he's still interested.

• Options
    He dropped out of another pbp a while back, but said he was going to try to stay in others. He's busy, basically.

• Options
    Tiamat, roll to see how uncomfortable Cranea has made the Sheriff with her lack of understanding toward "personal space". Also, passive perception to check if there's a ring on dat finga! (Cranea may be a saucy tart, but she's no home wrecker)

• Options
    Tiamat, roll to see how uncomfortable Cranea has made the Sheriff with her lack of understanding toward "personal space". Also, passive perception to check if there's a ring on dat finga! (Cranea may be a saucy tart, but she's no home wrecker)

Will do. Would that be a Bluff vs. the Sheriff's Passive Insight check there?

Also received word on Smoove, seems he has his plate full with RL issues, so he's bowed out of the game. But that's ok, as we still have a player for each Role (as well as 2 leaders, so healing shouldn't be much of an issue).

Post incoming soon.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Post is up.

So, what does the party want to do? Head up to Harrowstone? Check up on the town (if so, you might want to ask Kendra for a map or directions)? Research more about Harrowstone or this mystery?

Your call guys. Just remember to have your !Readies on once you guys have settled on a course of action.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    'Lady and gentlemen'? Was that a zing against Cranea or Valagard?

I say we head for Harrowstone and if we find anything mysterious we'll be able to research it afterwards. I think town's a bad idea, we don't want to have to beat up any villagers.

• Options
    Grog wrote: »

Take your pick :P Its pretty much a given that Vashian's not that fond of strangers meddling in HIS town or their affairs. Still, long as you don't cause too much trouble, you can gain Trust Points with the people of Ravengro (Your current Trust points should be 24 by now: Neutral).

• Options
    Same, to Harrowstone!

• Options
    Who knew that blatantly trying to manipulate the town sheriff would backfire on me? What a prude!

• Options
    Grog wrote: »

I say we head for Harrowstone and if we find anything mysterious we'll be able to research it afterwards. I think town's a bad idea, we don't want to have to beat up any villagers.

Right....of course not....*looks innocent*

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Finally, after nearly 3 months, we get some good old combat (sorry for that delay, but The 1st part of that adventure path is kind of wordy before it gets going).

Remember to post your initiatives and Position on the map. After that, I'll prepare the map for your surprise round (stuff like monster details, Environment hazards etc.)

Edit: Cause I'm that nice a GM (for now though :P hehehe) I'll assume you guys are already brandishing your weapons at least (and yes, this counts Implements as well, only if its your main mode of dealing damage).

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    Are the guys with green borders also enemies?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    From the OP of the IC thread:
    TiamatZ wrote:
    For combat, I will provide the HP, AC and other defenses (as well as any special bonuses monsters receive e.g. +2 AC when standing next to each other) of the enemies present and you shall roll attack rolls. If you hit, roll damage and work that into your post. Also I colour coded the monsters (makes it easier to work with, since most of you are newbies to the PbP format) by their border; red are minions, green are normal monsters, yellow are elites and purple are solos. So if you pop a daily on a red bordered monster you are going to feel really silly because it shouldn't last more than a single hit. Everyone will post their IC actions, with the rolls and results in SPOILER tags.

• Options
    I thought you wrote that out somewhere. I feel shame as a minor action.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I thought you wrote that out somewhere. I feel shame as a minor action.

You fool, don't use it now! That's what he wants you to do.

• Options
    Following the Professor around all these years, is seeing the undead something new to Airyc, or did this happen from time to time?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    It's probably one of the more common encounters being in Ustalav. We just waiting for Bearrorist?

• Options
    I'm coming!

• Options
    Lower initiative checks than zombies. Embarrassing.

• Options
    So.... the mighty heroes can't even outpace against slow and dull witted zombies...

I see no problem there.

P.S. Thank Avandra for Surprise rounds then.