As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HAWKEN Weekend Beta Coming This Weekend!

1234568»

• Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Welp. That was fun while it lasted. I hope a closed beta starts soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrUNNBlCXkQ

ThreadbareSock on
  • Options
    We're very excited to announce the first details on Closed Beta! The initial HAWKEN Closed Beta test will be held in two weeks on the weekend of October 26.

This test will have a much larger tester pool than Alpha 2 and will include participants of our previous tests. Invitations will start to appear as early as this week and can be applied to your account by logging in to PlayHawken.com and clicking "Redeem Code". This will be the first of a series of Closed Beta tests, all of which will allow you to capture footage and screenshots and share them publicly. These Closed Beta tests will lead up to Open Beta on December 12, 2012.

Got questions about HAWKEN's next test phase? We've anticipated the most common ones and answered them below!

When is Closed Beta?
    Our initial Closed Beta test will take place Friday October 26 to Sunday October 28. Servers will close at 11:59 PM on Sunday.

I was in Alpha 2, do I automatically get Closed Beta access?
    Yes! If you were one of our lucky Alpha 2 participants, you WILL are automatically included in our Closed Beta.

How do I get into Closed Beta?
    Didn't make it into Alpha 2? Never fear, we'll be releasing codes for Closed Beta. Keep your eyes peeled on here on the forums, on Twitter, and Facebook for where to find these codes when they're released.

Where can I get a code?
    We've given codes to a few select partners, and when we hear they're handing out codes, we'll be sure to announce it on Twitter and Facebook, as well as here on the forums.

How do I redeem my code?
    Got your hands on a Closed Beta code? Congrats! Log into your account (or create one!) on the PlayHawken.com website. See on the upper right side of the navigation bar there? That little section that says "Redeem Code"? Click that and put your code in!

How do I download the Closed Beta client?
    Once we're ready to release the Closed Beta client, you'll receive an email from us with a download link.

How will I know when Closed Beta is happening?
    You can either watch for announcements on the forums and social channels OR check your email. We'll be sending an email to everyone who's redeemed a Closed Beta code or who was part of a previous Alpha test an email when Closed Beta is ready to go that will include a download link.

Will Closed Beta have a non-disclosure agreement?
    No, you will be free to capture footage and screenshots from Closed Beta and share them publicly.

Does this mean the non-disclosure agreement on Alpha 2 is lifted?
    No, the Alpha 2 non-disclosure agreement has NOT been lifted.

We look forward to seeing the HAWKEN community climbing into their mechs for Closed Beta on October 26!

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    I thought this game was a pipe dream, nice to see it is still going on

me wanty

• Options
    edited October 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHm-z1mPsqU#!

The first closed beta will be four days, over a weekend.

I really hope they take a TF2 free to play model with their mech aesthetic mods.

ThreadbareSock on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHm-z1mPsqU#!

The first closed beta will be four days, over a weekend.

I really hope they take a TF2 free to play model with their mech aesthetic mods.
    everything I've heard and seen in-game points to gameplay-affecting items being puchased with either credits won in-game or real money, and cosmetic items being real money only.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    ladies and germs the closed beta is this weekend! if you were in the alpha you can pre-load it here! UNINSTALL THE ALPHA FIRST, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

the beta goes live on the 26th and runs clear through monday! there is no NDA so feel free to talk about it and post screenshots and such.

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    But weirdly the NDA from Alpha 2 still applies! :P

I can't get the game to go fullscreen / proper resolution. There's no "confirm" button in the options as far as I can see.

Oh brilliant