As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Name that 80s Cartoon/Anime

PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
edited February 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm trying to find the name of a cartoon/anime I remember watching on VHS, I'm assuming it was released in the 80s as I watched it early 90s.

From rusty memory:

Set in space, not sure if a series or just a single shot as I only had the one VHS, there are 3 men and a woman, they are on a larger space ship and each have their own smaller ships (maybe not the woman), I remember two of the men quite well, ones main colour was blue and he was the leader type. The other was a fat man pretty sure his main colour was yellow and was the slapstick dumb character who liked to eat. I'm pretty sure the third was the young hot headed one who constantly made fun of the fat one.

One plot I remember was there was this huge space monster who had frozen an entire planet/large part of it. The leader had some kind of running guilt he had to get over, he froze in combat when fighting it in the past or something, and this was his chance to over come it. I remember when they hurt it an aura is released from it and it unfreezes the planet. Not sure if same plot but also one time the fat one gets stuck/jammed in briefly trying to get into his fighter. Oh yeah! He also gets excited about making popcicles of different flavours when they found the iced over planet.

One of the characters ships weapon was some kind of energy fork/trident blast....I think.

Please help me this is driving me mad!

Prime on

• Options
    DrAlleconDrAllecon Registered User regular
    Although it could be a lot of different shows, the description sounds a little like G-force. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-Force:_Guardians_of_Space

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Nope not that one, from what I can remember it took itself pretty seriously for the most part. For example the whole over coming his fear and guilt at hiding letting his fellow soldier freeze from the ice beast was quite heavily done. Just jogged my memory more though, the fat guy running away and is dodging ice blasts and hides behind the ice form of someone already frozen in an odd pose.

Oh and the ships were just ships, not robots or anything.

Prime on
  • Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • Options
    Thats the one! Dont even remember the name now I know it...the version I had was dubbed too. But thats definatly it.

• Options
    KneonKneon Registered User regular
    I don't even remember Starzinger... Starblazers, yes.

steampunk 'n fantasy webcomic at http://www.shadowbinders.com
    Shadowbinders_Rhen_468.jpg
  • Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    Ooh I remember that show. The leading lady was a princess who was afraid and cried a lot and the leading man a hooligan who would flip out and smash things. He had to wear a headband with which the princess could give him a headache by crossing her wrists if he didn't behave. AWESOME!