Options

Crusader Kings 2 Multiplayer Extravaganza! (Tues/Thurs 10 PM; Save in OP)

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Haha so I just played a game of Brandenburg... it's suprisingly hard. Saxony seems to want to always attack and I can't expand into Mecklenburg as easily as I though. The de facto setup for Germany is very, very different than the de jure setup

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Mecklenberg is pretty powerful because of the Pagan building that gives them like 600 extra dudes in their castles and the large number of provinces they own. Eventually the HRE comes and pounds them into the ground though.

The idea that your vote is a moral statement about you or who you vote for is some backwards ass libertarian nonsense. Your vote is about society. Vote to protect the vulnerable.
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    While I cannot throw my hat in to the ring for multiplayer fun time, I will add my voice to those who would love to see you guys LP this. Something like an AAR from your perspectives after the night's festivities.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    I was planning on taking screens.

The idea that your vote is a moral statement about you or who you vote for is some backwards ass libertarian nonsense. Your vote is about society. Vote to protect the vulnerable.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    So Flanders has a very weird setup. Two sons, each a count in the HRE... I was hoping to see what happened when they took over. Would I become a duke of the empire? I had a pretty awesome setup in one test game; second wife was a childless duchess with 3 titles in south france (including Aquitaine). Gave me a son (and I was in my 70s) and a daughter, both of which had better claims. I just needed to merge the branches later on to become duke of half of france

Phyphor on
  • Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Comradebot wrote:
    Well... my crappy little island holding game lasted for 19 years and two months. First ruler... well, I got busted trying to kill a guy I didn't like. Dunno why my heir only lasted two months before BOOM, game over, but whatever.

The annoying thing? I spent the entire game trying to fabricate a claim, nearly two decades of work, and when I finally get it my jackass leader gets himself killed. Bleh.

EDIT: Right, 20 year time limit on the demo, durrrr. Oh well, my brief run as Chief Olaf of the Aland Islands was pretty freakin' fun. I'll most certainly take control of Olaf again come release, and see if I can't turn the lowly House Gren into something half awesome. And maybe see if I can't find a way to stop those stupid Catholics from being all... Catholic.

Did you want to play? Generalized CK2 discussion should go over in the Paradox thread.

My bad, didn't know there was another thread. I just see CKII and assume it's an overarching thread.

But that aside... playing a massive multiplayer game might be fun. Lemme think it over a wee bit.

• Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    10-12 is fine with me. For days I think I'd prefer Monday and Thursday but I could swing any days. Maybe a special day for release.

I'd say the PA vent is fine, and at least to start one channel should be ok.

• Options
    So how's this for a plan: use Launch Day as a test so Phyphor can figure out if he needs to do anything special to make it run well and what not, just him and any volunteers and then start for real Wednesday night? I figure we want to give people a buffer to download, install, patch, get a small feel for what's changed from the demo like the merc costs. A buffer of one day. Obviously.

• Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    No, i'd rather wait and aquaint myself with how the hell this game works to be honest. I would get rolled, without a doubt...

• Options
    Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    So this is something similar to Rome: Total War? I used to love building empire's in R:TW.

i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Did you guys still need volunteers? I see the OP listing has one or two spots unclaimed.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    You're in if you want.
    Euphoriac wrote:
    No, i'd rather wait and aquaint myself with how the hell this game works to be honest. I would get rolled, without a doubt...

Alright, I'd like to get started by next week or so though.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Well I mean, if i'm the only one who's holding back due to how hard it all seems to pick up, then carry on. It'll be amusing to hear/watch me screw myself oveR :D

• Options
    My questions probably would never end. But ok; it's your ear-drums your risking!

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    You're in if you want.

Sweet. I was looking at grabbing the Duchess of Toscana. Liked her from CK (well, aside from when I was trying to conquer her) and it seems we'll have good neighbours in the pair that claimed Lombardia and Apulia.

Characters
  • Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    There goes my son's inheritance.

• Options
    There goes my son's inheritance.

We can still have them get married!

Matrilineally.

Characters
  • Options
    I like our setup, bunch of people fighting for the HRE, some crusaders, people in the British isles, a couple Italians.

• Options
    MindLibMindLib Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'm into this. I'm thinking Duchy of Connacht or Deheubarth, so I can give those guys who already chose Gaelic a chore. I'm available evenings and late EST. What will our platform be, steam? Or do we do Hamachi and join via TCP/IP?

EDIT: I changed my mind. Duchy of Mecklenberg. British Isles will end up too crowded otherwise if the game lasts awhile.
    EDIT2: Changed my mind again, Kingdom of Georgia? Only 4 demesnes, just south of Alania. Oh man I'm excited.

MindLib on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Doesn't Mecklenberg get an immediate war dec from the HRE to start the game?

At, the last few times through in this demo Germany's been really keen on annexing that area before Swabia starts revolting.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    OK, that's going to close it.

• Options
    Aegis wrote:
    Doesn't Mecklenberg get an immediate war dec from the HRE to start the game?

At, the last few times through in this demo Germany's been really keen on annexing that area before Swabia starts revolting.

Yes, about a month in. They're pagans so everyone attack them

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I'd be a lot happier if this game were $20 instead of $40. Also, I should load up the demo and see how Aragon starts out.

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Ugh, I ran into some unexpected expenses this weekend and my gaming budget is screwed for the next few weeks. You should probably take me off the list. D:

• Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    I'd be a lot happier if this game were $20 instead of $40. Also, I should load up the demo and see how Aragon starts out.

I don't mind it so much. At least it's already a little cheaper than normal. Although I would like to see a discount for people that bought Sengoku. I do feel like that was mostly a test for CK2, especially after seeing all the extra stuff in CK2.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I can be around for a test run on Tuesday night. And yeah, things are going to get interesting in a hurry if we've got Lombardia, Toscana and Apulia all spoken for. Dogpile on the Pope!

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    shalmelo wrote:
    I can be around for a test run on Tuesday night. And yeah, things are going to get interesting in a hurry if we've got Lombardia, Toscana and Apulia all spoken for. Dogpile on the Pope!

I figure I might be the only one who would be in a position to do anything with the Pope, at least to start. You'd have to go through me to even reach his lands, though I guess that wouldn't be a problem. I also figure Apulia's going to busy himself with forming the Kingdom of Sicily to start.

Meanwhile, I get the lovely pleasure of having the Pope claim a title on my southern most province of Spoletto because the Pope's a giant dick. On the other hand, keeping him around is nice for those lovely occasions when he excommunicates places like Genoa. Why yes, I'll take a free 2 provinces, thank you.

Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote:
    shalmelo wrote:

I figure I might be the only one who would be in a position to do anything with the Pope, at least to start. You'd have to go through me to even reach his lands, though I guess that wouldn't be a problem. I also figure Apulia's going to busy himself with forming the Kingdom of Sicily to start.

Meanwhile, I get the lovely pleasure of having the Pope claim a title on my southern most province of Spoletto because the Pope's a giant dick. On the other hand, keeping him around is nice for those lovely occasions when he excommunicates places like Genoa. Why yes, I'll take a free 2 provinces, thank you.

Yeah, that's where we might run into problems. Because if I'm Lombardia and I can't expand into Tuscany to start the game, you'd better believe that I'll be looking to move on Genoa myself. Guess we'll see who can manage to make a claim stick first... :ar!

• Options
    shalmelo wrote:
    Aegis wrote:
    shalmelo wrote:

Yeah, that's where we might run into problems. Because if I'm Lombardia and I can't expand into Tuscany to start the game, you'd better believe that I'll be looking to move on Genoa myself. Guess we'll see who can manage to make a claim stick first... :ar!

I imagine we'll all talk more on Skype/Vent/whatever we're doing, but I wasn't against having a friendly Lombardia next door even if you'd normally (namely, what I've being doing in my demo tests) be my prime expansion target. We could either engage in a nice competition for Genoa or I could try expanding east into that place whose name I forget, though they usually start somewhat stronger than Lombardia.

Or if you were feeling adventurous, you could always expand north! :D

Characters
  • Options
    Ugh, I ran into some unexpected expenses this weekend and my gaming budget is screwed for the next few weeks. You should probably take me off the list. D:

This makes my life easier. Wales is mine!

I just played another Irish test game, this time not using mercs just in case the cost increase makes it prohibitively expensive for me. Took 25 years to crown myself King, another 5 to be King of Wales, and if the Scottish inheritance laws weren't sexist or if my last King had managed to have a son, I would have grabbed that throne whenever the current King died. Good times.

Though it might be kind of required for England to be in permanent civil war for this to work, in which case I might be in trouble if our English Duke succeeds.

• Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    Hm after a few test games as Alania I'm going to have to insist on marrying the Byzantine Emperor's daugther or there's no chance of survival :D

In fact, are we going to institute some basic rules on pausing, base speed and behaviour or will it be an all out?

DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    I think we'll play it by ear? I'm not really sure how this is going to work multiplayer at ALL.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Yea I was a bit confused about how the game is run with multiple human players. If it's just like singleplayer, then I personally don't mind a 3 tick speed setting. Isn't overly slow but isn't too fast that you miss stuff.

Also, goddamnit Area-East-of-Toscana. I managed to snag ONE province from you before you went crying to Baden to get them to gobble the ENTIRE REGION up, again.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    I tend to run at 5 in the early game at least. But yeah, let's experiment and see how things work.

• Options
    Aegis wrote:

I imagine we'll all talk more on Skype/Vent/whatever we're doing, but I wasn't against having a friendly Lombardia next door even if you'd normally (namely, what I've being doing in my demo tests) be my prime expansion target. We could either engage in a nice competition for Genoa or I could try expanding east into that place whose name I forget, though they usually start somewhat stronger than Lombardia.

Or if you were feeling adventurous, you could always expand north! :D

Since expanding north is terrifying for either of us (at least until the HRE collapses), I think it makes the most sense if I move west into Genoa/Savoy and you move east into Carinthia (I'd happily help you with that, since in my trial games with Lombardia the Duke of Carinthia almost always attacks me to try and take Padua. He's a douche.

But yeah, we can hash this all out in vent when the time comes.

• Options
    I tend to run at 5 in the early game at least. But yeah, let's experiment and see how things work.

I was sort of expecting to have a default speed of 3 for everyone with no pausing, but we can always slow things down for a bit if anybody gets into a particularly tricky war. Can't imagine that we'd often want to go faster than 3, though. Gotta figure somebody or other's going to be at war pretty much constantly...

• Options
    shalmelo wrote:

I was sort of expecting to have a default speed of 3 for everyone with no pausing, but we can always slow things down for a bit if anybody gets into a particularly tricky war. Can't imagine that we'd often want to go faster than 3, though. Gotta figure somebody or other's going to be at war pretty much constantly...

I'm going to be watching a bunch of wars from afar. There isn't a TON to do in Ireland at the start of the game.

Which is fine!

• Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote:

I'm going to be watching a bunch of wars from afar. There isn't a TON to do in Ireland at the start of the game.

Which is fine!

Get your goddamn spy outta my provinces!

DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    shalmelo wrote:

Which is fine!

Yeah, I have a feeling that many of us are going to spend the first 10 years or so of gametime just watching how the Reconquista unfolds and waiting for some of the big boys to implode.

• Options
    Also building economic buildings.