As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Windows Install Problems

wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, I bought a new SSD and wanted to install windows on it. I wanted to use my old drive as mainly storage.

After reinstalling windows, I have can't access this drive at all. I checked my partitions and it is now set as system (500gigs, 200 free). I now have 3 partitions. The 80 gig SSD is primary, a 100mb partition is primary (which use to be the system partition) and now I have a 500 gig system drive that has all my shit I can't get to.

How do I access my old 500gig drive. I have some recent files on there that I haven't gotten to back up yet and I really really realllllllyyyyyy need them.

I haven't tried to problem solve it myself quite yet. Stuck at work for awhile but was hoping anyone knows what to do.

Thanks!

wakkawa on

• FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    control panel -> admin tools -> computer management -> disk management
    check that the drive has a drive letter assigned and if not give it one.

or do you mean that the drive shows up under computer with a drive letter but when you try and open it you can't or get some error message?

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    I will try that when I get home, thanks.