As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] PA Deathwatch detachment collaboration project

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    How's this look?
    downsize16.jpg
    downsize15.jpg
    downsize14.jpg

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Looks like you need to learn how to focus, son.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It's being taken on an old cell phone, there is no focus. And when I took pics from further out, it was just a tiny gray blob.

But, I figured it would be better to just post something now that I have most of the parts in.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    Only question is whether you could tilt the packs forward, they look kinda awkward sticking straight up with him leaning forward like that.

Looks pretty boss otherwise!

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    Alright ladies got the last package in the mail. I'm in the process of moving this weekend, next week I finish in-processing, then I'm on 2 weeks of leave. I will start posting pics in a week or two when I finally get everything settled, you can expect me to start mailing models around the second week of May.

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Do you still need to get peoples addresses?

• Options
    I'll be messaging you guys when I start building models for mailing addresses.

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Cool.

• Options
    well we're mostly moved in now. I should be getting started shortly getting everyone's mans going. Having to move the week I got back was an unexpected delay but we should be back to previously scheduled programming.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    well we're mostly moved in now. I should be getting started shortly getting everyone's mans going. Having to move the week I got back was an unexpected delay but we should be back to previously scheduled programming.

*cue Cosby Show theme*

Trace do you have any white primer? If you do, can I ask a special request to prime the right pad/'Nid carapace on my guy and send it loose?
    If you don't already have white primer, don't worry about it. I'll just do it all black when I get it.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    I should have some. Any reason why you want me to prime it?

Looking at my pile of sprues... let the clipping begin.

• Options
    The Paradox PopeThe Paradox Pope You're All Adonises! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Waiting on the deathwatch shoulder pad from ya Tom and it needs some details addressed, but it's about 90% done. So weird to leave so much of the model black, was grasping at things to add some contrast to it. I think it came out ok; those scorpions are a bitch and a half to get painted and I'm still not quite happy with how those are as of yet. But anywho, that's my contribution. Guess that means I'm first to post a painted a marine. Woot.

Veteran Brother Kamir, VI Company Red Scorpions

scaled.php?server=152&filename=20120503183928.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=9&filename=20120503183939.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=535&filename=20120503183956.jpg&res=landing

The Paradox Pope on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I should have some. Any reason why you want me to prime it?

Looking at my pile of sprues... let the clipping begin.

I'm just feeling like white prime (which I don't normally keep on hand) would be better for painting the carapace and Ultras pad. If you think black would work better, then I'm perfectly fine doing it black with the rest. Don't know why, I just had white in my head for that shoulder. Could be I'm just crazy, though.

• Options
    That's no problem bud. I was just curious.

So, I sat down with my box of bitz and started on the first model I found a specific bit for (J's Terminator) and realized... I can't find my exacto knife. I've got like 12 fucking blades, but no thingy for them. This angers me greatly. Like, excessively... more than it probably should. I suppose I could just clip out the bitz for everyones models and start putting them together so I can just put them all under the knife at the same time. Bleh. I was really looking forward to working on them tonight too.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Are you assembling or are we?

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    I'm gonna trim mold lines and test fit but I'm sending them unassembled so people can paint them built or unbuilt as they prefer.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Cool, because I prefer unbuilt.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    scaled.php?server=526&filename=20120507131403.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

@j finished your marine. Would you like him aszsembled or left in bitz?

Who wants to be next?

• Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    Looking good! I'll go for unassembled please! Looking forward to getting my brush on this one. I've only ever painted a terminator once before and it was a chaos lord. :D

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I'll also go for unassembled. I'd like to pose him awesomely in my own special way.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I'll go with unassembled but feel free to show me your test build.

So that I may judge you.

• Options
    Finally got my Raven Guard shoulder pad in the mail from Germany.

After the US Postal Service opened it.

• Options
    Doing @chrysis right now. Gonna knock out the termies first so I can get rid of those sprues.

• Options
    Finally got my Raven Guard shoulder pad in the mail from Germany.

After the US Postal Service opened it.

They probably wanted to make sure the package didn't contain genocide, it's Germany's main export.

• Options
    I kind of want to write them and thank them for keeping my nation's security in mind because, yes, I am constructing an army.

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Doing @chrysis right now. Gonna knock out the termies first so I can get rid of those sprues.

Looking forward to this. I have painting ideas. Really need to test them on something though.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Waiting on the GS to cure for your dude Chrysis. I'm gonna get some blue tack or maybe just use GS to do some mockups for you gents.

I had to completely GS the right shoulder on your guy Chrysis to get the arm at the angle we discussed and fit the CHS pad on there. I also spent like 45 minutes GSing out all the words on the GK term armor. Fucking huge PITA. I plan on using as few GK body pieces as possible for everyone else's models. At least BA shit I can just trim off, GK shit has to be filled in then smoothed out.

The other 4 terms I'm building are all standard terminator bitz, since exorcists are an offshoot of GK I used all GK bitz for your guy.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Waiting on the GS to cure for your dude Chrysis. I'm gonna get some blue tack or maybe just use GS to do some mockups for you gents.

I had to completely GS the right shoulder on your guy Chrysis to get the arm at the angle we discussed and fit the CHS pad on there. I also spent like 45 minutes GSing out all the words on the GK term armor. Fucking huge PITA. I plan on using as few GK body pieces as possible for everyone else's models. At least BA shit I can just trim off, GK shit has to be filled in then smoothed out.

The other 4 terms I'm building are all standard terminator bitz, since exorcists are an offshoot of GK I used all GK bitz for your guy.

I've not used it, but wouldn't Liquid Green Stuff be pretty good for smoothing over areas? Although I guess then it'll be built out. Grey Knight bits would be a good fit for an Exorcist, what with them being in the same line of work.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    I used liquid GS on the chest, it took a LOT of layers to fill it in. If I didn't water it down it was like working with standard GS so that defeated the point. I found just filling it with GS then smoothing it out to be fastest/easiest. The new liquid GS is more for like... filling very thin depressions. Not filling in things like that which are pretty significant. Also, took two very shitty pics of @Chrysis and @J's terminators rough-posed. Will be posting them in a bit. Ken O, Frothulhu and Custom Special are up next. Looking forward to doing the Tyranid bitz for CS.

I'll be able to build faster when I actually really sit down and work on stuff. I've been doing it bit by bit here and there throughout the day.

• Options
    Hmmm, then maybe it's no good for what I was planning to use it for. Although I had already suspected it.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    You can assemble mine the way you want. And I know you're totally removing mold lines before sending these out because of me. :P

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Quick dirty pics. Used some gs to get rough pose pics.

@j scaled.php?server=214&filename=20120507232428.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

@chrysis scaled.php?server=213&filename=20120507231617.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

@ken o is pretty much done waiting on a standard term strm bolter arm.

@frothulhu is in the works now.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Might wanna drill them barrels.

• Options
    I don't care about drilled barrels. If people want to drill their barrels, they're welcome to.

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Fucking heathen.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    Termie's all 'come at me bro!'

• Options
    @altmann I don't deny that.

@dr_keenbean He needs to be rotated a bit more to achieve the swinging hammer pose but gs wasn't supporting the weight and I was too lazy to do more with it.

Ken o is done minus the storm bolter arm, as is frothulhu. Both were very simple. Custom special is up next. That'll be a good bit of work for the pose and pad.

• Options
    8-)

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Move me to the back of the queue please.
    I'm moving in about 2 weeks so it would probably be best to post my shit later rather than sooner.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Np brosef. I ordered a bunch of 4" cardboard boxes to mail these out with. You guys can jut reuse the boxes forthe return.