As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass E[PHALLA] - Day 6: Ante Up

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Sal wrote:
    Interesting that there doesn't seem to have been a conversion last night

Casual: Were I a converter, most of the dead would have made excellent conversion targets.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Jerkbot had way more than 1 vote.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    MrTLicious wrote:
    OK, so let's figure out who was in 2nd. If they aren't mafia, the mafia wouldn't have roleblocked him, unless the whole Speed thing is a mafia ploy.

So either: Speed is mafia, or, whoever was in 2nd place is mafia.

T4CT: 19 (That Dave Fella, thorgot, BugBoy, Seriously, SCREECH OF THE FARG, FecklessRogue, Mizuumi, Theidar, ASimPerson, miscellaneousinsanity, Bedlam, Langly, Cythraul, Retaba, KetBra, Taya, VoproSTEIN, jdarksun, Assuran)
    Taya: 16 (Dys, tayvaan, SwissLion, jackisreal, Hullis, NinjaSquirrel, Jerkbot, warban, Shabooty, Speed Racer, Spoit, Goose!, TheLawinator, Zay, Virgil_Leads_You, AkimboLegs)
    Speed Racer: 11 (Munkus Beaver, Gumpy, Infidel, neville, sportzboytjw, pablo_price, Blankzilla, Phyphor, Butler For Life #1, Huntera, I needed a name to post.)
    Munkus Beaver: 8 (T4CT, Sal, The Otaku Suppository, CrackedLens, Skull Man, Cayrus, Gandalf_the_Crazed, Veretas)
    Hullis: 2 (romanqwerty, Pharezon)
    Huntera: 1 (Egos)
    BugBoy: 1 (Melding)
    Seriously: 1 (MrTLicious)
    Jerkbot: 1 (Atari Soul)
    jackisreal: 1 (Thetheroo)
    Zay: 1 (Caulk Bite 6)
    warban: 1 (Antithesis)

Or the Magic Box is lying.

Definitive: The magic box is lying.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote:
    OK, so let's figure out who was in 2nd. If they aren't mafia, the mafia wouldn't have roleblocked him, unless the whole Speed thing is a mafia ploy.

Or they thought it would cause us to vote out Speed today anyway. I'd be almost certain Speed is Joker now, I certainly can't think of many characters that limp in ME.

And again, second doesn't have to be mafia. If all they were hoping was that we would immediately bandwagon Speed when his ability failed to produce, then their plan has backfired.

I also think you are aware of that, and you are attempting to start a village bandwagon onto an easy target.

MrTLicious

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    MrTLicious wrote:

T4CT: 19 (That Dave Fella, thorgot, BugBoy, Seriously, SCREECH OF THE FARG, FecklessRogue, Mizuumi, Theidar, ASimPerson, miscellaneousinsanity, Bedlam, Langly, Cythraul, Retaba, KetBra, Taya, VoproSTEIN, jdarksun, Assuran)
    Taya: 16 (Dys, tayvaan, SwissLion, jackisreal, Hullis, NinjaSquirrel, Jerkbot, warban, Shabooty, Speed Racer, Spoit, Goose!, TheLawinator, Zay, Virgil_Leads_You, AkimboLegs)
    Speed Racer: 11 (Munkus Beaver, Gumpy, Infidel, neville, sportzboytjw, pablo_price, Blankzilla, Phyphor, Butler For Life #1, Huntera, I needed a name to post.)
    Munkus Beaver: 8 (T4CT, Sal, The Otaku Suppository, CrackedLens, Skull Man, Cayrus, Gandalf_the_Crazed, Veretas)

It's not lying so much as it is really out-of-date.

It did this last night too, so I'm guessing it's written to stop updating around the time the vote occurs. @Phyphor?

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Jerkbot certainly had more than 1 vote.

Anyway, the mafia probably didn't have a completely accurate count given the speed with which the jerkbot rampage happened, so I think it's safe to assume that if either Taya or Jerkbot were mafia then they would have roleblocked. That puts us to 1 in 3, which is still better than nothing at this point.

On the bright side, at least the cultists won't have anyone left to convert soon...

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    It would be useful if someone with more Mass Effect knowledge than me could determine who killed whom.

For example Skull Man, was killed by a blow to the head? That doesn't do much to confirm me or my vig.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    could be that the cult baddies were the roleblocker and, can't convert on the same turn.
    Hopefully they can't.

Could also be that the conversion was blocked, or a character died- but I'm not sure that showed in the narration.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Oh what the hell? Sorry Munkus, guess I shouldn't have doubted you in the end. Now I don't trust any of you people. Especially those posting the bare minimum or merely to vote, that seems like a convenient way to hide. Why join a game then and barely play? And judging by the fact that no Cerberus Ops died tonight, I think it's safe to say they are extremely well networked (or perhaps they even knew each other from the start as it would stand to reason since Cerberus is a shadow group to begin with they would know who is with them and who is not.) Those specials siding with Shepherd need to get their shit together and fast.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Taya wrote:
    It would be useful if someone with more Mass Effect knowledge than me could determine who killed whom.

For example Skull Man, was killed by a blow to the head? That doesn't do much to confirm me or my vig.

I can't think of anyone in the ME universe particularly known for whacking people in the back of the skull.

The "limp" from the mob scene implies that character is Joker Moreau, which is who Speed claims to be.

Legion was a friendly Geth and would've been a good special.

The hulking brute is probably Grunt.

Munkus was just this guy, you know? Though it mentions Cerberus in his profile his death doesn't imply anything about who killed him.

However, for Langly it's implied Cerberus killed him since he talking about gettin' himself some true blue lovin' and got a knife in his back.

Infidel, eh, probably the SK I guess?

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    AkimboLegs wrote:
    MrTLicious wrote:

Or they thought it would cause us to vote out Speed today anyway. I'd be almost certain Speed is Joker now, I certainly can't think of many characters that limp in ME.

And again, second doesn't have to be mafia. If all they were hoping was that we would immediately bandwagon Speed when his ability failed to produce, then their plan has backfired.

I also think you are aware of that, and you are attempting to start a village bandwagon onto an easy target.

MrTLicious

Having the ability work does not clear Speed in my eyes. It damns him, assuming the mafia have a roleblock, which we now know to be true. Having the 1st and 2nd vote both die is generally bad for the village, so it seems like that would be a mafia ability, rather than a village ability. So if the ability goes off without a hitch, it's because the mafia wanted it to.

You can yell at me for taking the "easy" for which the synonym is "obvious" target if you want, but it's all I have at this point. If you have a better suggestion, I'm happy to listen to it.

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    In the meantime, Jerkbot

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Oh what the hell? Sorry Munkus, guess I shouldn't have doubted you in the end. Now I don't trust any of you people. Especially those posting the bare minimum or merely to vote, that seems like a convenient way to hide. Why join a game then and barely play? And judging by the fact that no Cerberus Ops died tonight, I think it's safe to say they are extremely well networked (or perhaps they even knew each other from the start as it would stand to reason since Cerberus is a shadow group to begin with they would know who is with them and who is not.) Those specials siding with Shepherd need to get their shit together and fast.

Mafia always start off masoned (that is knowing who each other is). Unless it's a weird/usually bad game.

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    I believe Speed. The narration is too specific and I doubt Joker is a Cerebus loyalist. Not saying he's confirmed and people should start telling him their life stories, but we might want to have him guarded until he can be Seered. I mean, Joker is a named dude, right? No Conversions? And, as a guy with a power we won't want to use very often, he makes a great mouthpiece in a game with roleblocks. This could be a good break for us.

And if someone used a roleblock, I'd be wanting some pretty big answers out of the dude they saved. I mean, it could be a very clever ploy to get us to waste a day on another villager, but that seems very unlikely to me at the moment.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Skull man was killed by Garrus.
    The one known as Skull Man had good reason for the nickname. A xenobiologist, he spent his spare time collecting specimens for his collection in his quarters. Hoping to calm his nerves from the deaths of so many crewmembers, he locked himself in his room to clean his prized possessions. Unfortunately, he dropped one behind his desk, and he just lacked the reach and the flexibility to get it back. Not that it mattered, because his eyes went dark after a swift blow to the head.

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote:

Mafia always start off masoned (that is knowing who each other is). Unless it's a weird/usually bad game.

All of them? Every game I've played it usually had one or two, maybe three of the top specials networked, but never the generic evils as well.

• Options
    I wasn't sure if that was a throwaway joke or not since it doesn't say anything about how he actually died.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    All PM's should be out. If you were expecting one and did not receive one, please contact me.

I am going to make that sandwich now.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Hullis wrote:
    Skull man was killed by Garrus.
    The one known as Skull Man had good reason for the nickname. A xenobiologist, he spent his spare time collecting specimens for his collection in his quarters. Hoping to calm his nerves from the deaths of so many crewmembers, he locked himself in his room to clean his prized possessions. Unfortunately, he dropped one behind his desk, and he just lacked the reach and the flexibility to get it back. Not that it mattered, because his eyes went dark after a swift blow to the head.

Sorry, no ME knowledge here, but it sounds like the lack of reach and flexibility is referring to Skull Man, and not the killer, so why is that phrase so important?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Sorry for starting that wagon on you in the first place T4CT :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Egos wrote:

All of them? Every game I've played it usually had one or two, maybe three of the top specials networked, but never the generic evils as well.

Every game of Phalla i've played the mafia has always been masoned to start. Hopefully the two mafias in this game aren't masoned.

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote:
    I wasn't sure if that was a throwaway joke or not since it doesn't say anything about how he actually died.

It's hard to ignore a reference to Garrus when Skull Man was our supposed Vig Target for the night.

• Options
    Assuran wrote:
    Egos wrote:

Every game of Phalla i've played the mafia has always been masoned to start. Hopefully the two mafias in this game aren't masoned.

Wait.

Are you implying that the Indoctrinated and Cerberus could be masoned?

Or are you saying you know there are two Cerberus factions?

How could you possibly know this?

• Options
    Also, is it possible that those dispatched with a knife were probably killed by Indoctrinated? Which means we're dealing with at least two converted already? Seems like a shiv or pointy object would probably be the weapon of choice of a crazy cultist.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    just want to let this be a quick lesson that sometimes a person who says they are new

is just new

• Options
    Egos wrote:

since munkus is deeeeeaaad.

UNINFORMED MAJORITY
    INFORMED MINORITY

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wow, that is a very specific reference. Did that become a meme or something?

• Options
    Hullis wrote:
    Assuran wrote:
    Egos wrote:

Wait.

We know that there are two separate mafias, the Indoctrinated and Cerberus. I'm saying hopefully they aren't masoned together. I strongly doubt it, for game balance, but it is possible. Just highly, highly unlikely.

• Options
    Assuran wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    Assuran wrote:
    Egos wrote:

Wait.

We know that there are two separate mafias, the Indoctrinated and Cerberus. I'm saying hopefully they aren't masoned together. I strongly doubt it, for game balance, but it is possible. Just highly, highly unlikely.

The Cerberus almost certainly have killing the Indoctrinated as part of their VC and vice versa. They wouldn't be masoned.

• Options
    That makes absolutely no sense.
    “Attention Normandy. It appears the ship is no longer under Cerberus control. This will now be rectified. We intend to root out the Indoctrinated infestation on this ship. Do not stand in our way.”

!Assuran.

• Options
    Baidol wrote:
    One death post that contains no in-game information is allowed. Communication of any kind with dead players is forbidden.

• Options
    Also, is it possible that those dispatched with a knife were probably killed by Indoctrinated? Which means we're dealing with at least two converted already? Seems like a shiv or pointy object would probably be the weapon of choice of a crazy cultist.

There was a knife kill and a clear indoctrinated kill yesterday. Also yesterday we got a notification of conversion. It seems that there was neither an indoctrinated kill nor a conversion last night. Perhaps the attempt on Grunt. The knife is probably an SK.

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Having caught I have to say with all this ridiculous-ness going one it makes me want to do a phalla sometime called Mexican Standoff in the Room of Many Corners. Everyone is a paranoid delusional nutter in the corner with a gun and gets one kill a night. It'd almost be an experiment of sorts to see if either a) everyone would kill each other in one night, b) they actually work together to make sure they each kill a unique person, or c) they keep accidentally keep ganging up on the same person every night, thus wasting their kill.

I want to make a phalla with 48 vanillagers and 2 vigs. See how it goes down.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    Hullis wrote:
    “Attention Normandy. It appears the ship is no longer under Cerberus control. This will now be rectified. We intend to root out the Indoctrinated infestation on this ship. Do not stand in our way.”

!Assuran.

I'm not sure what you're getting at; I told you nothing new or different than what everyone else here understands. The two mafias are most likely at odds for game balance purposes.

• Options
    Hullis wrote:

This narration seemed to me to say there were two mafias as well.

Also when Kime was killed they were outed as a Cerberus Loyalist in red text.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    MrTLicious wrote:

Definitive: The magic box is lying.

The magic box never lies. Vanilla does though.

• Options
    Assuran wrote:
    Hullis wrote:

!Assuran.

I'm not sure what you're getting at; I told you nothing new or different than what everyone else here understands. The two mafias are most likely at odds for game balance purposes.

So why would you speculate that two mafia might be linked when the narration explicitly says otherwise?

I think you slipped up.

• Options
    Having caught I have to say with all this ridiculous-ness going one it makes me want to do a phalla sometime called Mexican Standoff in the Room of Many Corners. Everyone is a paranoid delusional nutter in the corner with a gun and gets one kill a night. It'd almost be an experiment of sorts to see if either a) everyone would kill each other in one night, b) they actually work together to make sure they each kill a unique person, or c) they keep accidentally keep ganging up on the same person every night, thus wasting their kill.

I want to make a phalla with 48 vanillagers and 2 vigs. See how it goes down.
    I thought that experimental games were strongly encouraged to be minis

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    OOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOO
    .....unable to build consensus....
    ..Shepard-Commander....
    unable to
    oooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo

This discussion has been closed.