As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The St. [Phalla]ntine's Day Massacre! - GAME OVER - Doggie, Irish, SK, and Cop victory!

• Options
    BobbitBobbit Ottawa, between two shawarma storesRegistered User regular
    Welp, drank too much yesterday, missed a day of Phalla and NMR'd in Diplomacy. There'd be a lesson there for the intelligent I say, two tallboys in. Are Phyphor and Luciedes dead? Writing just seems to indicate that they've stayed home today, but this would hint at them being dead
    Assuran wrote:
    Hmm, stopped by the power of love, but dead.

Bobcesca is as good a choice as any while I'm at it

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    That makes sense now Dani! Lolol~ love you lots

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    OOoOOoOoOooOOooooOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it worked last time.

I revive in every game.

oooOOooOOooOOOOOooO

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote:
    If I'm reading those right, I'm going to assume that the Irish aren't masoned. That or they just really hated CaptainPlanet.

and then nirya revealed he wasn't irish

And then nirya revealed he was a gangster of love.

Henceforth, some shall call him Maurice.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I don't care what the hosts say. Everyone knows that red is mafia, and pink is good.

And I've totally used that to my advantage before :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    So pink is bad?

Man, that confused me.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Yes, pink is bad in this game.

• Options
    So, no bad guys killed then?

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Correct, no bad guys were killed last night.

• Options
    it would appear so, no.

• Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    So if pink is bad, the power of love is the bad mafia kill? Is cupid and his friends the mafia in this game?

• Options
    So if pink is bad, the power of love is the bad mafia kill? Is cupid and his friends the mafia in this game?
    AkimboLegs wrote:
    So the real mafia here

are the Carebears.

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I'm pretty confused on who needs to die... (Other than Carebears it seems...)
    So... I want to see pink dead people, thats what 'we' are aiming for...

Anyone have 'light red' as a favourite colour?

• Options
    towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote:
    Did MrTLicious just vote someone for advocating we find and kill the not-villager mafia before the village factions fight eachother?
    Doesn't that lead to the village losing, in most cases?

I just want to point out that towndrunk switched to me, from Void Slayer, after reading (and misinterpreting) my post. Then proceeded to defend him. Since voting for mafia day 1 is a typical move, this seems really suspicious to me. So if Void ends up being mafia at some point down the line, remember this.

I was defending a message that I think was mistyped, but the meaning was clear enough. To cease inter-faction fighting until the mafia (you know which one) were eliminated. Still gonna vote MrTLicious for this. If only because it's the only lead - however fragile - I can think of.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote:
    Hmm. Those who were eliminated in pink were from opposing village factions. I wonder if that was simply coincidence, or if it was a requirement? In any case, it looks like the hardened mafia members of Chicago have more to worry about than the physical realm.

Start of Day 2 Spreadsheet (up to post 250)

Don't see how it could be a requirement unless they know everyone's alignment already...

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Wait, so Nirya is also a space cowboy? Can he explain what the "pompitous of love" is?

ps - "Private Donut, there's already a color for light red; it's called pink."

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Cerberus now see, we don't need any rats in our establishments, see?

• Options
    AkimboLegs wrote:
    Don't see how it could be a requirement unless they know everyone's alignment already...

It's probably not randomly aimed, because that wouldn't be fun, but maybe it's one person's power that hits two dudes of opposite factions, or maybe one gets autocorrected to hit the correct faction. Just throwing some ideas out there.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    MrBlarney wrote:
    Hmm. Those who were eliminated in pink were from opposing village factions. I wonder if that was simply coincidence, or if it was a requirement? In any case, it looks like the hardened mafia members of Chicago have more to worry about than the physical realm.

Start of Day 2 Spreadsheet (up to post 250)

Given equal numbers, this is also the most likely outcome.

The Bobesca wagon seems silly, unless players know him as a particularly shrewd analyst. Or if you're just putting him on the "incompetent" side of the village liability line.

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    MrTLicious wrote:
    Did MrTLicious just vote someone for advocating we find and kill the not-villager mafia before the village factions fight eachother?
    Doesn't that lead to the village losing, in most cases?

I just want to point out that towndrunk switched to me, from Void Slayer, after reading (and misinterpreting) my post. Then proceeded to defend him. Since voting for mafia day 1 is a typical move, this seems really suspicious to me. So if Void ends up being mafia at some point down the line, remember this.

I was defending a message that I think was mistyped, but the meaning was clear enough. To cease inter-faction fighting until the mafia (you know which one) were eliminated. Still gonna vote MrTLicious for this. If only because it's the only lead - however fragile - I can think of.

It's funny that you say it was "clear enough," when Tayrun's interpretation was the exact opposite of yours (that we should ignore the mafia and kill the Italians).

I think it's easy to defend a villager that you think is going to get a bandwagon rolling when you're mafia. towndrunk34

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    !Nirya for liking colours.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    !Nirya

(bit of a placeholder but I might crash hard this evening and not get back to the forums later)

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Nirya seems like too convienant of a slip up to be mafia, but I guess nothing else stands out yet.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote:
    Ok, so analyzing the deaths leads me to conclude the Italians didn't have a vig last night. Assuming that village faction is roughly equal in strength, that should mean the Italians should get a vig tonight, but not the Irish.

We had 1 vote death, 1 irish vig death, 1 sk death, and 2 love killings.

Correct?

Could be a guard

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Nirya Why do you hate killing and love love.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Actually, at this point don't we need a defined second place? I'm going to change to Towndrunk34

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    What's the Nirya reasoning?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    BobCesca

This vote is nothing to do with the fact I have no idea yet, and the fact she's not around to defend herself! Honest!

Cerberus on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Cerberus, because seriously?

Speaking of which, I miss Seriously.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    I thought I would get that, it's fair, but I have very little info and have not played Phalla before, therefore it's a vote (that I have to make) which isn't a huge impact.

Though I have to say I prefer Really to Seriously...

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote:

My reasoning:

Nirya commented that it doesn't look like the Irish are masoned. So he obviously isn't Irish. He could be Italian, but then why would the Irish not being masoned be a surprise to him? The Italians are masoned but the Irish aren't? That doesn't make much sense. So that just seems to leave the one option. Well, two: he could be some sort of weird neutral and therefore completely ignorant of how the two village mobs are set up.

It's not great, and it does seem like too much of an obvious slip for a real mafia member to make, and pouncing on Void Slayer for what seemed like a telling slip-up didn't work out so well for the village on day 1, but it's better than anything else I have to go on and the BobCesca wagon seemed even more overly convenient.

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    I still like my Bob vote, both for the sake of diversity and because it would be in the mafia's interest to let the village think they were hitting bad guys, but the reasoning for Nirya seems to make sense until he gives us an explanation.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    Whats the bobcesca vote for?
    Nevermind went back and checked the thread. color mix up/ celebrating red deaths.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    towndrunk34 feels the most suspicious out of these choices.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The two "mistake" wagons are, I think, not very good leads. We already did that with Void, and if the mafia saw that happen and then made that sort of mistake again, they are not paying very much attention to this game at all.

putting a feeling vote on MrBlarney

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Whats the bobcesca vote for?
    Nevermind went back and checked the thread. color mix up/ celebrating red deaths.
    It makes perfect sense that red=mafia and green=village to anyone whos played more than a couple games.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    towndrunk34 for reasons explained by others.

Might not be back before vote close, out drinking.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote:

The reasoning behind me getting votes is that I made an observation out loud, I guess. I'm a little more new to phalla games than others, and have played in games where the mafia has and hasn't been masoned, so I just pointed out what I saw from the narration.

But I guess that's enough to get a bunch of people to vote for me.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    MrTLicious wrote:

My reasoning:

Nirya commented that it doesn't look like the Irish are masoned. So he obviously isn't Irish. He could be Italian, but then why would the Irish not being masoned be a surprise to him? The Italians are masoned but the Irish aren't? That doesn't make much sense. So that just seems to leave the one option. Well, two: he could be some sort of weird neutral and therefore completely ignorant of how the two village mobs are set up.

It's not great, and it does seem like too much of an obvious slip for a real mafia member to make, and pouncing on Void Slayer for what seemed like a telling slip-up didn't work out so well for the village on day 1, but it's better than anything else I have to go on and the BobCesca wagon seemed even more overly convenient.

Void turned out to be mafia, so I fail to see how going after Void hurt the village.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Nirya wrote:
    MrTLicious wrote:

The reasoning behind me getting votes is that I made an observation out loud, I guess. I'm a little more new to phalla games than others, and have played in games where the mafia has and hasn't been masoned, so I just pointed out what I saw from the narration.

But I guess that's enough to get a bunch of people to vote for me.

Well the Irish aren't the traditional "mafia," so your observation was basically, "Well, the vig killed a villager, so the village isn't masoned."

I don't think it's particularly suspicious but reading people is not my strong suit.