As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Indie Game Bundle Notice & Discussion Thread [ NEW - Deep Space ]

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Humble said on Twitter they've hit Gmail's hourly email limiter so if you use that it may be why

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Got my keys and downloaded the Bastion soundtrack. Bastion is a separate key but unfortunately can't part out the other 4 games. I guess I could give away the key and keep a DRM-free copy but somehow that feels like cheating. Like the Newell will know *shudder*.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    What a crazy bundle. Buying it mostly for the soundtracks, but I guess I'll have an extra code to give away for Bastion, which is nice.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Now that's just unfair. I own every single one of these games except Sword and Sworcery, and I already bought the soundtrack to Bastion, and I still feel obligated to buy this.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    You are, you are.

• Options
    SuperdupeSuperdupe Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Bastion key, first person to get it wins

BXR4Y-QP9LX-B6NK4

(wish I could give out Psychonauts, Limbo and Amnesia since I already own those, too, but I want Superbrothers so fuck you)

Thank you @SyphonBlue, you're a classy gent. I will be paying this forward by 1) buying a separate bundle so as to scare my brother to death with Amnesia; and 2) Offering up a game-to-be-named-later when I get home from work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    This is IMHO the best bundle to date. I had 3 games on my wishlist and the other 2 I already owned. HIB does it again! :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I have yet to buy one of these, but Bastion, Limbo and Superbrothers are intriguing me (along with the soundtracks).

How are Bastion and Limbo on mouse and keyboard? I've only tried them with my 360.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    How are Bastion and Limbo on mouse and keyboard? I've only tried them with my 360.
    Bastion is occasionally a teensy bit awkward in that diagonal movement via WASD doesn't perfectly match the angles isometric paths are at, so you need to correct yourself occasionally when going down long, narrow bridges. And even then I only found it particularly noticeable if you try to use a lot of dodges in those situations. Aiming your weapons in combat is all mouse-controlled and thus probably better than it would be with a stick.

I can't think of anything at all in Limbo that would have worked better with a controller.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Every single one of those is a solid winner. Would be mind blowingly fantastic bundle if I didn't already own them all!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Aw man! This is torture! I own everything from the bundle but Bastion...
    Well whatever helps spreading Psychonauts!

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    I know the Bastion keys are flowing like water around here, but I also have an extra one if anyone would like it - drop me a PM if you're interested.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    You know, the last Humble Bundle made me lose faith a little. Nothing in the Botanica Bundle interested me. But Humble Bundle V has definitely made up for it. Though I already own Bastion and Limbo, I actually bought it this bundle twice.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    You know, the last Humble Bundle made me lose faith a little. Nothing in the Botanica Bundle interested me. But Humble Bundle V has definitely made up for it. Though I already own Bastion and Limbo, I actually bought it this bundle twice.

The last true numbered bundle was "Humble Bundle 4" over Christmas: Jamestown, Beat.Trip Runner, Super Meat Boy, Shank, and NightSky with bonuses being Cave Story+ and Gratuitous Sapce Battles.

I'd contend that HB4 and HBV are neck and neck in terms of quality with HB4 having much newer games in the package.

The 'Botanicula Debut Bundle' was just a bunch of Amanita Design games packaged with their new release: Botanicula. And while not the greatest games in the world, they have great art with nice soundtracks. But they're for a younger audience generally. I've used some of their games to teach preschoolers mouse skills (tiny mobile mouse). I probably wouldn't want to try that with Amnesia, for example.

The numbered bundles are generally fantastic, the developer bundles tend to be smaller and cater to a particular style of games (though they often add some games from previous bundles to them to sweeten the deal).

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Vicktor wrote: »

The last true numbered bundle was "Humble Bundle 4" over Christmas: Jamestown, Beat.Trip Runner, Super Meat Boy, Shank, and NightSky with bonuses being Cave Story+ and Gratuitous Sapce Battles.

I'd contend that HB4 and HBV are neck and neck in terms of quality with HB4 having much newer games in the package.

The 'Botanicula Debut Bundle' was just a bunch of Amanita Design games packaged with their new release: Botanicula. And while not the greatest games in the world, they have great art with nice soundtracks. But they're for a younger audience generally. I've used some of their games to teach preschoolers mouse skills (tiny mobile mouse). I probably wouldn't want to try that with Amnesia, for example.

The numbered bundles are generally fantastic, the developer bundles tend to be smaller and cater to a particular style of games (though they often add some games from previous bundles to them to sweeten the deal).

HB4 was a great one as well, but alas, I missed it... Got both of the Android Bundles though, and my Galaxy S + unlocked Nook Color are both very happy for it. And though I have a Giant Angry Backlog of Doom, I find myself staring at The Indie Gala now.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    Vicktor wrote: »

HB4 was a great one as well, but alas, I missed it... Got both of the Android Bundles though, and my Galaxy S + unlocked Nook Color are both very happy for it. And though I have a Giant Angry Backlog of Doom, I find myself staring at The Indie Gala now.

I'm so bad at clearing my backlog. I find games that I like, and I play them alot. Games like Bastion and Darksiders and Batman AA are great for clearing because there's no compelling multiplayer or reason to play multiple times through (though still great games). But Borderlands and Dungeon Defenders and ME3 muliplayer keep sabotaging me.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    A bundle so fine, I already own all the games except Amnesia. This was an intentional omission! I might buy it anyway just to get everything on Linux, and also because the Steam version of Psychonauts is supposed to have a tamed down Meat Circus level (not that I ever got that far in the game, but it's apparently a thing.)

People who are giving away HiB5 Bastion keys miiiight want to hold off on that a little bit. Any bonuses added to the bundle are going to be on that key. Not that there's anything wrong with buying multiple bundles.

Edit: People playing Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP! The battle sequences seem like a pain. That's because critical control info isn't actually mentioned in the game. Use the z and x or . and / keys for sword and shield, and things will be significantly closer to gravy. But keep watching the buttons! Sometimes your only clear visual cue that something is about to happen is when the onscreen shield button blinks.

Frem on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Wow, Psychonauts is an absolutely delightful experience. I went in expecting good, but this is really excellent.

This is what fun is.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    the complete soundtrack + score for psychonauts is on the download page now.
    it was just the soundtrack for the first few days and just the score for most of yesterday

• Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »
    Wow, Psychonauts is an absolutely delightful experience. I went in expecting good, but this is really excellent.

This is what fun is.

I can't stand the gameplay in Psychonauts. I beat the game because the characters, writing and story are awesome, but I thought the game design was teeeeerrrible

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    We've added Braid, Super Meat Boy, and Lone Survivor to Humble Indie Bundle V! humblebundle.com

You lucky lucky bundlers!

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    Is Lone Survivor all that good? I already have Braid and Super Meat Boy, so I'm happy to give out the key for them to someone except I don't have that game. Any quick descriptions of what it's like?

SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    Is Lone Survivor all that good? I already have Braid and Super Meat Boy, so I'm happy to give out the key for them to someone except I don't have that game. Any quick descriptions of what it's like?

Creepy short 2d side-scrolling silent hill. I think it's great.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    So do Braid, Super Meat Boy, and Lone Survivor separate keys?

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    So do Braid, Super Meat Boy, and Lone Survivor separate keys?

Nope. One key for all three games.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Oh. I gave away my Bastion key because I already owned it... then they added three more games I don't own and want. FFFFUUUUUUUUU.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    Oh. I gave away my Bastion key because I already owned it... then they added three more games I don't own and want. FFFFUUUUUUUUU.

Think the bastion key is separate to the new three. Worth checking anyhow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Adda wrote: »

Think the bastion key is separate to the new three. Worth checking anyhow.

They are! They are a separate key! Hooray!

So many games, for such a great price. HiB, you rock.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    They always add the bonus games as a separate key because people everybody who already bought the bundle gets them, including those who didn't beat the average.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Hmmm, trying to decide if I want to give this key to a friend who doesn't have SMB, Braid, and Lone Survivor, or if I should just claim it even though the only one I don't own is Lone Survivor.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Lone Survivor is pretty rockin'. And your friend could always pay a buck. :winky:

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Even with the additions, Lone Survivor is the only game that I don't already have, and I don't think I'll pay $8 just for that. Well, there's always next time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    They always add the bonus games as a separate key because people everybody who already bought the bundle gets them, including those who didn't beat the average.

Almost always. Dungeons of Dredmor was added to the beat-the-average key in the Introversion bundle, iirc.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    new indie underdog pack: http://iupbundle.org/
    -Tesla: The Weather Man
    -Drains
    -Ichi
    -Clone Wolf
    -48 Chambers
    for $3.99, 10% goes to the aspca.
    all games are desura only

• Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Can anyone confirm if the Bastion soundtrack is included with the base bundle without the extra games? I don't need the games, but I want the Bastion soundtrack.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm if the Bastion soundtrack is included with the base bundle without the extra games? I don't need the games, but I want the Bastion soundtrack.

It's not.

• Options
    The Indie Royale page now has a collection/profile system where you can access all your previous bundles in one place. http://www.indieroyale.com/collection
    There are also some bonuses if you bought enough bundles and you can add previous bundles to your wishlist in case they decide to re-release some of them. You can use your Desura/indieDB/modDB account to login if you already have one.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Does anyone have the 10 bundles bonus unlocked? What is it? Only have the 5 unlocked.

• Options
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Does anyone have the 10 bundles bonus unlocked? What is it? Only have the 5 unlocked.

'Super Space Rubbish' + OST on windows, linux and desura.

steam_sig.png