As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking to buy a quieter mouse

TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop.TampaRegistered User regular
edited February 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I like using my laptop in the bedroom, but my girlfriend is sensitive to repetitive sounds. Right now I use a cheap Logitech mouse and it's pretty loud when I click. Anyone know of a nice, quiet mouse?

Turkey on

• Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    Nope. I'd just roll on up to Best Buy and start clicking away until you find a nice quiet one.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I dunno about quiet mice... The quietest option for clicking, I've found, is to use the "tapping" function on your laptop trackpad. Naturally, this only works if pretty much all you're doing using the mouse is regular clicking (not so good in games, for example), but it does make very little noise! I do sometimes get self-conscious using my own mouse (Logitech G5, which is no longer being produced) for the laptop while my fiance is trying to sleep, so I definitely can't recommend my own mouse. I think the mouse for recent Dell desktop computers is kind of quiet... maybe? My mom got a sweet upgraded Dell machine (as a graphics/video editing/rendering workhorse) from Craigslist that came with one, and I think it clicks a little more quietly than mine at least.