As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(¯`º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º SPARKLE MOTION [CHAT]!!!! º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º´¯)

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    NOnCb.jpg

The WvWvW map, with all the supply camps, towers and keeps!

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    scaledphpserver683filen.jpg

What is that?

Goonswarm and their "swarm the enemy with noobies with cheap-ass ships" tactic in EVE online

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    I liked DAoC but I didn't level up enough to do PvP.

When did you play it? The best pvp groups were 20-25 and then the normal pvp from 45-50. And they added the whole get to level 20 through a command thing ages ago.

The pvp was an experience I haven't really seen replicated since. The pve was poop from a butt.

I played in like 2002/2003. And yeah, level 20 was what I was quoted but I was only playing the game with my guild while we were waiting for Shadowbane's beta to start so I quit DAoC before I hit 20.

I was n the Shadowbane beta. That game was poop from the butt. Great idea though, just poor execution. I liked the idea though.

I swallowed the hype in that one. As soon as I started playing I was like ugh...

• Options
    Goonswarm are great fun to read about.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    I'd get into Eve and high-level alliance politics if I didn't know that real life politics involves way more beer and gets you laid way more often
    Probably involves less spreadsheets too.

• Options
    Couscous wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    I'd get into Eve and high-level alliance politics if I didn't know that real life politics involves way more beer and gets you laid way more often
    Probably involves less spreadsheets too.

Yeah, it does.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Everyone I know in the party I'd get into this time around doesn't actually live here anymore so it'll have to wait about half a year.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    89f8016d-1659-40b3-a3f3-f3dd55aebc8f.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I had been following Darkfall when that was being developed too, like a Shadowbane 2.0.

Shouldn't have been surprised that turned out bad. Good thing I lost interest.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

When did you play it? The best pvp groups were 20-25 and then the normal pvp from 45-50. And they added the whole get to level 20 through a command thing ages ago.

The pvp was an experience I haven't really seen replicated since. The pve was poop from a butt.

I played in like 2002/2003. And yeah, level 20 was what I was quoted but I was only playing the game with my guild while we were waiting for Shadowbane's beta to start so I quit DAoC before I hit 20.

I was n the Shadowbane beta. That game was poop from the butt. Great idea though, just poor execution. I liked the idea though.

what kind of poops from butts are only lacking in execution, instead of just being all poop

The game itself wasn't fun. But it was basically EVE in a lot of ways. Guilds would establish cities and develop them with npcs. Other guilds could come in and siege the cities. Take land and so on. The game still had pve leveling up some how though. Don't ask me why they went that way.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    i loke the idea of an mmo but i did not like wow

• Options
    goons2010.jpg

(Some background: basically, they lost access and control to everything they had in all their systems, because the leader of the alliance forgot to have enough money for the "sovereignity fee" thing.)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    i fucking hate that half the time, on ipad, like turns to loke

• Options
    When we lost control over everything that was hilarious. Everything got moved to a new region!

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

what kind of poops from butts are only lacking in execution, instead of just being all poop

The game itself wasn't fun. But it was basically EVE in a lot of ways. Guilds would establish cities and develop them with npcs. Other guilds could come in and siege the cities. Take land and so on. The game still had pve leveling up some how though. Don't ask me why they went that way.

I would still say that the problem with poop from a butt is not execution, but we may have differing attitudes towards poop.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I wish EVE was fun. It's a real special game, the spreadsheet stuff isn't even a big deal. It would all be acceptable if only we didn't spend so much time waiting around!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    me2insanity.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Man I wish I liked EVE.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

That problem will be fixed in the iPad 3.

• Options
    Good job, Feral, now get a higher score in ME3 multiplayer.

• Options
    This is an older version but this is the rvr map for DAoC or the Frontier zones. And they were all connected.
    UthWarmap.png

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Did you fight over keeps or were there towers as well?

• Options
    I want to play the Mass Effect 3 demo multiplayer but everyone is level awesome and I'm level 2.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote:

That problem will be fixed in the iPad 3.

it better, so help me steve jobsssss

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I love hearing of how [famous player] stole all the money from his corp and now hundreds of players are screwed over hard.

IRL money loss in the tens of thousands of dollars (or more). Eve is the most boring reality tv show out there.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    I want to play the Mass Effect 3 demo multiplayer but everyone is level awesome and I'm level 2.

...on PC ill start a new character if you on PC

• Options
    Oh found an overview of the redone frontiers. The first one I put on was the release version with the border keeps you would teleport into. This was after the redo where it was all one zone with a sea you would cross in the middle using boats and their was sea warfare.
    frontier_overview.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote:

...on PC ill start a new character if you on PC

Xbox. :(

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Anyone on PC want to play ME3?

• Options
    I wonder if there will be any underwater keeps to take advantage of the underwater combat.

• Options
    Xbox.

Still on Skyrim.

:(

(Actually I'm still pretty happy with it)

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Did you fight over keeps or were there towers as well?

I will talk more about the original set up since I played that more.

So you lets say we were going to go fight in Hib land in Emain Macha aka the Golf Course. You would teleport into the keep. From there you set up a raid group and move out. Your first area was the wall. Now this was a keep wall from which the defenders could fight you from and you had to overrun them and push back. Hard bloody fight. From there you enter the frontier with keeps. You would then begin to take keeps. Some would be lightly guarded others were hard fights. If you took them all the relic keep would be weakened and you could assault that. Take the relic and return it to your keep.

That is unless the Mids took you out on the way home and stole the relic and so on. The redo had more keeps and towers and ports to take. It was awesome.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Xbox.

Still on Skyrim.

FUS RO DAH is soooo 2011.

• Options
    loke loke loke

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Good job, Feral, now get a higher score in ME3 multiplayer.

inorite?

Do you know if your xp and unlocks will carry over to the full game?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Oh and guilds could claim keeps and upgrade them with guards and crafting. Tough doors and such. Also the attackers could carry and build siege equipment to help take the keeps.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    http://i.imgur.com/rWkF6.jpg

I think this is one of the keeps.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Oh and guilds could claim keeps and upgrade them with guards and crafting. Tough doors and such. Also the attackers could carry and build siege equipment to help take the keeps.

Yeah this sounds pretty close to GW2! I hope there's lots of footage of it tomorrow so you watch it and then you'll join me and together we will rule the galaxy together!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Man, you guys are making me want to MMO.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote:
    Xbox.

Still on Skyrim.

FUS RO DAH is soooo 2011.

It'll come back around!

Sleep with one ear open. :ar!

This discussion has been closed.