As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So I just applied to be a librarian for DC Comics (Feelin' Good thread)

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Keith I honestly wish we could hang out sometime

I wish I could find you a job or something!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Keith I honestly wish we could hang out sometime

I wish I could find you a job or something!

Aw shucks

I'm no fun, though!

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I think part of the reason I buy so much crap is because when I'm feeling shitty I want something new and exciting to cheer myself up

I am so bad about this, but yeah if I'm having a crappy day/week I will buy myself something even if there's no logical need for it

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    I think part of the reason I buy so much crap is because when I'm feeling shitty I want something new and exciting to cheer myself up

I am so bad about this, but yeah if I'm having a crappy day/week I will buy myself something even if there's no logical need for it

Yeah

I'm trying to stop because I mean I need that money

But it's like "Wah poor me I had a bad week at work surely buying something will solve my problems"

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I have the same shopaholic attitude when I get stressed. Like crap, this day sucks, better go on to amazon and buy movies/books/videogames to cheer me up. Then when whatever I bought arrives, I have a hard time getting started on it, and the cycle continues. It's why my place is startin to get a hoarders feel to it.

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Just start buying me things, lostwords

It is 100% possible to buy my love

In the past few weeks I've bought: drive, Constantine, robin hood on bluray, wainy days on bluray, kingdom of amalur and final fantasy 13-2, a new flannel shirt, and new socks. Like whyyyyy

lostwords wrote: »
    I have the same shopaholic attitude when I get stressed. Like crap, this day sucks, better go on to amazon and buy movies/books/videogames to cheer me up. Then when whatever I bought arrives, I have a hard time getting started on it, and the cycle continues. It's why my place is startin to get a hoarders feel to it.

Heh, yeah

I have bought so many games recently

And finished so very very few

Keith wrote: »
    Just start buying me things, lostwords

Sorry, Im also a selfish douche who only buys things for themselves

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Quincunx wrote: »
    my problem: pretty much everyone i was ever friends with is doing better than me in life

my solution: at least i don't see them anymore

this is also me
    i think we are ruining this thread guys

anyway, a lot of people i know from high school/college are doing quite well for themselves
    while i am picking things up and putting them down and working a different shift from my wife and just sitting around all the time and and and a bloo a bloo

lostwords wrote: »
    In the past few weeks I've bought: drive, Constantine, robin hood on bluray, wainy days on bluray, kingdom of amalur and final fantasy 13-2, a new flannel shirt, and new socks. Like whyyyyy

The Russell Crowe Robin Hood?

That movie stunk

i get confused by stank/stunk
    i need to find that grammar refresher book my mom bought me for christmas

Also steam sales are the fucking worst for me buying stuff

OH MAN I WANT THIS GAME AND IT'S ON SALE I DON'T KNOW WHEN I'LL GET TO PLAY IT BUT I SHOULD BUY IT NOW

I mean sure I'm kinda saving money, but not really if I keep buying damn games.

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Steam will nickle and dime you to a bloody pulp.

E: It's a good death

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1

Movies "stunk"

your balls "stank"

It's like right now hey Serious Sam
    3 is on sale for $13

I kinda want that

Who knows when or if I'll ever play it, but it's like 75% off!

• SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    my problem: pretty much everyone i was ever friends with is doing better than me in life

this is also me

Ain't nothing wrong with getting things off your chest/venting

Skullo wrote: »

this is also me

Ain't nothing wrong with getting things off your chest

Let's start with that shirt...

this is also me

Ooh baby

this is also me

Ooh baby

I like it raw

Movies "stunk"

your balls "stank"

but i washed them this week

Movies "stunk"

your balls "stank"

but i washed them this week

let's see 'em

Welp, called the temp place about that interview I had two weeks ago that I was feeling good about. The corespondent with that company is out today, but the other worker told me that the company "canceled the position", although she said they might just not have heard back on it

Thanks for telling me!

That is major butts.

I just spent 80 bucks on comics, which is something I haven't done in years, so im not sure if I'm feelin good about that.

I'm looking forward to reading em though.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'm probably going to cancel my preorder of the new SSX and use that money on a bunch of old games I never played like Uncharted 2, or I'll wait until the inevitable Asura's Wrath price drop because that game looks stupid.

Peen on
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Is this the new feeling good thread? I went climbing tonight, which I am still new at, and I lead climbed for the first time, which made me feel good.

Also found out the woman in charge of dealing with applications for a job I'd applied to weeks ago and not heard back on has apparently been off sick so hasn't looked at the applications yet, so I might still have a chance at getting an interview.

These are good things that make me feel better about having to spend £300ish on dental treatment for my cat.

Oh nooo I feel a sore throat coming on; probably have a cold. Hope it comes and goes before Monday when I have a job interview (which I thought was on Wednesday; glad I checked the e-mail!)

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Oh nooo I feel a sore throat coming on; probably have a cold. Hope it comes and goes before Monday when I have a job interview (which I thought was on Wednesday; glad I checked the e-mail!)

I've got something you can suck on to ease the pain.

zkHcp.jpg
    Kadith wrote: »

I've got something you can suck on to ease the pain.

Oh!!

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:

OH MAN I WANT THIS GAME AND IT'S ON SALE I DON'T KNOW WHEN I'LL GET TO PLAY IT BUT I SHOULD BUY IT NOW

Yes this is me

I bought Fallout 3 GOTY even though I own it with DLC on 360

Why?

It was on sale that's why

Buttlord wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote:

Yes this is me

I bought Fallout 3 GOTY even though I own it with DLC on 360

Why?

It was on sale that's why

i could manage your funds for you, for a small fee

• BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    I have a really bad habit of seeing clearance/bargain games, buying them, getting excited, and then putting them on my shelf for > 6-12 months until I just get around to it. True facts: I own Assassin's Creed 2, Skyrim, Fallout 3, and a few other notable games that I know I'll really enjoy and they just sit in their original packaging.

Meanwhile, I install Morrowind on my laptop from 2005 and start playing it again.

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    I watched a million people sign up to get a chance to play on a video game I'm working on

I feel

pretty darn awesome

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    Veretas wrote: »
    I watched a million people sign up to get a chance to play on a video game I'm working on

I feel

pretty darn awesome

Deets

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I used to have all of the problems with buying clearance games, and old games and whatever on Steam and never playing them.

Then I created a category on Steam for games I haven't played. By not touching any games outside of that category I've managed to clear off around 10 games within the past few months.

zkHcp.jpg
  • BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    But! Re: feelin' good:

In December I finally finished my PhD. Long story short, I did research for a pretty crazy faculty member who probably has no business leading a research lab. He notoriously over-uses his grad assistants, under-pays them (he actually does some stuff I consider pretty gray ethically), and comes up with extremely flimsy excuses to hang on to them as long as possible. It would help if he has some idea what he's doing, but he typically doesn't. Working for this guy was really damaging to me in many ways.

Last February I got a postdoc research offer that I'm finally able to take now that I've finished. And since December, my wife and I have secured a new apartment, and we've found out my new job will get both of us full medical coverage and reimburse us for moving costs. Not only that, literally everyone I've talked to who knows my new boss says he's amazing to work with and for. In this economy, with the shitty situation we'd been in for the last 5 years, I can't even express how amazed and grateful I am for this turn of events. Last time I met with the new boss, I was really tempted to pick him up in a tearful bear-hug. Maybe after we get to know each other better.

And tomorrow the wife and I are hosting a going-away party for our friends and family. I'm waiting on some spicy cheddar shortbread snack-thingies (?) to come out of the oven for tomorrow. Also, the Missouri-Kansas basketball game is going to be on TV during the party, and we're all Mizzou alums from the marching band. It's gonna be awesome.

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Veretas wrote: »

I feel

pretty darn awesome

Deets

Check the Guild Wars thread

and watch this

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So about a month ago I took up a second job (bartending) in addition to my day job (waiting tables)
    I thought it would be fun, and this was before I got the call back from the feds and I figured I would need a skill to get me through grad school

Well I think I may have to quit

I don't enjoy it as much as I had hoped, the pay is tips only, I'm there till 3 or 4 AM and then have to get up around 8:30 or 9 for the day job

But GG, you pussy, plenty of people work two jobs!
    Yeah, when they fucking have to, to keep their house or prevent starvation

I most certainly don't need to be on my feet for 12 hours a day, especially when the second 6 will only net me about $40 for the night

I really like the people I work with though and I don't relish having to tell them I'm gonna split

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    man, if it's not a necessity get the fuck out of there