Options

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Woo, finally beat Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge. That one was pretty unfairly difficult (Mega Man 1 NES difficult), especially with the small screen size hiding enemies off screen. I think the item drops were also drastically scaled down from later Mega Mans.

I wonder if the "Mega Man 2" they just released in Japan was the NES one or the GB one.

It was the NES game.

They need to hurry up and release that shit in the US :D Easily the best Mega Man game.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Woo, finally beat Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge. That one was pretty unfairly difficult (Mega Man 1 NES difficult), especially with the small screen size hiding enemies off screen. I think the item drops were also drastically scaled down from later Mega Mans.

I wonder if the "Mega Man 2" they just released in Japan was the NES one or the GB one.

It was the NES game.

They need to hurry up and release that shit in the US :D Easily the best Mega Man game.

Yeah, it should've been released during the 8-bit summer.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    I may have to grab Colors! 3D. I have been eying that for awhile. Anyone use it? Is it good?

Its the reason why I bought my 3DS! I highly recommend it :)

• Options
    Aww, I forgot to get it :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    C'mon Nintendo, bring more non-Mario e-shop sales! There's a lot of stuff that looks good in the store, but too many are outside my impulse purchase limit.

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Turkey wrote: »
    C'mon Nintendo, bring more non-Mario e-shop sales! There's a lot of stuff that looks good in the store, but too many are outside my impulse purchase limit.
    They can't, they're building up hype for New Mario 2.

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Aww, I forgot to get it :(

I promise you it's still worth every penny! There's nothing like playing a game and getting inspired to paint one of your favorite moments in a game you download, all at the touch of a button!

Here, I painted this one after playing a certain part in Link's Awakening! :)
    _127721.jpg

• Options
    Maybe they'll put it back on sale again sometime :P

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    They really should do more sales, though I wonder if there's a point where operating costs would exceed the profit if they price it too low.

You wouldn't think such a thing could even be possible, but I wonder if there really is such a point nonetheless.

Hopefully it's way below the dollar pricepoint, dollar-apps are immensely popular and they could use that to leverage some cool stuff during their sales.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    This... is unfortunate.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Article is a bit misleading, since nobody actually knows what the RRP is though.

It could be that they're just selling it at the RRP, while most online retailers are significantly below that. Remember, Nintendo doesn't have MSRPs for their shit in the EU.

It sure looks like one hell of an olive branch to regular retail stores though, something I was afraid was going to happen.

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    papermariov.png

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Oh nice, I thought that one was coming way later than that.

• Options
    EvilRedEyeEvilRedEye Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Zephiran wrote: »
    Article is a bit misleading, since nobody actually knows what the RRP is though.

It could be that they're just selling it at the RRP, while most online retailers are significantly below that. Remember, Nintendo doesn't have MSRPs for their shit in the EU.

It sure looks like one hell of an olive branch to regular retail stores though, something I was afraid was going to happen.

It's obnoxious pricing. 3DS games aren't really retailed at £40 over here, even in bricks-and-mortar stores.

EvilRedEye on
    Gone.
  • Options
    Retailers can also charge whatever they want for codes for the downloadable version (so that when there is a sale, it can be a lower price). It's just that if you want to buy it directly from Nintendo, it will cost $40.

• Options
    Chen wrote: »
    papermariov.png

Was just about to post this. :D

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Hmm, Paper Mario has some textures now...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular

Oh yeah, his overalls do look kinda fuzzy, don't they?

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options

Oh yeah, his overalls do look kinda fuzzy, don't they?

Nevermind the overalls.

Look at the 'Stache!

So fuzzy...

• Options
    This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop

New Super Mario Bros. ™  2 (available Aug. 19) – The bros are back for an all-new adventure worth its weight in gold! Be one of the first to get your hands on this game by purchasing and downloading directly to your Nintendo 3DS™ system from the Nintendo eShop starting at midnight on Aug. 19. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Crazy Chicken: Pirates 3D  – Restore peace to the Caribbean shores by pointing and shooting crazy pirate chickens in this frantic action game. You only have 90 seconds to complete your raid by slaying pirates and collecting all hidden treasures. (For Nintendo 3DS)

A Month of Mario

Mario's Picross  – This week, "A Month of Mario" is featuring  Mario's Picross. Starting today through Wednesday, Aug. 22, this mind-bending puzzle game is available at a discounted price of $2.99. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Also new this week:

Crazy Chicken: Pirates  (Nintendo DSiWare™)

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Wait, Crazy Chicken DSiWare AND in 3D?

Is that the first time a digital game got launched simultaneously on both stores like that?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options

Is that the first time a digital game got launched simultaneously on both stores like that?

It almost looks like it, though I could be wrong

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

I've got the Nintendo press release, and it has to separate listings for Crazy Chicken, one for 3DS and one for DSi.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I've got the Nintendo press release, and it has to separate listings for Crazy Chicken, one for 3DS and one for DSi.

Right, it's two games. He was asking if they've ever released two version of a game at the same time before.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    D'oh, I fail at reading comprehension.

And spelling. Damn typo.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Maybe I should just give up and buy Pushmo/Mutant Mudds/some of them eshop RPGs already.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Pushmo is amazing. Plus you can QR scan additional puzzles once you beat it. Though I haven't done that yet. I've got so many other things to play.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Yeah, it's been on my radar since I bought the 3ds, but I'm having trouble coming to terms with e-shop games having more in common with XBLA/PSN than the App Store, so the $7 price seemed steep to me.

Since I just bought Pushmo, I expect it to go on sale next week.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Pushmo is one of the best games on any system.

It's meaty too.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    I can't stop playing. I've got a bunch of console and PC games that I've been looking forward to playing, but fuck them I need to PULL MORE BLOX

• Options
    edited August 2012
    This week is a pretty crap week for eShop releases again. Now that the month of Mario is over, looks like no more sales.

Nintendo eShop

VectorRacing 

Enjoy a new, high-speed racing game that recalls the video games of yore. Use one of six different machines to race across 12 courses — some easy, some insane — in four different modes. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo 3DS XL) 

Edit: Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wmFXqtHTAc

Also New This Week

Abyss (Nintendo DSiWare)

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Got Sakura Samurai. Holy crap this game is unforgiving.

• Options
    Wow Nintendo, no sales at all?

• Options
    Well this is interesting. Apparently it's an Indie fighter from some former SNK talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAZ2sldMyJs

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/23/indie-fighting-game-yatagarasu-coming-to-3ds-eshop/

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    I guess this can go here:

Pokedex 3D getting updated Aug 31

Soon we can get all the Pokemon until we go buy 3D Pro

• Options
    Is anyone actually going to buy Pokédex 3D Pro? You can get all the information you want on Bulbapedia... Minus the AR stuff, but I'm not willing to pay 10 dollars for being able to do that.

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I introduced a friend to Super Mario Land 2 last night. Dude loved it.

Now I'm a bit jealous because I have no unplayed classic Mario games to discover.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I'm still working on getting the Pokemon that were already in the dex (lost my progress once and I forgot about it for a while. It doesn't always give a notification), but I'm glad to see them adding all of them.

I may buy the Pro version if/when a 3DS Pokemon releases. I'm still not sold on Black/White 2. Wish there was a 3D version.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    I introduced a friend to Super Mario Land 2 last night. Dude loved it.

Now I'm a bit jealous because I have no unplayed classic Mario games to discover.

title-hm.jpg
    ;)

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    That vector racing game is making me want a sequel to F-Zero GX. Hell I'd even take a 3DS port of GX. F-Zero 3DX. How boner would that be?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.