As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] Just give the World Series to the Spurs as well

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Cespedes on pace to hit 81 home runs this season.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I guess Carl Crawford won't be ready for opening day?

Seriously the worst free agent signing in the history of sports

Nah

• Options
    I guess Carl Crawford won't be ready for opening day?

Seriously the worst free agent signing in the history of sports

Two words.

Barry Zito

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Yeah that Zito contract was awful.

If you open that up to worst contract extensions/new deals to your own guy the new Ryan Howard deal might crack the top 5. I hate it so much.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    carl crawford bats 6th, plays for a team that doesn't steal bases, and patrols an outfield that requires little of his speed

his only defining attribute was that he is fast and he's approaching the age where he's not going to be fast anymore

for the deal to be worth anything he will have to have a bananas season this year or next... I don't see his window being that wide

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    combined 0-11 from Ichiro, Ackley, and Weeks

panic time!!

• Options
    maybe the tokyo dome is a pitchers park!

The Tokyo Dome interior looks like Tropicana Field if Tropicana Field only had three light fixtures and was built in post-apocalyptic australia

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

panic time!!

pack it up.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

panic time!!

Rebuilding year!. Start trading all those veterans away.

Maximum on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't know...the NBA has some horrible free agent signings.

• Options
    I don't know...the NBA has some horrible free agent signings.

Shut up. Allan Houston was a great signing.

• Options
    I mean the fact that the Mets will be paying Bobby freaking Bonilla 1.2 million a year until 2037 makes that one of the worst deals ever.

• Options
    Eric Hosmer has TWENTY SIX RBI this spring, and spring isn't over yet. holy hell

• Options
    albert haynesworth

• Options
    albert haynesworth

I found it funny that his wiki included this.
    In popular culture

In a response to Haynesworth’s failure to pass the Redskins conditioning test in July 2010,[37][38] the August 27, 2010 edition of The Onion ran the headline (with an accompanying photo), "Report: Albert Haynesworth Just A Mound Of Ice Cream And Hot Dogs." [39]

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The Indians are close to a deal that would have them acquiring Bobby Abreu.

• Options
    maximum could you check your email

I think I sent you a thing yesterday but I'm worried I missed a button or something

• Options
    I was thinking of getting out of the park baseball 13 but I'd want to use the cubs and....and I don't think I'm up to the challenge. I just saw what their roster looks like and...shit, they might give the astros a run for their money

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I want to do all the sims but they're kind of overwhelming looking at times.

• Options
    it seems like the best way to play those would be to get in an online group with people and try to match the season as closely as possible

gives you more time to think and analyze things, and gives the bonus of competition with actual humans

• Options
    GiraffeLoverGiraffeLover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpFHwFdN0Kw Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    This Baby Giraffe

brandon-belt-giraffe-530x356.jpg

I mean, Brandon Belt.

@Sweeney Tom

So sweet, so young, so tender... Quite... quite a fine specimen... OhSweetPenis.png

Necks... it's all about necks...

Personal Quote: "I stare into the void as her molted carapace unfurls, her soaking thorax begging for my gentle touch... and she whispers: "krev unda xcryu!!!". Her slender neck riddled with eggsacks and vestigial maws beckons for my tender head, but what is that I see? Tis a hedgehog, nested upon one of her seven shoulder, her quills beckon for me as well. I now surrender myself as I am filled with countless fertilized eggs and my hands grace the spiky sensuous quills... Yes, yes - a thousand times yes..."
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Are novelty accounts becoming a thing here?

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I'm Bizarro Stormy.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Chris Sale has a 11:1 K:B ratio in spring

This is a good sign.

Unfortunately he's still an RP in Yahoo's system.

Also I need to change the IP requirements for the week. It's still three. I think we settled on like 25 or something. But I'm just going to make it 20 because I can't remember the exact number and I'd rather guess low.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    I'm not sure a bestiality themed novelty account has much future here but I can't wait to see how far he'll push it.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Hey, did anyone have MLB the Show 11 for the PSP, and if so how was it?

I realized that yes, I basically have a PSP and I could get that for pretty cheap and it would still probably be better than any MLB2k game.

• Options
    Since you mentioned The Show I’ll have to rant for a second.

Whomever designed Primo Yards can go fuck themselves. I was just traded to Toronto and their AAA affiliate plays there, it’s horrible. Most stadiums have that nice tall black or green backdrop over centerfield so you have a good eye line when hitting.

Primo Yards…nope, it’s this tiny thing and every day game there’s this miraculous cloud formation right where the ball leaves the pitchers hand, basically forcing you to guess when to swing every time because the ball is freaking invisible.

I’m batting almost .400 on the road and like .180 at home. I hate it here.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Since you mentioned The Show I’ll have to rant for a second.

Whomever designed Primo Yards can go fuck themselves. I was just traded to Toronto and their AAA affiliate plays there, it’s horrible. Most stadiums have that nice tall black or green backdrop over centerfield so you have a good eye line when hitting.

Primo Yards…nope, it’s this tiny thing and every day game there’s this miraculous cloud formation right where the ball leaves the pitchers hand, basically forcing you to guess when to swing every time because the ball is freaking invisible.

I’m batting almost .400 on the road and like .180 at home. I hate it here.

oh my god, I am glad I am not the only one who has noticed this

Primo Yards is the goddamn apocalypse for me.

It's impossible to see the ball. even if their release point is low, there is SO MUCH sky on the screen that you simply can't pick up the ball.

My personal favorite minor league parks:

Green Valley, All-American, Shippet, and the one the Biscuits play at

The only one that comes close to being as bad as Primo is Blue-River facing right handers.

in other news, I was promoted to MLB Bench after a monster spring. Where I rode the bench the ENTIRE YEAR against Denard Span, could not get demoted to save my life. I spent the entire year as a backup, and ended up with... get this... 84 at bats for an ENTIRE SEASON. Seven stat bars went into regression because I couldn't get enough points to stabilize them.

I've been begging for a trade and have not gotten one. So I just said fuck it and made a Pitcher RTTS and will do that instead.

• Options
    Same thing happened to me. Rode the bench with Detroit until just after the all star break. Finished 2-24. Never met one goal the entire time, luckily they traded me to Toronto so I can go get at bats at least.

• Options
    Do you know which stat it is that slows the pitches down?

Because right now I'm at about 71 vision but only 50 disc, and when I face basically any top-3 rotation guy, a 91MPH fastball might as well be 103. It just blips on the screen and it's gone.

I THOUGHT vision slowed them down, but now I'm thinking it could be disc.

• Options
    Do you know which stat it is that slows the pitches down?

Because right now I'm at about 71 vision but only 50 disc, and when I face basically any top-3 rotation guy, a 91MPH fastball might as well be 103. It just blips on the screen and it's gone.

I THOUGHT vision slowed them down, but now I'm thinking it could be disc.

No clue.

Thought vision was the hitting circle, contact was the sweet spot within the circle and discipline was your ability to check swings. Never noticed balls slowing down before.

• Options
    I am 90% certain there is a pitch speed factor that occurs. There are guys who throw a mere 96 that are blowing me away in the majors and that was pretty easy to handle in the minors.

• Options
    my pitcher was set up with maximum pitch movement on those initial sliders, and I've taken:

4 seamer
    Sweeping Curve
    Slider
    Screwball
    Sinker

And he has J.P. Howell's delivery style

it. is. awesome.

Couldn't hit a spot to save his life, but that curveball... nobody can hit that.

I debated taking the knuckleball for my 5th pitch, but I wanted a definite ground ball pitch that would stay down... the gyroball has a tendency to hang and get slammed for homers.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    Hey, did anyone have MLB the Show 11 for the PSP, and if so how was it?

I realized that yes, I basically have a PSP and I could get that for pretty cheap and it would still probably be better than any MLB2k game.

I liked it! I love all the Shows though, but I feel like 11 was the best. And it is cheap.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    When I make pitchers in baseball games, I usually only have 3 pitches... fastball, slider, split... and I throw them in that order making right triangles with random corners of the strike zone for 8 innings. It sounds boring, until you realize you're leading the league in strikeouts.

• Options
    My relief guy is fastball, changeup, slurve. I love the hell out of playing a relief pitcher in RTTS and can't imagine playing any other way. Mostly because I'm terrible at batting.

• Options
    I find the pitching too easy after awhile.

The batting never gets easy and I genuinely feel awesome every time I get a hit.

The flipside to that is when you go 0-16 and feel like taking the disc out and feeding it to your garbage disposal.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Fastest fastball, curve, change, Nolan Ryan windup. Bam, a billion Ks.

• Options
    I would kill myself if I had to play a reliever.

Loading screens drive me insane. That's why I hate being a MLB bench player. Just pinch hit after pinch hit.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/3/6/2849744/michael-pineda-yankees-spring-training

So Michael Pineda bombed in his latest spring outing (well, really, he's bombed all spring) and suddenly he's saying that he's had shoulder discomfort for awhile now.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
This discussion has been closed.