As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Joystiq headline font too small to read

Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-FedRegistered User regular
edited February 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
About 2 weeks ago, Joystiqs headline fonts went super small. Still readable, but annoying and anything I did didn;t change a thing.

Today I go there and they've shrunk again to a size that literally makes them a tiny black bar and completely unreadable. I'm on IE7 sadly and can't change that but any advice? Joystiq is the only site that's been affected that I can find.

Magic Pink on

• Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Hold down CTRL and use the mouse wheel zoom?

I've had this happen before with other sites and it's maddening because WHY DID IT HAPPEN but the ease of zooming pretty much takes care of it for me.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Well, that sort of works but by the time the headline font is big enough to even begin to see the rest of the page is gigantic. Like, one letter is too big to fit on the screen gigantic.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Maybe the text size was changed? Should be able to go to view menu and check Text Size. Default should be medium.

Also, do you not have any other browsers that you can use to at least see how it looks in that?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    There are a number of problems with text size rendering in CSS in MSIE7 that Microsoft never got around to fixing until MSIE8.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Maybe the text size was changed? Should be able to go to view menu and check Text Size. Default should be medium.

Also, do you not have any other browsers that you can use to at least see how it looks in that?

No, Text Size is still at Medium and no I can't try any other browsers. This is a work PC.

As for the text size rendering isssue, I'm just curious why it would have all of a sudden happened like this.

• Options
    EdgieEdgie TampaRegistered User regular
    If this is actual text and not a picture of text, you can copy to the clipboard and paste into some readable area. I've always just pasted right into the address bar.