As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tabletop Space Wars (Point me to some good ones)

see317see317 Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Critical Failures
Let me start by saying that I'd like to play Battle Fleet Gothic. I like the 40k setting, and the idea of mile long space cathedrals blasting each other to rubble amuses me in a way that's probably not entirely safe for work.
Unfortunately, I can't find crap for BFG in stores, and it appears that GW has no plans to support the game now or in the foreseeable future.

So, ODaM Critical Failures, what're my options if I want to play with tiny plastic models of giant space ships, but BFG is off the table (so to speak)? What are your recommendations? Who's going to hit right in the Othello spot ( 'A Minute to Learn...A Lifetime to Master')? Who's got the coolest space ships? Who's got good game balance and well written rules? What can I get into without reverting to a spam and ramen diet?

Alternatively, tell me who to avoid. Who's got terrible models? Who's got poorly written, confusing rules?

see317 on