As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Yeah, schedule conflict so he picked being in The Hobbit instead of Game of Thrones.

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    i actually like how they treated littlefinger in his scene with cat this past episode

they've made him a little less perfect in his scheming this season, and while it came off as clumsy with cersei earlier, it really fits that he'd lose his composure around cat

• Options
    DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    Dammit, having Dance play Tywin just messes with my perception of the character. It was much easier to hate him in the books, dude is just to smooth.

I really like the scene with Tyrion and Lancel, I can't remember if that is in the books or a new addition but it was a nice reminder that compared to so many people Tyrion is just so far ahead of the curve. Also how good Dinklage is at being a smart bastard. Just the perfunctory way he asked his string of questions and smirked at the final answer before continuing, so good.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I just have a hard time picturing Dance

SERIOUS SPOILERS
    Shot in the dick by a crossbow on the toilet

He's just too smooth for that.

• Options
    Line of the episode.
    "Fewer. Four fewer fingernails to clean".

What a dick.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    that was so great

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Am I the only one who thinks the dude who plays Lancel should be playing Loras? He's much more of a pretty boy.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Drijen wrote: »
    Dammit, having Dance play Tywin just messes with my perception of the character. It was much easier to hate him in the books, dude is just to smooth.

I really like the scene with Tyrion and Lancel, I can't remember if that is in the books or a new addition but it was a nice reminder that compared to so many people Tyrion is just so far ahead of the curve. Also how good Dinklage is at being a smart bastard. Just the perfunctory way he asked his string of questions and smirked at the final answer before continuing, so good.

Also that hilariously transparent, "Oh crap I messed up" face that Lancel made when Tywin goes, "...in the hour of the wolf..."

Then he tried to recover but damage was done, Tyrion had already figured it out.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who thinks the dude who plays Lancel should be playing Loras? He's much more of a pretty boy.

I remember him being prettier last season. For a second I thought it was a different actor because of the haircut.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Shows how shit cersei is at the game too

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Kana wrote: »
    Drijen wrote: »

Also that hilariously transparent, "Oh crap I messed up" face that Lancel made when Tywin goes, "...in the hour of the wolf..."

Then he tried to recover but damage was done, Tyrion had already figured it out.

Well yeah, to everyone watching, but if the point is to show how clever Tyrion is compared to the common person I'd say they got it done well. If it was played more subtle and insinuated rather than a pretty simple logical trap blundered into than it would be a conversation between Tyrion and Varys or something. Not a poor young mook who has no fucking clue just how deep in it he has gotten himself.

Drijen on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Book/Season 3 Spoilers.
    All this talk of Tywin being somewhat great confuses me.

Although the blow is somewhat softened when I think about that quarrel in his crotch.
    Tywin has always been a powerful lord who's well respected by his friends and feared by his enemies, he's always mentioned that way in the books
    Well, yeah.

But he's an asshole.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I just have a hard time picturing Dance

SERIOUS SPOILERS
    Shot in the dick by a crossbow on the toilet

He's just too smooth for that.

NO FOR REAL, SAME SPOILERS
    I don't know, I think that face off could really be done justice by the actors. Starts off all cold and cerebral and devolves as Tyrion gets fed the fuck up with the load of shit he has been given. It has been a few years but my takeaway was always that it was basically as surprising to each of them that Tyrion actually did it in the end. And I think Dance can do indignant and surprised and "jesus christ did that kid really just do that?" pretty darn well.

Drijen on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Guys, when does Episode 3 reair? I might have a chance to watch it during the week(hopefully).

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    Did anyone else see the SNL bit on GoT? Did I just dream it or what? I can't find it on the full episodes at NBC.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Anyone know what the tumblr was called with regards to GoT and someone's mother?

• Options
    Thanks!

Also I love Tyrion

if that hasn't already been said by myself

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    http://mymomwatchesgameofthrones.tumblr.com/

NSFW for images from the show.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Anyone know what the tumblr was called with regards to GoT and someone's mother?

I love when she comments on Renly's wife in episode 3.
    "She’s willing to have a threesome with him and her brother. That’s very thoughtful of her."

• Options
    Sassori wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »

I love when she comments on Renly's wife in episode 3.
    "She’s willing to have a threesome with him and her brother. That’s very thoughtful of her."

Hahaha yeah

some of her comments are fantastic

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Also, really unhappy about the new Mountain. Conan Stevens was perfect, this new guy isn't scary in the slightest.

I didn't even realize that was supposed to be the Mountain.

I guess that's how much he sucks by comparison to Stevens.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    the mountain is now a molehill

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    (I'm terrible.)

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    I'm too proud of you to be mad at you.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    They changed the Mountain's actors?

I thought he seemed different...

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    tumblr_m2xqmxEMbJ1qkd4gio2_500.gif

He's got the whole psychopath thing down thats for sure

Poor guy is going to spend the rest of his career playing nice looking guys who are actually insane
    Yeah, schedule conflict so he picked being in The Hobbit instead of Game of Thrones.

Not entirely correct

HBO decided that they couldn't rely on his schedule what with him doing the hobbit and spartacus while season 2 was being filmed. He still wanted to do all 3, but their decision is understandable and he doesn't hold them any ill will according to his blog

override367 on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Wait what the mountain was in this ep?? Didn't even notice

• Options
    Mountain2.jpg

THIS GUY was supposed to be the mountain?? I almost want to rewatch his scenes now

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Guys, when does Episode 3 reair? I might have a chance to watch it during the week(hopefully).

As best I can tell from the website, never. But you should be able to watch it on demand whenever you want between now and July 29 (or via HBO GO).

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I do hope the prior Mountain returns for season 3 onward.

• Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The Mountain never raises his visor for long in this ep I dont think, but he is the dude picking the people to be tortured. I believe the actors are almost the same height wise (the new actor is 7'1" vs 7'1/4") but Ian Whyte just seems smaller frame-wise. Since he is next to Arya and the prisoners for a bunch of his screen time this episode it is less noticeable how much bigger he is, plus no one talks to him so he just sorta seems like another dude.

Firematic. on
  • Options
    I didn't know he was supposed to be the mountain until this episode

weird stuff

• Options
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Mountain2.jpg

THIS GUY was supposed to be the mountain?? I almost want to rewatch his scenes now

I just did. Well, the Season 1 scenes anyway. You know...the good ones.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    Also they changed his helmet for some reason? I think it would have been better if they kept that the same at least so he had some similarities to season 1.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Fortunately, HBO can do season per season contracts so I think it's not unlikely, especially with Stevens wanting to return to the role when possible.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Well, I suppose it makes sense for him to wear the same equipment as all the other soldiers, as opposed to whatever he wants to wear while jousting.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Larlar wrote: »
    Well, I suppose it makes sense for him to wear the same equipment as all the other soldiers, as opposed to whatever he wants to wear while jousting.

BUT IT FUCKS ME UP, LARLAR. I have to remember all these new names and relations and shit
    now I gotta
    remember another actor and his new outfit???

I mean, did someone even call him The Mountain in this ep to help me out at all?

• Options
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Fortunately, HBO can do season per season contracts so I think it's not unlikely, especially with Stevens wanting to return to the role when possible.

Fingers officially crossed.

It took three times as long to type this.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Can you just put a nametag on him

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »

BUT IT FUCKS ME UP, LARLAR. I have to remember all these new names and relations and shit
    now I gotta
    remember another actor and his new outfit???

I mean, did someone even call him The Mountain in this ep to help me out at all?

Maybe they're not calling him anything so that if Stevens comes back for Season 3, only the people who've read the books will know they switched actors! It's genius!

This new guy will just be billed as some big, unscary dude.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png