As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME! DO IT!

• Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    143999 wrote: »
    Why the hell are you downloading 6 gigs worth of updates, King's Bounty games.

This is a great question.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Igpx407 wrote: »

From the Steam Forums:
    5 additional languages for KBAP and 2 for Crossworlds are being added. Crossworlds will now use its own folder in steamapps and save games to its own folder (My Games\Kings Bounty Crossworlds instead of My Games\Kings Bounty Princess). To 'unlock' the games, simply restart Steam. Crossworlds alrady work, KBAP will soon i think.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Giveaways ending soon!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    as someone staring at a dead hard drive for the first time in their life, only now do I say aloud "thank fucking god for cloud saves"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Igpx407 wrote: »

From the Steam Forums:
    5 additional languages for KBAP and 2 for Crossworlds are being added. Crossworlds will now use its own folder in steamapps and save games to its own folder (My Games\Kings Bounty Crossworlds instead of My Games\Kings Bounty Princess). To 'unlock' the games, simply restart Steam. Crossworlds alrady work, KBAP will soon i think.

Hmm. As cool as that is for people who don't speak the already included languages, I think this should have been an optional download because 8 gbs is a game worth of space.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    as someone staring at a dead hard drive for the first time in their life, only now do I say aloud "thank fucking god for cloud saves"

My condolences. I remember my first HD crash. It was as if I lost a loved one. There was so much stuff I had accumulated over the years that I would not be able to get to. Though, the freezer trick did help me recover some of it.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

Oooooh yeah, sucks to hear about it. I would be pretty livid if my 20+ hour foundling Skyrim save bit the dust.

Then I would just start playing again. Maybe this time do a half-orc assassin with a heart of gold.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Hat tip to Drake for being a great person and gifting me Half Life 2: Episode 1 despite me not having Half Life 2 yet!

• Options
    Looking at Microsoft Flight, and feeling a little underwhelmed by the entire thing. I'll probably download it and try it, but if Microsoft puts up Flight Simulator X on Steam I would buy it in a heartbeat.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    It's fun, but you're basically getting what you pay for. Can't speak to the DLC. It should be easily played with a 360 pad if you don't have a stick. It's not a hardcore sim by any stretch of the imagination. Felt pretty similar to Take On Helicopters.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I want Take On Helicopters so bad. C'mon Bohemia, gimme a sale.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Fuck yes, LA Noire is $5.00! That's the magic price point for me. Wonder if it's the one that comes with all the DLC?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Fuck yes, LA Noire is $5.00! That's the magic price point for me. Wonder if it's the one that comes with all the DLC?
    On CAG they said it was the base game. But I thought that the PC only has the complete edition

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the only version that's released on the PC has all the DLC included, is my understanding as well.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Hyperion wrote: »
    Slimcea wrote: »
    Blur any good for a casual racer?

I think you'd be better off with Burnout Paradise.

Get Burnout Paradise on a console so you can get the awesome Big Surf Island DLC.

• Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    I want Take On Helicopters so bad. C'mon Bohemia, gimme a sale.

Same here. Gotta hate low volume, long duration titles and the sparsity of sales that goes with them:( Oh well, been on a finish games kick lately anyways:)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    DLC Bundle is it's own Steamstore item.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Okay guys. Need more for Blur. THis game is amazing with more people. If you have blur friend me! Steam is CorriganX and ingame is Corrigan

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I just checked on Amazon and I see both versions available for download. I'm guessing it's the standard edition on sale.

Anyone who has Complete, how is the extra content?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ordered my new laptop! So excited.

Going to take days to download all my Steam games. :D

Is there a way to use Steam mover or copy game files from one computer to another so I don't have to redownload gigs upon gigs? (edit: just checked, 32.5GB. Wow.)

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Can't you just directly copy the steam folder & all associated folders straight across?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Is there a way to use Steam mover or copy game files from one computer to another so I don't have to redownload gigs upon gigs? (edit: just checked, 32.5GB. Wow.)

Yes, it's this highly complicated process. Stay with me here:

Step 1: Copy (from C:\Steam\SteamApps\common or just the entire common folder)
    Step 2: Paste onto other drive (in proper folder, see step 5 below, done!)/thumbstick/into a lot of DVD's if you have to...
    Step 3: Put the media in the the other PC.
    Step 4: See step 1
    Step 5: Paste into the 'SteamApps\common' folder of the Steam install if you did each game separate or into 'SteamApps' if you did the entire common folder.

Valve games like to be special and have massive NCF files in SteamApps you'd want to copy too, but you can ignore those for other games.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Step 1: Copy
    Step 2: Paste onto other drive/thumbstick/into a lot of DVD's if you have to...
    Step 5: Paste into the 'common' folder of the Steam install.

Oh, good. Gigabit networking will be greatly appreciated that day.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's easy, but I edited in some clarification just in case too.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Congrats to @ivanissacs @AlBaron and @Khildith for winning some awesome games!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Congrats to @ivanissacs @AlBaron and @Khildith for winning some awesome games!

Thank you, classy pony!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Dragon Age Pack (Dragon Age Origins Ultimate+Dragon Age 2) -9.99
    God fucking damn it. I just bought DAII for 12.50. I guess I already did play the original and the expansion pack plus I really don't care about any of the DLC for DA:O from what I have seen, but still.

Tempting. How's the Dragon Age pack work? I'm guessing it's not steamworks, right?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    They've taken DA2 off Steam I believe, but yea it's not Steamworks in any case.

You could register all of them on Origin though.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    I am mega excited to play this! Thanks broseph <3

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

I remember when this was big for a Steam folder for me. Reading that made me check my Steam folder once again, to see how much space it's taking up now. I'm at 749 GB.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I try and keep my steam folder <100GB. It takrs work.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Guys, if you don't already have it, don't forget to enter madnessnewb's giveaway for Half-Life 2: Episode One (I'd feel bad if I was the only one to enter it!)

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/wzqR2/half-life-2-episode-one

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    You're the only one entering because other than bored secretaries who only play Peggle, you're the only person on Steam who doesn't own Episode 1 yet.

• Options
    You're the only one entering because other than bored secretaries who only play Peggle, you're the only person on Steam who doesn't own Episode 1 yet.

Pretty much :D

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if that Dragon Age thing will come with two keys? Id like to take two and give 1 to my buddy.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if that Dragon Age thing will come with two keys? Id like to take two and give 1 to my buddy.

It did when I bought it from Amazon over Christmas and I did the same thing.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Yes. It comes with a couple keys, actually. I think a few of them are for DLC.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

I remember when this was big for a Steam folder for me. Reading that made me check my Steam folder once again, to see how much space it's taking up now. I'm at 749 GB.

I'm sitting at 820 GB of Steam, and then another 120 GB of Origin/GoG/MMO. Granted I just finished installing everything in preps for PAX...

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »

I'm sitting at 820 GB of Steam, and then another 120 GB of Origin/GoG/MMO. Granted I just finished installing everything in preps for PAX...

And most played game? Re-organizing your Steam Library™.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Step 1: Copy (from C:\Steam\SteamApps\common or just the entire common folder)
    Step 2: Paste onto other drive (in proper folder, see step 5 below, done!)/thumbstick/into a lot of DVD's if you have to...
    Step 5: Paste into the 'SteamApps\common' folder of the Steam install if you did each game separate or into 'SteamApps' if you did the entire common folder.

Valve games like to be special and have massive NCF files in SteamApps you'd want to copy too, but you can ignore those for other games.

Did this when I got my computer. The games weren't installed though and I still had to 'download' them. Took about three seconds.

This discussion has been closed.