As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

bullies saying sorry, sullies saying borry, shmullies shmaying shmorry

AldoAldo Hippo HoorayRegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in Social Entropy++
So the interbutts is a great thing I guess. It seems my neck of the woods only just joined Facebook and is on a god damned nostalgia trip.

Today a girl sent me a message saying she was sorry for all the shit she pulled back in primary school. Said she had no excuse for it, wondered why she ever felt the need to bully. The whole thing.

Thing is, I have no clue who she is. There's dozens of bullies I do remember, but this young lady? Not a clue. I sent her a polite short message back about how it was no biggie, because I think I would remember her if she was a gigantic cockhead.

Made me consider my bigger bullies, I don't think I would ever believe them if they said they were sorry. Fuck those assholes.

Aldo on

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    She probably liked you back then.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    You should hook up with her.

• Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote:
    You should hook up with her.

yap

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Agreed, beat that lady up

in her lady parts

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    it's hard out here for a bully

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    bully that vag until it is black and blue son

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Happy international women's day everyone.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Tell her the only remedy to this is a good rim job.

You could also educate her on the fact that it's probably because her home life as a kid wasn't pleasant and people who are predisposed to bully usually have aggressive or abusive relationships with their parents, imprint on that and consider it a social norm.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    i've been on both sides of the bullying thing, and i can tell you, those times when i victimized other kids were the times when i felt the worst about my life, about myself, about everything going on around me. i was just so sad and angry and alone that i didn't know how to handle it, and someone got picked for my outlet.

of course, being a fatty, i took my fair share of stick. most of the time i'd beat the holy living hell out of the kid fucking with me, usually after being smarter than they were and using my words to rile them up, get them to hit me first. then i'd have recourse to "defend myself" and break their fucking heads open.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    steve_buscemi_billy_madison.png

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    i've been on both sides of the bullying thing, and i can tell you, those times when i victimized other kids were the times when i felt the worst about my life, about myself, about everything going on around me. i was just so sad and angry and alone that i didn't know how to handle it, and someone got picked for my outlet.

of course, being a fatty, i took my fair share of stick. most of the time i'd beat the holy living hell out of the kid fucking with me, usually after being smarter than they were and using my words to rile them up, get them to hit me first. then i'd have recourse to "defend myself" and break their fucking heads open.

O I was always on the receiving end of bullying, so there isn't much to feel guilty about in that respect. :U

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    tumblr_lzf4jvUPP71r0hytl.jpg

Borry.

2009-01-19-Sully.jpg

Borry.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

the women i respect the most are the ones who let me touch their lady baskets

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    excellent post, geek.

• Options
    Missed one.

Uc3_Sully-436x360.jpg
    Borry.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Yes Geek. Yes!

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

well played.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    My distrust of society and the general population began when teachers signaled that they didn't care who started it. If educated adults are capable of such nonsense, then something is fucked up. I later learned some people can be trusted.

Absalon on
  • Options
    Absalon wrote: »
    My distrust of society and the general population began when teachers signaled that they didn't care who started it. If educated adults are capable of such nonsense, then something is fucked up. I later learned some people can be trusted.

Yeah seriously. Whenever someone pipes that up it just tells me that they've never seen a child before in their life. Punishing the group for the actions of an individual means that 100% of the time that individual will keep doing that bullshit just to screw the group over.

sig.gif
  • Options
    one time i stopped a bully from picking on this one kid
    he was an asshole and his father was a cop
    two things that are probably related

it was at soccer practice, when i arrived he and his little brother were picking on the one kid i liked on the team
    the kid got knocked down so i walked over between them and helped him up

the bully threatened to fight me and called me a fag etc
    except i was a foot taller and a bit less skinny so i just told him to come over and start it

he continued to try to insult me but by this point the whole team was laughing at him and his bitch brother

so he went away and pouted, and when we actually practiced and had to some exercises involving contact he tried to be all hyper aggresive and hurt me. but i just put his punk ass in the dirt

i'm pretty sure that was the first and possibly only time someone stood up to that piece of shit

and that's the one social interaction i ever had

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    During 7th grade I got put into a class apart from most of my friends at the time, and got bullied a bit. Not a ton but it was the worst I'd ever had at that point.

In 8th grade not only was I back with my friends, but there was now someone in the class I felt was lower on the social ladder than me; I took advantage of this for about two weeks until a teacher yelled at me and I realized I was being a colossal piece of shit. I have no idea now what his name was or any way to contact him but I deeply regret that entire series of events to this day.

Later that year I got his spot on the school trip when he threatened to shoot up the school in response to some other people bullying him. This did not do much to assuage my feelings of guilt.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    One time in middle school a kid kicked mud on my shoes and I told him that the shoes were worth more than his life (I just watched Tommy Boy the night before).

I felt real bad about it but we sat near each other everyday in high school and we were cool with each other and I apologized and he completely forgot about it.

THE END.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    I recently remarked to my parents about how I thought I had a pretty easy time at school, and they just stared and told me that it was actually pretty shitty; I was coming home with busted lips and bruises most days and they had to talk to the higher-ups constantly since the teachers didn't care, apparently.

Thing is, I don't remember a thing. Now I'm paranoid and wondering if I've got some blocked traumatic memories or some shit.

Oh, and the ginger kids in the school, including me, were all friends and hung out in a group together, and looking back I'm not sure that was a coincidence. The one thing I do remember was that the special ed kids hung around us because we were the only group in the school who were nice to them.

• Options
    I went to my homeroom teacher in 8th grade about being bullied and was told to suck it up, that there was something I was doing that was causing them to pick on me. All of the bullying happened about 2 meters from where she sat and played solitaire on the school computer.

I went to the principal and they called in the kids, and it was basically my lone word against all three of the other kids' words, so you can guess how well that went. Nothing happened and I went on with life. Getting bullied sucked.

In another instance, we had these things called Alphasmarts at my school when I was in 6th grade, where it was basically a little keyboard with a 3 line display that you could type on and save your work. We used them for freewriting when the computer lab was booked up.

One day my friend Cal was being bullied for his walking style (he'd been in an accident several years before and had all sorts of pins and stuff in his hips and legs). I'm still not sure why I did this, but I wrote a letter to the bully on the Alphasmart about how he was going to die and stuff, saved it in slot 9, and forgot about it until the next day, when another class had the Alphasmarts and someone decided to print the document in slot 9.

This was 2 years before Columbine, but I got a half-day of Saturday School. The principal said she understood why I did it and was sorry but she had to give it to me. That was fine. The bully got 3 weeks of Saturday School.

I liked that principal. I was lucky I got her, cause about 2 weeks beforehand the AWFUL principal went on leave. If I'd gotten her, I'd have had the 3 weeks.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    God damn, I wrote a book and I didnt even realize it

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    who calls detention saturday school anyway

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Fandyien wrote: »
    who calls detention saturday school anyway

people who have it on saturday, thats who

you have it after school, its detention

cause you're being detained

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Some teachers have a really, really backwards view of bullying

And it has been this way for decades and part of me thinks it'll persist for a couple more before the system learns to think about things.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    bullies

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    At the school I attended in first grade, the teachers/helpers/idiots who oversaw recess had a messed up rule. Whenever two kids were going at it, if one of the kids was in the higher grade, they did not get into trouble. The littler kid was always the one to sit out. Period, no matter what your story was. I got to sit out several times when a couple of larger kids were chasing after me, because I didn't want to be hit. I thought that was stupid then, I still think it is stupid.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, middle school did not exist for me. I do say this somewhat tongue in cheek, but it's because of middle school that I built up walls around myself that took many years to break down.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Really I sometimes question the entire structure of schools.

Like separating children by the year they were born.

Or having one teacher instruct 30 students at a time, usually for several hours a day in early eduction.

Or even having children in a classroom / school building for the majority of their learning time, rather than in the community.

I'm not sure if there are justifications for the current system, outside of "well that's how it was set up originally, so it's too much work to change it now", or if this style of education actually has demonstrable advantages versus other forms of eduction.

• Options
    JelloJelloJelloJello Registered User regular
    There was a kid in my grade school who was the subject of endless abuse for reasons that I never figured out. He was new but there were other new kids and they didn't get abuse. So I don't know but he constantly a target for abuse by everyone. Even kids who didn't generally do that sort of thing. And he only came to our school in the first place because at his previous school he was also abused and it ended with somebody partially blinding him.

In high school, I don't think he had any real problems. He wasn't exactly popular but he wasn't tormented anymore. He was a nice guy, really and stuck up for me once when some kids were giving me the business.

I was Googling him a few years ago and saw him on a sex offenders database. Seems he was convicted when he was about 23 for having sex with a 12-16 year old. It's a shame and I'm sure it's because he was tormented so badly in school. He'll never be able to get a decent job and he'll be living in that ghetto the rest of his life.

That said, most of the people who gave him crap also have shit jobs and still live in that ghetto. So there's enough misery to go around.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I was poking around Family Watchdog where I grew up, and found a kid I used to eat lunch with.

He was on there for something like Aggravated Sodomy with a Minor.

• Options
    Yeah sex offender registries. They're pretty terrible.

sig.gif
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    I actually realized a few years after high school that I didn't get bullied a lot. It was just that I was being really paranoid about everything.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

• Options
    I'm sure there's bullies out there who also read these names and took it as a justification for them bullying those people when they were young.

• Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    Some sex offender laws are insane, but having sex with a 12-16 year old when you're 23 is not something that is going to get a lot of sympathy from me. And by not a lot I mean exactly zero.

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    Then again, there's a pretty big difference between 12-23 and 16-23. Not justifying it or anything, but the two extremes of the given spectrum are very different situations.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JelloJelloJelloJello Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I too enjoy stalking former classmates on Facebook. I found a guy just now. He just got out of prison. That must be why he wasn't on Facebook until recently. Dude has all these prison tattoos including like...clown paint on his face. But...it's tattooed on. One of his posts is "need a job". Good luck with that, buddy.

He also has a memorial tattoo of another classmate of mine who died like 10 years ago. She was 22. I didn't know and it's not clear what happened. There's quite a list of my dead former classmates, though.

And there's some other tatted-up junkie former classmate who I regularly check in on. She gets married every so often. Works at a truck stop. Graveyard shift, of course. Cranked out a few kids by various absent fathers.

I wish I hated these people. It would be awesome if they bullied me so that now I can revel in the horrible lives that they have to live. But they were actually alright. That just makes it sad and depressing.

JelloJello on