As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Starcraft2] CLOSING TIME!! GO TO THE NEW THREAD!!

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    why did (do) so many of you guys have long hair

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    rat tails were acceptable due to the time period

men with pony tails should never be acceptable outside of a fantasy setting

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I live my life as a fantasy setting.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Korean pop fantasy, right?

• Options
    dhal you are the biggest goose that ever walked this earth

• Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm starting to realize I probably have shorter hair than most of you most of the time :P

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gZR2tpv4Ulo

Good summary of the current trends in ZvX by Idra. Echos what I was saying before that muta/ling/bling is good to capitalize on a lead, but it's very unstable because of banelings are... hit or miss, lololololol.

Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    PraetorPraetor [Redacted]Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Manes are where it's at.

And K-pop vids are awesome, arguing otherwise in the STARCRAFT thread is just flat out insane.

the writhing!

Ed: Also, moving to the Netherlands in a few months. European PAers, worth getting an EU account, or just stick with US/SEA?

Praetor on
    3DS FC: 3067-6095-3603
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    That was a pretty good IdrA interview, Kambing.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    That was a pretty good IdrA interview, Kambing.

"Fuck Inori."

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    I can get behind 'Fuck Inori'. Knocked out my homeboy.

• Options
    mEEksa wrote: »
    I can get behind 'Fuck Inori'. Knocked out my homeboy.

Pretty much this.

• Options
    that was fucking great

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Loool, Nada streaming with his camera zoomed all the way in.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Hey guys,

So last year I put out a call for people who may be interested in writing for Gosu.com. I got a few PMs and some nice pieces (thanks to those of you who ended up writing!), but now the site in desperate need of a regular contributor for the gaming/esports section. I'd like to focus on event coverage/analysis, and broader opinion pieces about subjects relevant to the SC2 or eSports community. The following are a few examples of the sorts of content I'm interested in:

Event Coverage: MLG Winter Championship, The Ruckus in Columbus
    Analysis: Leenock vs Jjakji: Thoughts on the Best GSL Finals
    Opinion: Why You Should Stop Wishing for Starcraft 2 on TV

I'm also very receptive to any relevant ideas that go outside of those specific areas of focus. The site gets good traffic, but isn't enough to legitimately monetize, so it's all for funsies. The writing I've done has allowed me to meet some really cool people (got to interview Sheth, InControl, TotalBiscuit, CatsPajamas, Diggity, etc), and get some decent exposure. It's also been a blast, and the site has continued to grow and evolve in some neat ways over the past few months.

Writing would involve a certain level of commitment (2 pieces per month minimum). I also will maintain a minimum expectation of reasonable writing quality.

If anyone has any interest in becoming a regular contributor, please feel free to toss me a PM with what you'd like to write about (what leagues you watch, etc) and some writing samples (if you have them). Also feel free to PM me any questions.

Thanks!

Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    mastman wrote: »

I grew it out when I was really young and mullets were okay.

Then I just never cut it. Actually, I cut it once. It was awful, and I grew it back out as soon as possible. At this point it's just a part of my physical identity. It's just how I look to myself, and if I don't have it, I don't look like me any more.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited March 2012

I grew my hair out once right after I finished high school, but I ended up getting it cut back to short again for reasons I can't remember. This time it's mostly a mixture of because I can, because I am curious as to how it will look when it is a decent length, because it is something reasonably unique and I am somewhat attracted to that, and because I love annoying all my friends who are convinced it's terrible and that I should cut it.

Anzekay on
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular

who the hell knows man.

At this point it's just a part of my physical identity. It's just how I look to myself, and if I don't have it, I don't look like me any more.

This is pretty true for me too though.

I really should get it cut. Men just look straight up better with short hair in 99% of situations. It would be nice to be able to actually look presentable when I want to.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    Am I the only guy with short hair in here!? I am noticing a high correlation between long haired men and Starcraft. We must get to the bottom of this mystery.

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    i have short(ish) hair

me and you meeks

against the world

edit: i don't know if kambing has short hair or is just balding so

Biosys on
  • Options
    mEEksa wrote: »
    Am I the only guy with short hair in here!? I am noticing a high correlation between long haired men and Starcraft. We must get to the bottom of this mystery.

I am going to blame it on the fact that Narwhal doesn't have particularly long hair, so we have lots of guys with long hair to balance out the hair-power void.

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Diary of a Silver League Player
    So I just finished up a 37 minute TvT wherein banshees, ravens, thors, and tanks all made an appearance on both sides. But, when push came to shove, I ended up starving him out and cleaning up his three (!) planetary fortress expansions with the tried, the true: 3/3 stim marines making off ten barracks (nine reactor, one tech lab).

3/3 stim marines are like being on that rumble in the bronze map where the casters could "delete" units. "You were ...repairing something? I don't think - nope, I don't see any buildings there at all."

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    He's just got the typical greasy Mexican hairstyle. I don't think he has ever cut it, it just doesn't grow.

• Options
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    Diary of a Silver League Player
    So I just finished up a 37 minute TvT wherein banshees, ravens, thors, and tanks all made an appearance on both sides. But, when push came to shove, I ended up starving him out and cleaning up his three (!) planetary fortress expansions with the tried, the true: 3/3 stim marines making off ten barracks (nine reactor, one tech lab).

3/3 stim marines are like being on that rumble in the bronze map where the casters could "delete" units. "You were ...repairing something? I don't think - nope, I don't see any buildings there at all."

none of this is important

how long is your hair

real esports™ issues

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    my hair is short, ya'll hippies some silly gooses

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    mine is shaved because summer

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Obligatory hair post: I am a guy with short hair. I had long hair in high school, because it was the Nineties, maaaaaan and that was one of the things you could do to show the world that you weren't just any Doc Martens-wearing nonconformist, oh no - you were cool! You know, like prominent arm tattoos or those tarp rivets kids put in their ears today. Then I had to get a summer job, and none of the foodservice jobs available in my awful suburban hellscape would let them damn longhairs work for them.

Immediately after I got my mane cut off, I thought "oh, shit - that feels great! Why did I have all that weight on my head for like five years again?" The first shower afterward was a revelation as well. Zero to dry in, well, what you would consider a normal amount of time, but it was awesome to have an extra half-hour every morning.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I had long hair and decided to become a serious person and get it cut short, only to reveal random bald patches. Punishment from the gods for denying my nerd heritage and getting it cut short.

It's still at the stage where everyone who knows me insists they have no idea what I'm talking about but the baldness exists and is growing

override367 on
  • Options
    Short hair that occasionally grows into medium territory.

Also, Stephano's hair is clearly the source of his strength.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Kambing wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gZR2tpv4Ulo

Good summary of the current trends in ZvX by Idra. Echos what I was saying before that muta/ling/bling is good to capitalize on a lead, but it's very unstable because of banelings are... hit or miss, lololololol.

It's funny because they're pretending like they don't live in the same house.

• Options
    Biosys wrote: »
    i have short(ish) hair

me and you meeks

against the world

Nah short, but I would shave it off if my wife let me --- or if I actually started balding. I hate having to deal with hair.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Short-spiky hair represent!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    i have short(ish) hair

me and you meeks

against the world

I actually started balding.

the first step

Biosys on
  • Options
    i have short(ish) hair

me and you meeks

against the world

the first step

I actually wish I was. Then I can pretend to go all emo over it and then shave my head. >_<

• Options
    just get a tattoo of hair on your head

• Options
    i have short(ish) hair

me and you meeks

against the world

the first step

I go all emo over it and shave my head.

second step???

maybe?????

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I went from 10 years of long hair (as I mentioned last night) to short hair that I put product in every day to look awesome. mad men style not like spiked up. but it's really just the most recent of a bunch of changes I've gone through (I've mentioned my weight loss in here but hey I'll bring it up again because it's awesome).

hahaha I'm watching the vods from last night and Wolf keeps saying by curious. makes me laugh.

also wow maru beating gumiho really surprised me, those were some impressive tvts.

followed by a pvz where I feel like the winner is dictated almost entirely by the map and whether it makes P defending a third possible or not.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    My Razer Goliathus has arrived.

Yessssssss

• Options
    any time anyone says anything about maru this i all i can think of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uDuls5TyNE

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I went from 10 years of long hair (as I mentioned last night) to short hair that I put product in every day to look awesome. mad men style not like spiked up. but it's really just the most recent of a bunch of changes I've gone through (I've mentioned my weight loss in here but hey I'll bring it up again because it's awesome).

hahaha I'm watching the vods from last night and Wolf keeps saying by curious. makes me laugh.

also wow maru beating gumiho really surprised me, those were some impressive tvts.

followed by a pvz where I feel like the winner is dictated almost entirely by the map and whether it makes P defending a third possible or not.

I think part of the reason I grew mine out in the first place was in an attempt to hide how fat my face was. (Dumb I know, but tell that to 14 year old me.)

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream