As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    By great reviews, I mean that I found there were a great variety, and some forumers are really good at describing how the scent affects their skin compared to other perfumes. So if you already know that certain fragrances work on your skin, that can help!

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Weird thing is, I kind of have an idea of what I'd love to smell like but I can't describe it. It is the color red, but a deep bluish-red. Significant! I know I don't have synaesthesia but I have a tendency to think of things in terms of other senses. Red (this particular red) has a 'taste' and 'smell' to me but I can't describe them because I don't think I've ever actually smelled or tasted anything like I am thinking of. I searched the forums and someone was asking for something as such ('red') but it seemed like people associate the color with warm scents like cinnamon and cloves.

It's fruity but like, a dark fruit and its liquid but . . .

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    have you tried a pomegranate-type scent?

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I am thinking pomogranate could be a note. It would probably be blended with something else because pomogranate on its own is too light a scent.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    After reading that review I really would like to get some of that Stila long wear lipstick, but I'm so leery of purchasing any sort of colored thing online without trying it on first. I'd kick myself if I picked a shade that then looked disastrous when I actually put it on.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Still not figured out a good shade of lipstick on me

I can wear fairly heavy eye makeup but the moment I put on a bright lip colour? Totally self conscious

Which is hypocritical of me seeing as how I told bits not to be so silly when she was concerned herself about wearing a bright colour out in public

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I am wearing tightlined eyeliner today

I quite like the effect, I think I will do this more often

• Options
    I had to google tight lining

I like the nice subtle effect it seems to create! I bet it looks fantastic :)

• Options
    I did also add a regular lashline eyeline to it, but the tightline makes my lashes look thicker and my eyes look bigger, and honestly it works so well with the regular line that I will probably keep doing the two together!

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    @Muse Among Men

Quick search for pomegranate/fruit notes:

Persephone (Excolo): pomegranate and rose
    Shango (Excolo): red apples, banana, chili pepper, coconut, pineapple, pomegranate and sugar cane
    Kabuki (Ars Amatoria): cherry, red musk, and star anise
    Les Bijoux (Ars Amatoris): skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh
    Akuma (Diabolus): blood orange, neroli, and raspberry

Though when you say deep bluish-red I think resin with fruit, so:
    Dragon's Heart (Ars Draconis) dragon’s blood resin, red and black musks, a throb of fig and a sliver of black currant

Usagi on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    A throb of fig, huh?

:winky:

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Oh yes, throbbing figs galore!

BPAL is fond of things that throb

• Options
    I have a dragon _something_ imp, I'll have to look at home!

Shango sounds intriguing!

Some of the BPAL scents are definitely more novelty than wearable, I think, but fun to try! I'm just sad I haven't really been able to wear the ones Mori bought me lately. :(

Viv - good to know! I'll have to try it sometime. Did you use a cake eyeliner? I see that being recommended for tightlining online? My cake mascara can actually double as an eyeliner, so may have to try it!

Managed to get up early today and again slap on enough make-up so I actually look alive instead of half-dead. Yay more confidence!

• Options
    Yeah, some of the scents are weird, but I still want to smell them (see: their entire Lovecraft collection)

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Still not figured out a good shade of lipstick on me

I can wear fairly heavy eye makeup but the moment I put on a bright lip colour? Totally self conscious

Which is hypocritical of me seeing as how I told bits not to be so silly when she was concerned herself about wearing a bright colour out in public

yes! bright lips for all!

I had to google tightlining too. I've actually always applied eyeliner that way + regular lashline eyeliner, didn't know it had a name!

• Options
    Doesn't help that my lips aren't in great condition!

I need a slap on the wrist every time I reach to pick at them, which is nearly every day

Yesterday they bled a lot :(

• Options
    aw :( have you tried chapstick before bed every night? I slather on aquaphor at night and in the mornings and never have chapped lips, so I have nothing to tempt me to pick!

just ordered from bunny butt! I'll let you guys know how I like it - I ended up getting just the deodorant.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I wanted to try sandals on for my holiday today, but I have got a blister on the back of my foot and daren't risk making it worse :(

• Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the chapstick at night and in the morning thing works really well.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    I do use chapstick, although not as often as I should.

To be honest my main problem is staying hydrated! I honestly just forget to drink enough. When I am well hydrated my lips are definitely a lot better.
    Liiya wrote: »
    I wanted to try sandals on for my holiday today, but I have got a blister on the back of my foot and daren't risk making it worse :(
    Aw! Boo!

• Options
    aw :( have you tried chapstick before bed every night? I slather on aquaphor at night and in the mornings and never have chapped lips, so I have nothing to tempt me to pick!

just ordered from bunny butt! I'll let you guys know how I like it - I ended up getting just the deodorant.

guess what?

6a00d83451fac469e200e54f08222f8833-500wi.jpg

Bunny butt

• Options
    Scandalous!

fabulousFantastic.png
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Goodness how indecent.

It's getting close to haircut time for me. This time I want to try and go before I get that awful feeling where you just know your hair needs to be cut right now because it feels so icky.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    I hate that feeling, when you feel like you're wearing a mop!

• Options
    I think I might make an account on BPAL, ask around. Fruit scents are on the table, notes I am thinking of: pomegranate, crushed raspberry, crushed blackberry, plum, fig, nectarine/peach/apricot, maybe pear. Not all of them add up to 'red' but that is sort of a longshot anyway.

• Options
    The forum people are really nice, Muse. And the swap/sale threads might help you find some half-imps or decants to try at super cheap.

• Options
    Ah, and when I get back to LA I could probably attend their smelling events. Yelp says they used to hold them in North Hollywood though they have no relocated to Burbank according to their website.

• Options
    I tried to go through my closet/shoes today. I have waaaay too many pairs of shoes that I hardly wear, or have never worn. I need an occasion to wear these:
    Picture8.png

I consider myself pretty good at walking in heels, but the heel height on these might be a bit much for me to walk around in for hours.

• Options
    Oooh, they're nice!

• Options
    thanks! I also haven't worn these ever
    Photo100.jpg

my lifestyle does not match up with my shoe wardrobe

• Options
    Haha, I know how that is!

Didn't you post when you first bought those red peep-toes? I loved them then and still love them now!

• Options
    Wow! They are fab! I would fall right out of them haha

• Options
    Haha, I know how that is!

Didn't you post when you first bought those red peep-toes? I loved them then and still love them now!

I did!! I love them too. I've posted those other shoes as well I think.

Liiya wrote: »
    Wow! They are fab! I would fall right out of them haha

haha, my leg is at a weird angle in that picture because I was holding up the fabric. I need to get some body/fashion tape before I can wear them for real.

• Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    I made a sketch book! I don't know where to post it and I want to show it to people so I choose this thread.

tumblr_m1xbdznI1Z1qbdromo1_500.png

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    That's cute!

fabulousFantastic.png
  • Options
    You can make those things? Whoah! Good job Bel!

• Options
    Bits those shoes are both super cute! I wore one of my favourite non-winter pairs for the first time on Sunday. I actually bought them last fall but my ankle was still too fucked up from July to ever wear them, so I tried them on once and had to set them aside.

Now, though! It is shoe time!

(Seriously I have such a shoe problem.)

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    Thanks! I t actually wasn't all that hard, and was pretty fun.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    I feel like surely you are lying when you say it wasn't that hard, because I am quite positive I could never do anything remotely that stylishly.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Viv - good to know! I'll have to try it sometime. Did you use a cake eyeliner? I see that being recommended for tightlining online? My cake mascara can actually double as an eyeliner, so may have to try it!

Managed to get up early today and again slap on enough make-up so I actually look alive instead of half-dead. Yay more confidence!

Yeah I'm wearing a sample foundation from PinkQuartz that I think I mentioned before. It's not very heavy coverage at all which is a bit of a downer, but otherwise it sits quite nicely and it does serve to even out my skintone a bit. With concealer and bronzer it looks pretty good.

I am also wearing the same eyeliner setup from yesterday as well as mascara, so yeah I feel pretty good.

I used my Maybelline Gel Liner for tightlining and it works quite well. I know cake eyeliner (namely, Laura Mercier's cake liner) is meant to be the best product out there for tightlining, but eh, I reckon that's more down to the brush being used than the product. Recommendations are to use a flat-topped tightlining brush (like the MAC 212), but I reckon my angled liner brush from Ecotools works a treat.

This discussion has been closed.