As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ah did naht hit her! Ah did naht! Oh, hai [Chat]!

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    200% power regen (1 light weapon equipped) Drell Adept in ME3 MP= Civilization
    High regen is the way

Spammin' dem powers
    I use a Carnifex with an Asari adept; thanks to their Asari Adept tree, it only drops the power regen to 190%, and the Carnifex is a fucking awesome weapon.

Desc, you need to run something other than your Sentinel up a few levels. I want to start trying some golds.

I knooow. I just want to ding 20 and promote Sentinel and then never bother with it again.

I would like to PL a vanguard as my "main" for Multi since I promo'd the class already and I like the mechanics. Alternately maybe Soldier?

Infiltrator interests me but I have no sense of the mechanics yet.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Gooey did you ever see the @ I left you with a screenshot of the city! You're never home! THE CHILDREN MISS YOU.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I am looking forward to getting ME2 done so I can start playing ME3 multi!

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    High regen is the way

Spammin' dem powers
    I use a Carnifex with an Asari adept; thanks to their Asari Adept tree, it only drops the power regen to 190%, and the Carnifex is a fucking awesome weapon.

Desc, you need to run something other than your Sentinel up a few levels. I want to start trying some golds.
    I knooow. I just want to ding 20 and promote Sentinel and then never bother with it again.

I would like to PL a vanguard as my "main" for Multi since I promo'd the class already and I like the mechanics. Alternately maybe Soldier?

Infiltrator interests me but I have no sense of the mechanics yet.
    Personally, I think Infiltrator is all about using just a sniper rifle, or maybe a sniper rifle with a very light alternate weapon, and cloaking/cryo blasting your way to victory. I have an 18 Infiltrator, and I'm not a huge fan.

Biggest surprise for me has been Krogan Soldier. Carnage is so fucking awesome; launching rockets across the map every four seconds. So killer. With the Carnifex and a scope, you can snipe, you can murder people nearby with melee (since you're a Krogan), and thanks to Fortification, you can actually take a decent amount of damage. It's not the best at anything, but it's good at just about everything.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    @gooey @skippydumptruck @FormOfMonkey
    Severe Weather Threat: The Storm Prediction Center has placed all of the Hill Country and the Interstate 35 corridor under a MODERATE risk for severe thunderstorms between this morning and early Tuesday morning. There will be a SLIGHT risk for severe storms for areas east of Interstate 35. This morning, the atmosphere over West and Central Texas has become very moist and potentially very unstable. Isolated strong to severe thunderstorms will be possible across the entire region this morning through this afternoon in the unstable air mass. But the main severe weather threat looks to occur late this afternoon into this evening across the Hill Country, this evening up to around midnight across the Central Texas region and after midnight into the hours after daybreak across the coastal plains region.

Severe weather threats will include large hail, damaging downburst winds and large tornadoes. Again, today’s atmosphere is potentially very unstable and supercell thunderstorms are forecast. The severe weather threat will decrease from west to east overnight across the Hill Country and Central Texas regions behind the Pacific cold front. Strong to severe thunderstorms will still be possible across the coastal plains region through late morning on Tuesday.

spool32 on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Thomas, I'm on PC not brobox.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    ME3 multi has been deeply cutting into my ME2 time; I've stopped playing it unless I can get four people together.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2012
    i would dearly like it if games which let you make important decisions let you make those decisions based on the merit of each decision, so that you develop your character and story organically, rather than making those decisions to fill up bars and unlock extra gameplay options.

I mean, if you want your decisions to have a quantitative moral impact, you should a) distinguish several traits, not just a single GOOD DUDE/ASSHOLE spectrum, and have many of those traits be value-neutral, and b) make those traits invisible, background variables that determine how people react to you and what your reputation is.

Also probably c) make your reputation depend on the choices you make that other people could have heard about, not an arbitrary score that seems to represent a glowing halo over your head or devil horns jutting from your brow.

Let players make decisions based on the actual decisions, and don't provide incentives that run counter to that and promote meta-gaming the decisions or strategizing based on bars and meters and points.

ME3 did this just fine, I thought. You gain reputation based on every decision, so you don't have to make a bunch of blue choices to not miss a hard check or whatever. The only time I gave the system any thought at all was when I chose to invest some of my limited resources into being more persuasive, which seems fair to me in an RPG.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Severe Weather Threat: The Storm Prediction Center has placed all of the Hill Country and the Interstate 35 corridor under a MODERATE risk for severe thunderstorms between this morning and early Tuesday morning. There will be a SLIGHT risk for severe storms for areas east of Interstate 35. This morning, the atmosphere over West and Central Texas has become very moist and potentially very unstable. Isolated strong to severe thunderstorms will be possible across the entire region this morning through this afternoon in the unstable air mass. But the main severe weather threat looks to occur late this afternoon into this evening across the Hill Country, this evening up to around midnight across the Central Texas region and after midnight into the hours after daybreak across the coastal plains region.

Severe weather threats will include large hail, damaging downburst winds and large tornadoes. Again, today’s atmosphere is potentially very unstable and supercell thunderstorms are forecast. The severe weather threat will decrease from west to east overnight across the Hill Country and Central Texas regions behind the Pacific cold front. Strong to severe thunderstorms will still be possible across the coastal plains region through late morning on Tuesday.

eek

going to put the car in the garage tonight

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Gooey did you ever see the @ I left you with a screenshot of the city! You're never home! THE CHILDREN MISS YOU.

i did see, dude!

i need to take a screenshot of little sarksville

we are an industrious town of 3,000 or so, but we have a close-knit community!!!

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Gooey wrote: »

i did see, dude!

we are an industrious town of 3,000 or so, but we have a close-knit community!!!

Gooeyville II is even bigger now with a population of 40k and 75k in the bank.

Then I asked DK about his city and it's the year twenty-six fucking hundred and he built over a 100 $200,000 arcologies and they launched into space.

Sarksus on
  • Options

eek

going to put the car in the garage tonight

yikes no kidding

it is supposed to be terrible all day tomorrow for us

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    I seriously cannot watch Jesus Camp. I watched it once and I moped around depressed for days.

I stopped watching about half way through, my brain just couldn't take the horror anymore.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

i did see, dude!

is that where the army of sarksus clones is being manufactured

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Get on it, Slacker.
    Although, seriously, ME3 multiplayer doesn't spoil the single player game at all, so sack up and play with us.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    We're getting mild showers in Houston.

*reclines in chair*
    *refuses to move car under awning*

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

High regen is the way

Spammin' dem powers

Yes when richard explained this to me last night in the nicest way possible without calling me a fucking moron for carrying a geth shotgun, a light went off in my head

and I realized I had been doing it wrong.

It broke me as a person, but it changed everything.
    Well, weight is a new mechanic to the series so it's not dumb -- I run pretty light on my single player vanguard for the sake of spamming charge damage / nova now and it works pretty well for mobility. At first I was carrying around too much junk, too. A Geth shotty is just too damn heavy to bring with even though I understand the philosophy (close range "get this thing off me" for a squishy class).

For adept it makes sense to go light for regen. I should probably drop my pistol on the engineer I used in our bronze game and just use the SMG and incinerate spam.
    I use the Geth shotgun and the M-57 Falcon assault rifle (the one that shoots grenades; it's super-heavy) with my Krogan Sentinel which I frequently go entire rounds without ever firing, if only because I don't have any cooldowns on him at all. Rage, Tech Armor (that I never, ever blow up), and Inferno Grenades is all I need. Well, that, and the Krogan heavy melee.

I don't think there's anything else in the game that can one-shot a Geth Pyro.

I love the Falcon so much. So damn much. I have a scope on mine.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    We're getting mild showers in Houston.

*reclines in chair*
    *refuses to move car under awning*

its supposed to be bad tomorrow!

hopefully everywhere will flood and i can work from home

(finish me1)

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2012
    it is seventy degrees here in March

which is pretty rad, since KC normally gets that horrible windchill from the plains to the west, but I am terrified that this means we're in for five straight months of 100+ degree weather.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Meanwhile, today we had some snow.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Add me on the brobox guys! I'm not deadweight. I promise!

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Guys, what's this all about?: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

I can't find any kind of review of the order that isn't heavily slanted to the right. As far as I can tell it's based on a 60 year old law?

Basically the act covers alot of things. But in this case it's being used for a bio-fuel initivative. Basically it allows the President to sign off on certain DoD projects with long term strategic implications. It's been used before, it's why we have a titanium mining industry in the US. It's also used for DPA projects which are research. In this case he's requested the DoD work with several other agencies. Are they doing the crazy "THE UN IS COMING" freak out or calling it a boondoggle?

Well, some are getting excited because it sounds like the EO gives the government sweeping powers to confiscate any property.

It reminds me of Canada's War Measures Act, which pretty much gives the government carte blanche to do what it likes during a crisis.

EDIT: Which is not something I freak out about - virtually every country has something like this on the books.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I use the Geth shotgun and the M-57 Falcon assault rifle (the one that shoots grenades; it's super-heavy) with my Krogan Sentinel which I frequently go entire rounds without ever firing, if only because I don't have any cooldowns on him at all. Rage, Tech Armor (that I never, ever blow up), and Inferno Grenades is all I need. Well, that, and the Krogan heavy melee.

Yeah, it's pretty killer. I have a scope on mine, too, along with grade-4 recoil suppression. Really fucking nice.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

*gasp*

• Options
    ME3 multi really doesn't have any ME2 spoilers?

I think I'm going to move my "working from home" from the PC to the iPad for a bit, and fire up my xbox for more ME2...

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Gotta say, I thought I would have trouble coming up with things to use my iPad for. This has not been the case at all! I am playing Infinity Blade and using the excellent IM clients, web browsing, and streaming video from my media server, both at home and on the road. Also, Garage Band's virtual instruments are incredible!

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Guys, what's this all about?: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

I can't find any kind of review of the order that isn't heavily slanted to the right. As far as I can tell it's based on a 60 year old law?

Basically the act covers alot of things. But in this case it's being used for a bio-fuel initivative. Basically it allows the President to sign off on certain DoD projects with long term strategic implications. It's been used before, it's why we have a titanium mining industry in the US. It's also used for DPA projects which are research. In this case he's requested the DoD work with several other agencies. Are they doing the crazy "THE UN IS COMING" freak out or calling it a boondoggle?

Well, some are getting excited because it sounds like the EO gives the government sweeping powers to confiscate any property.

It reminds me of Canada's War Measures Act, which pretty much gives the government carte blanche to do what it likes during a crisis.

EDIT: Which is not something I freak out about - virtually every country has something like this on the books.
    The government has sweeping powers to confiscate any property; it's called "eminent domain."

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Has ... has that ever happened before in Sweden?

• Options
    Gotta say, I thought I would have trouble coming up with things to use my iPad for. This has not been the case at all! I am playing Infinity Blade and using the excellent IM clients, web browsing, and streaming video from my media server, both at home and on the road.

spongebobthiscantbe.jpg

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

I think I'm going to move my "working from home" from the PC to the iPad for a bit, and fire up my xbox for more ME2...

I suppose it would spoil the types of enemies you end up facing in the game, but I don't think that's something that hasn't been spoiled by... every commercial, trailer, and discussion about the game ever. There are absolutely no story spoilers though. All the multiplayer classes are just generic characters, not story characters. No events happen. It's pretty much just good old fashioned mayhem.

Also, I'm pissed I didn't get a chance to clear reaper on silver :( Made it to wave 10 twice. Each time we had a really low level person that we just couldn't carry through.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options

If you have an exceedingly liberal definition of "spoilers," yes, it spoils some things. A few mechanics, and a minor, very broad, general spoiler re: what factions you are fighting. Really, though, nothing that I even consider a spoiler, and I have a pretty liberal definition of that.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    OK folks, back later!

spool32 on
  • Options
    wazilla wrote: »

I suppose it would spoil the types of enemies you end up facing in the game, but I don't think that's something that hasn't been spoiled by... every commercial, trailer, and discussion about the game ever. There are absolutely no story spoilers though. All the multiplayer classes are just generic characters, not story characters. No events happen. It's pretty much just good old fashioned mayhem.

Also, I'm pissed I didn't get a chance to clear reaper on silver :( Made it to wave 10 twice. Each time we had a really low level person that we just couldn't carry through.
    I did that two or three times. I mean, we just played Silver randoms, and hit it a few times.

Should have gotten it on the PC, broseph.

• Options
    One of my favorite directors is finally making another movie!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/18/magazine/whit-stillman-and-the-wasps.html

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

They look up to you.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    @thanatos

sorry that was you.

You and Richard basically sound like clone buddies

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:

It does allow that. It's part of the act. It's not the part being invoked.
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Yeah, it's pretty killer. I have a scope on mine, too, along with grade-4 recoil suppression. Really fucking nice.

I have the extended mag on mine. I plan on swapping that out for the high caliber barrel option. Just don't see the need for recoil adjustment on it.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

The only thing that I'd maybe consider spoilery is one of the faction's enemies in the multiplayer game.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    anyone wanna play ME3 multi?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Banshees don't even scare me anymore

With reave at my side they can kiss my ass

This discussion has been closed.