As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Laptop - Bad battery?

deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Got a new Toshiba laptop, win 7. Plugged in for a good 20-30 min before turning on. It was turned on about 20 min ago, still plugged in. The battery icon still reads 0%. Am I not waiting long enough or is something wrong?

Not expecting it to have been fully charged, but higher than 0%...

deathnote666 on

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    It could just be an issue with the battery monitor or associated power management drivers. Have you tried unplugging the cable to see if the laptop works, and changes displays to show a full battery?

If that doesn't work, it's not uncommon for a part on a new machine to fail. You can easily get the battery replaced from your warranty on the laptop if you just bought it.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    I have had a problem with my laptop once or twice in which even if the laptop is charging, the small "using battery power" icon would appear, rebooting would solve it.

You can also try what amateurhour said and just unplug it and see if it's getting any charge at all.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.