As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Only squares like the 80's and 90's... Oh hey Sheri

1111213141517»

• Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh god yes Trippy, I want all that deliciousness. To be real I'm just a gawking admirer. Always want to learn dance but am either too intimidated or feel like I don't have the right environment to stumble through it. But that shit is nice.

That girl is poison.

I need to pilfer your youtube subs or something. All I've really got is Yak films and a couple bboys.

Edit:
    tumblr_m1q8p8fZuI1rsrynk

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I would suggest you do a search for "red bull bc one".

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Ah yeah I usually browse for the events once yak gets their coverage. Juste Debout, Funkin Stylez, Chelles, KOD and so on. Found a Japanese one called Dance@Hero where U-Min makes an appearance and has some dope coreographies too.

I have to say I'm not into the electro and tutting stuff so much though. I like the legs moving more than the arms, if it's going to be one or the other.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Milli Vanilli or however you spell it

Got busted lip-syching a live performance. Careers ruined. Now, it's the norm. All solo pop singers lip-synch, and nobody cares.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Red Bull has been putting up their BC One events on their own channel, but it's mixed with all the other events they throw, so you'd have to search. I remember attending the Red Bull BC One 2009 event in NYC, which was awesome.

Here's a good channel to follow.

http://www.youtube.com/user/310XT

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

Got busted lip-syching a live performance. Careers ruined. Now, it's the norm. All solo pop singers lip-synch, and nobody cares.

lip-syncing in and of itself wasn't the problem

it was that the lip-syncing gaffe brought to light that somebody else was doing the singing in all of their songs

• Options
    edited March 2012
    TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    If I ever got two cats I'm rather certain I'd name them Kid n' Play

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    also the real best thing about the 80's and 90's is all the horror anthology shows.

the best of which was monsters

Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnE3-0X-174

Remember the episode where the guy got weight-loss glasses, and what it did when he put them on was make it so he could talk to and become friends with all of his foods.

And eventually he starves to death because everything screams and cries as he tries to eat it.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I believe the episode ends with him dead in his kitchen, surrounded by rotten fruit. After having sewn his mouth shut.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    BYToady wrote: »
    also the real best thing about the 80's and 90's is all the horror anthology shows.

the best of which was monsters

Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnE3-0X-174

Remember the episode where the guy got weight-loss glasses, and what it did when he put them on was make it so he could talk to and become friends with all of his foods.

And eventually he starves to death because everything screams and cries as he tries to eat it.

No, but that sounds hilarious.

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Couldn't he just take the glasses off?

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    well like, once you know that your food is all alive and screaming you're still not gonna wanna eat them

• Options
  • Options
    Rogue cursed item rules, he couldn't remove them because he didn't have a scroll or wand of remove curse.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Should have thrown them down in the doorway to his living room and tried to get his dog to walk over them.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    How does she have a weight problem if all she's eating is pears and apples and bananas and shit?

• Options
    Haha I remembered so much of that one random episode, but got the gender wrong.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    metz just posted the soundtrack to supernatural

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Another 90s flashback just triggered in me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEaC8qjV30c

Between this, Ahh, Real Monsters and Trapdoor (to name a few) I never realised that there was a lot of weird and wonderful shows in my childhood.

So thank you, this thread (I honestly went, 'bump... bump in the night.... WAIT').

• Options
    Tales from the Crypt was always a fun watch.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Aaaaah what am I doing clicking related videos I am being overwhelmed by nostalgia.

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

lip-syncing in and of itself wasn't the problem

it was that the lip-syncing gaffe brought to light that somebody else was doing the singing in all of their songs

And what so many performers do today isn't full on lip sync. They sing with a live mic over the studio recorded or a newly recorded fill vocal. Usually because it's hard to sing full-voiced, on key in a different venue with different acoustics and quality of sound monitoring every night while trying to do a bunch of dance choreography. And back in the day they just did that with one of the onstage backup singers. Now, it's just easier to do it with a tempo-locked recording instead of dragging one more person out on tour, because so much of the music is electronic as opposed to a live, re-purposed jazz band.

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    On a related note, because of studio production trends in the 90s, many alternative and grunge albums featured noises, effects, and even musical passages that were impossible to reproduce live, so when a lot of the more popular bands of the day went on tour, they'd also play along with pre-recorded segments.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    metz just posted the soundtrack to supernatural

or as sammy would call it, the greatest hits of mullet rock :3c