As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Chat Thread: Patch 5.0 on August 28th! Change your passwords.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, this build has a *ton* more bugs than the last one, it's crazy.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    My favorite bug is the troll female's animations being set to the wrong states, so she dances constantly when standing and attacks when running. Second favorite bug is the giant pink cubes which can be turned off by dropping the view distance to Good.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Buddies wrote: »
    I really hope that the feel of Warrior Tanking doesn't change too much. My friends would likely be pretty upset with me if I said "Fuck that, I ain't playing my warrior anymore" since I am the only person that actually likes to Tank and prefers it over anything else.

Same here Buddies. When they said that warriors have infinate pool of rage and so they are changing it to dmg done only I cringed a little. Am I the only tank that has HS and IF on his bars for rage dumping? I hope they dont mess up the class.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So I spent last night getting the 500 chocolates (well, technically 400 since I did the first 100 the night before) for that new mount. God I fucking hate Noblegarden. *sigh* At least I'm done. I want to get the new black/pink circlets but those are only 50 chocolates each so that's not a huge hassle.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SelectaSelecta Registered User regular
    Let's say I signed up for the annual pass in November and Blizzard has since pissed me off for one reason or another and I want to unsub. What happens then, do they just take the mount and Diablo 3 off my battlenet account or am I stuck paying them until the year ends? I don't seem to remember signing a contract exactly, and that it was more like "if you stick around for this year you can keep all these things".

MNWGRdm.png
    PSN: Hellcore- Steam MWO: Hellcore
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    I believe they just remove the goodies from your account.

• Options
    PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    Exactly. If you decide the cancel annual pass before the year is up, Blizzard will revoke annual pass rewards & privileges.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    The cancellation option is actually removed from your account. You'd have to call into Billing and explain why you want to cancel. if it's in their list of "valid reasons" then they'll let you cancel.

But yeah, when you select the annual pass there's a line there stating something along the lines of "You agree to keep your account active for 12 months"

• Options
    SelectaSelecta Registered User regular
    Oh man I actually get to talk to someone about it? Nice.

MNWGRdm.png
    PSN: Hellcore- Steam MWO: Hellcore
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to make a beta guild called /tar Edict of whatever it is. The clusterfuck going on in the Pandaren starting area because of that bug is hilarious.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Selecta wrote: »
    Oh man I actually get to talk to someone about it? Nice.

Good luck, last I heard it's gotta be something hardship related or going into the military.

MuddBudd wrote: »
    I think I'm going to make a beta guild called /tar Edict of whatever it is. The clusterfuck going on in the Pandaren starting area because of that bug is hilarious.

Shouldn't that be "/c Edict?" :P

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    naengwen wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Fuck Internet Explorer to hell. Wait, hell is too good for it. Fuck Internet Explorer to 4.0 Tol Barad.

Pick yer poison.
    http://www.ie6countdown.com/
    http://www.theie7countdown.com/
    http://www.theie8countdown.com/
    http://www.theie9countdown.com/

Any strict date of release for MoP yet?
    I don't understand what I'm supposed to do with those links.

No release date. I'm predicting August though.

• Options
    Beta's introduced a new bug: if you log out in bird form upon login you're in caster form. I didn't check to see if it happened for all forms or just birdform though.

• Options
    and yet the respawn bug still isn't fixed yet :\

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Buddies wrote: »
    I really hope that the feel of Warrior Tanking doesn't change too much. My friends would likely be pretty upset with me if I said "Fuck that, I ain't playing my warrior anymore" since I am the only person that actually likes to Tank and prefers it over anything else.

Same here Buddies. When they said that warriors have infinate pool of rage and so they are changing it to dmg done only I cringed a little. Am I the only tank that has HS and IF on his bars for rage dumping? I hope they dont mess up the class.

To too gave up on tanking on my warrior in the 4.0 pre Cata patch when I saw how awful it was to tank then
    I would get kicked from groups and still do on my warriors when I give them tips about tanking

Last year when I had 7 alts that needed to get the rabbit pet and a new mage for the book I got really burned out on noblegarden so I really have no idea if I want to do it since everywhere I go is full of people

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Bloodhoof isn't bad for the eggs, got the mount(inside an egg) and pet the first morning. A few of the eggs spawn -under- the water troughs and no one ever picks those up.

• Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    Bloodhoof isn't bad for the eggs, got the mount(inside an egg) and pet the first morning. A few of the eggs spawn -under- the water troughs and no one ever picks those up.

I hate you. I got the pet from an egg today but I bought the damn thing on the first day and the AH is flooded with them. Hopefully I'll get the mount but then what will I do with the 500 candies I'm farming up :/.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    SammichSammich Registered User regular
    So did they now invite everyone who has a BNET account to the MOP beta? I got an email over the weekend said i was in. I havent been subbed in months. Probably a fake. Havent bothered checking. If it was real id have given someone here access if it wasnt tied to my BNET account :(

• Options
    Bloodhoof is a huge area for farming eggs mindlessly
    but then I just make lap after lap in falconwing

I think I am going to go farm at least two rabbits for my monk and new rogue for mists

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

I think I am going to go farm at least two rabbits for my monk and new rogue for mists

You don't need to farm the extra rabbits for your characters since pets will be going account wide then.

• Options
    During my 500 eggs I got 1 Elegant Dress, 2 Spring Dresses, 2 sets of Tuxedos, 3 Pets, and 5 Branches

• Options
    Opty wrote: »
    During my 500 eggs I got 1 Elegant Dress, 2 Spring Dresses, 2 sets of Tuxedos, 3 Pets, and 5 Branches

I think i was something like: 2 pets, 2 branches, 4 spring dresses, 3 sets of tuxedos here :P

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I'ma have to log in late and hit the exodar ones, I guess

apparently that is the way to go

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, after the beta patch when I logged into my Shaman, who apparently had been flying over Org, I appeared not on my mount. Unfortunately I hadn't practiced my rocket jump to avoid falling damage in a while, so I smashed into the ground.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I farmed over 600 eggs and got no mount and only a single pet. Everything else I got 5ish times each.

• Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Oh yeah, after the beta patch when I logged into my Shaman, who apparently had been flying over Org, I appeared not on my mount. Unfortunately I hadn't practiced my rocket jump to avoid falling damage in a while, so I smashed into the ground.

I don't think this is new. I logged out in the air over SW either in the beginning or after the first patch and when I logged back in I was falling.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    Finally finished all this Noblegarden crap. Teldrassil seemed like the best place. Not a ton of people there, but enough for the eggs to respawn pretty quick. I had one of the houses camped pretty hard a couple nights ago when I farmed up the 500 (ugg) chocolates for the mount. Then last night I farmed an extra 100 for the new Pink and Black Circlets.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Is Jade Forest still the only area open on Pandaria?

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    I finished all the Noblegarden stuff the first day(surprisingly enough). One more holiday down. And since I don't really care about any of the new goodies I can ignore the rest of this holiday.
    /relief

• Options
    BolognaOniBolognaOni Registered User regular
    I can't believe I went back to egg hunting to get the mount. Egg farming has got to be some of the worst holiday content out there. Well, I am done with it for a year or two, at least until they add something else!

I did manage to finish most of it while waiting for DPS LFG queues to pop, so it wasn't too bad I guess...

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »

You don't need to farm the extra rabbits for your characters since pets will be going account wide then.

I have two account so it's bascially covering my bases

Egg farming is bascially where I watch tv or do somethign else at the same time

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Javen wrote: »
    Is Jade Forest still the only area open on Pandaria?

Yup. This last patch didn't seem to do much except break a lot of stuff and add like three new abilities for Rogues (one of which you don't get until level 87 anyways). But hey, Throw is back!

I tried to do a premade horde hunter the other night. So they start out premade hunters in Jade Forest with no pet and nothing in that zone is tamable. Great job Blizzard! Apparently the portals back to Orgrimmar work now (or maybe they always did?) but you need to buy a Rune of Teleportation for some ungodly reason. Why this restriction? Who the hell knows. I spent most of the night hunting for new pets though (sadly none of the rares in Northrend were up except for the parrot).

Also, at least on Horde side they added a new event leading into Pandaria. I guess you start with it because it triggered automatically for me flying over Orgrimmar (it says to go to Garrosh's throne room, guess they forgot to check Y axis :P). You then proceed to take a zeppelin to Jade Forest where you get a cutscene of the side of a mountain.... forever. You have to close out the game and then when you log in, hit your hearthstone really really quick before the cutscene triggers or you will be stuck forever. Fun times!

Also there are now giant pink boxes everywhere if your view distance is set above "Good"... so *shrug*

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    BolognaOni wrote: »
    I can't believe I went back to egg hunting to get the mount. Egg farming has got to be some of the worst holiday content out there. Well, I am done with it for a year or two, at least until they add something else!

I did manage to finish most of it while waiting for DPS LFG queues to pop, so it wasn't too bad I guess...

Egg farming is nowhere near Children's Week, I have 4 words for you: School of Hard Knocks.

• Options

Egg farming is nowhere near Children's Week, I have 4 words for you: School of Hard Knocks.

Yeah the mad rush for the flag in AB and the fights and words said in front of the children in WSG

• Options

School of Hard Knocks is not hard. I don't know why everyone bitches about this. The hardest one is probably AV just because of the way that BG is setup, but usually people help you out during the holiday and let you cap the flag, then recap, rinse, repeat.

The only thing that's bad about it is how it fucks with PvP games. But at least it's not the tedious bullshit of egg collecting.

• Options
    BolognaOniBolognaOni Registered User regular
    Even if it does turn BGs in to a clusterfuck for a while, I'd much rather go do some BGs for School of Hard Knocks than run around a starting town trying to click on crap before someone else does.

SoHK at least involves, you know, playing the game, interacting with people in the usual MMO fashion. There is just nothing fun, at all, about egg collecting.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    The PvP holiday ones are dumb because a lot of people who don't want to do (and shouldn't be in) battlegrounds end up doing them. They're not having fun there, and their team isn't happy to have their 0 resilience/bad at PvP ass there either.

Also having half the team invested in achievement trading while the other half is invested in trying to win isn't really good for anyone.

• Options
    I wonder if they've ever going to ease up on the completely retarded method of obtaining epic gems.

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

School of Hard Knocks is not hard. I don't know why everyone bitches about this. The hardest one is probably AV just because of the way that BG is setup, but usually people help you out during the holiday and let you cap the flag, then recap, rinse, repeat.

The only thing that's bad about it is how it fucks with PvP games. But at least it's not the tedious bullshit of egg collecting.

General rule of thumb, if it relies on people not being geese in a PVP situation, it's not easy. I can say when I got this on my main back when it was first introduced I never came across a friendly opposite faction person who was helping out with any of them. In later years when I pvped during the holiday I'd see stuff like this:

AV: Everybody and their mom rides to the first tower, then bitches when somebody else caps it. If a friendly opposite faction wants to help out by constantly recapping the tower there's always at least one griefer per side who will make sure to kill them.

WSG: Not so bad if somebody on opposite faction is "helping" by dropping the flag for you, can be pretty ugly if there isn't because everybody will be spam clicking where they expect the flag to drop, and there's always that guy who's trying to grief everybody else on his team by returning all the flags himself.

EotS: Massive scrum in the middle ended when a boomkin or elemental shaman sweeps the cliff. Otherwise probably not that different, just a lot more bitching when you grab the flag to cap it.

AB: See AV, but on a smaller scale.

Meanwhile, egg collecting was fast and I managed to get my 500 eggs in about 2 hours. I wouldn't say I could pull that off with School of Hard Knocks.

• Options
    Yet another addition to the pet/mount store. In this case, a pet version of the gold dragon mount sold a few months earlier

This discussion has been closed.