As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lego Tycho and Gabe now with Ostrich and Unicorn!

glenbrickerglenbricker Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Social Entropy++
There is now a Penny-Arcade project at Cuusoo.
http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/11564

If they get 10,000 supporters then we could see official Lego sets with Tycho and Gabe.

There are a variety of pics so, if you do check it out, make sure to page down past the intro

glenbricker on

• TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    oh

sig.png
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »
    oh

t9migZb.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The chances of that happening are

so

so small

CYpGAPn.png
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'm actually surprised at how little I give a shit

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    you guys don't have to rush to be arseholes

• SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    oh.

t9migZb.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2012
    I know they are lego people but those don't really remind me of Gabe and Tycho at all.

As I actually scroll down the page I see they do look quite a bit like them. I was just looking at that first image.

Gabe's hair is awful though.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I think that visually Tycho and Gabe aren't interesting enough characters to merit custom sets, nor is there frankly a lot you could do with those sets.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

well that's a relief!

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i think the PA continuity has a lot of room for a good LEGO set but those aren't particularly well designed

i'm not sure how CUUSOO works, are we voting on the concept or are we voting on if those specific designs should be produced?

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• glenbrickerglenbricker Registered User regular
    More of a concept than anything. Lego takes what you got and runs with it while trying to stick to the original concept.

This is more of a concept project then most

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Kinda digging Lego Div.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Man I am not trying to be an asshole

but an internet petition to get official LEGO Penny-Arcade things?

c'mon

that ain't happening

CYpGAPn.png
    Actually, the Winchester from Shaun of the Dead is in the top running right now...Lego makes special exceptions for gore and violence when its "Humor"

And No offense taken. I think its an interesting concpet, but I totally agree with you that PA lacks classic Lego set potential. I like the idea of the minifigs with accessories though (middle of the page)

LEGO is also a children's toy company

I doubt Shaun of the Dead or Penny-Arcade are really brands they would like to associate with

CYpGAPn.png
    Lego has offically responded to the Winchester actually...gimme a sec

"Since Shaun of the Dead is a comedy, and you present your work in a humorous fashion, we believe this is within the realm of the LEGO company brand standards on violence. Note that the zombie theme does put this project at the edge of what we produce, however we recognize that the LEGO Group produces other products where themese of violence and death play a significant role.

Please understand that this initial green light does not have an effect on the LEGO Review that will take place if the project reaches 10,000 supporters. The nature of the work would require some significant internal discussion before we make the decision to produce such a set."

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    jabe and ticko are selling out...