As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the Dao of "games journalism"

1939495969799»

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I won't listen to any dissing of the Max Payne series

Unless it's dissing of the movie, because that was ridiculously underwhelming and hate on the movie is well-deserved

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    These are Pharezon opinions, and can easily be discarded.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Man I am so happy to hear those things about the new Max Payne from a dude who was only minorly enamoured with the first two games

That seems like sarcasm on a second read, it is not

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Man I want to start enchanting in Skyrim but I know precisely 2 enchantments

Stamina Damage and Make Undead Flee

Like who gives a shit

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Man I want to start enchanting in Skyrim but I know precisely 2 enchantments

Stamina Damage and Make Undead Flee

Like who gives a shit

Start doing quests and exploring and you'll start finding enchanted items you can disenchant. You'll be swimming in enchants soon.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I picked up three enchanted items in one old-ass fort and they were all Make Undead Flee

I guess these two-bit bandits are really scared of those Draugr

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Double post

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    You will get better stuff. Just don't worry about enchanting til then.

Smithing though.

Smith like the wind.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Wrote me an article.

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Do me a favour and elaborate, Pharezon

Better gunplay? Better atmosphere? Better squelchy sound effects when you shoot people?

All of those things and the writing/narrative are stellar. Way more grounded than the first two which is something I prefer. You may not. The music is also really fantasticanf adds a lot to the atmosphere. I highly recommend it.

hmm

unsure about this claim

the music is good though

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Kind of want to buy it now, although I might just hold off 'til it's cheaper

Anyway feeling kind of shit about not contributing anything to MD since forever so I've got an article about "gamer privilege" in the works (not what you think, it's more to do with in-game actions that we consider to be second nature, skill walls and the casual/hardcore dichotomy and not people being arseholes)

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    GSM wrote: »
    Deus Ex 2: better than 1 & 3 combined.

what parallel dimension have i entered

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Take the time to finish it, Ed.

I wanted to write that bit on the Mass Effect series, but since I decided I don't want to pay the monies for ME 3 yet, I kind of kicked around and did nothing for a while.

Then over the last couple days I got to thinking about the things I really care about and now I've got a whole series of articles laid out in front of me about a bunch of different games.

Making a list of games for the series right now, but the introductory article I cranked out in about 2 hours. Surely you've got 2 hours kickin' around?

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Kind of want to buy it now, although I might just hold off 'til it's cheaper

Anyway feeling kind of shit about not contributing anything to MD since forever so I've got an article about "gamer privilege" in the works (not what you think, it's more to do with in-game actions that we consider to be second nature, skill walls and the casual/hardcore dichotomy and not people being arseholes)
    that sounds rad, give it to me

This discussion has been closed.