Options

Breath of [Phalla] III - Final Day - Teepo's World (Cultist Victory)

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I just feel like I'm only seeing a third of the game. The mafia part I would expect to, you know, not hang out with me. But I expected more from the rest of everyone.... Maybe you guys are just being slow.

It's frustrating 'cause I've got so much, I can just tell there's so much more just outside my vision. Grumble grumble

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Spent some time looking through posts on the magic box and I have come up with this. I am suspicious of romanqwerty, I think I have been suspicious of roman in every phalla Ive played though and im not sure he has ever been mafia...

Roman claims to have gotten hit day one. Why would mafia come out and declare that they got hit by someone? More importantly, if he got hit and didn't die, can we assume he has more than 2 HP and also infer that with more HP usually comes something important to the village?

You are on notice if Roman dies and comes up village special.

He could have gotten hit by a 1hp attack. A mafia might just want to subtly ask for a heal to stay alive longer too; anyone with a heal ability will likely be looking for people to heal

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    There's no reason why mafia couldn't announce that they were hit.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    In other news, what's with the people having 3 posts total? Inactive on day 1, then the bare minimum day 2. I still don't understand why you'd participate in a phalla only to... not participate in the phalla. For example, here is Mojo's entire history in this game: One, Two, Three. That's it. I suspect his next post will look something like this:

"What a day!" And then he's gone for the day.

I'm not saying I think he's mafia, but I wouldn't hold it against anyone to vote/vig someone like that. Then, when they turn up villager, whhhhhhyyyyy were you so quiet?

I too, am guilty.

It wasn't always like this.

I used to be top 3 posters, damning the inactive villagers that were effectively wildcards in the end-game analysis.

Now? Now ... I have become .. what I hated the most

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Hmm, I'm going to go with rEG Rysk for this post . The implication of him being part of a vetting process means he is either a brood or a mafia trying to pose as one? That's what I make of it anywho.

• Options
    You know, it's pretty easy to change. Just post more...

Steam profile
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Taya wrote: »

Just doesn't seem very mafia to me.

edit: to announce they were hit

ObiFett on
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Like this?

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    just a heads up, i'm gonna epic reveal later tonight. i was chatting with inatp before the seer claim. i might've let slip something, and the mafia already knows enough to make me a target.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    Something something @kay in elementalist

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    corvidae wrote: »
    just a heads up, i'm gonna epic reveal later tonight. i was chatting with inatp before the seer claim. i might've let slip something, and the mafia already knows enough to make me a target.

Your logic, it is flawless

Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

Not going to be phalla'ing at work, which leaves me when I return home and scrounge for food - and if I go out that night to meet some people I have about an hour window for interwebs stuff. Quickly skimming through the pages or the magic box for an easy vote. Any vote. No standards. Just like when I go out

What have I become

• Options
    l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    Submit your vote like 45 seconds before close and see what they do!

Do that and you will be next on the chopping block

• Options
    kime wrote: »

Unfortunately, we can't all be kime. A worthy goal to strive for though

• Options

You make it really hard not to vote for you.

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Spent some time looking through posts on the magic box and I have come up with this. I am suspicious of romanqwerty, I think I have been suspicious of roman in every phalla Ive played though and im not sure he has ever been mafia...

Roman claims to have gotten hit day one. Why would mafia come out and declare that they got hit by someone? More importantly, if he got hit and didn't die, can we assume he has more than 2 HP and also infer that with more HP usually comes something important to the village?

You are on notice if Roman dies and comes up village special.

Apparently you skipped the part where I pointed out I always find him suspicious and he never is so I wasnt going to read much into it but sure if he dies and comes up village special take a look at me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Yeah, clearly you should do it at 15 seconds! 45 gives people time to react

• Options

With what army?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »

It could be that he's new (but last time we assumed that, it bit us in the ass in REG's mini), but his posts really scream "quick, I need to post something today!"

The latest? What is he even saying? If kime votes right before close, he's next on the chopping block? Does l3lasphemer control any sort of chopping block we're not aware of. Just a weird dude, maybe.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sorry, it's l3lasphemer69.

Figgy on
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    You just want all the newsletters, Smoove.

Good, good. Let the newsletters flow through you...to me.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options

It could be that he's new (but last time we assumed that, it bit us in the ass in REG's mini), but his posts really scream "quick, I need to post something today!"

The latest? What is he even saying? If kime votes right before close, he's next on the chopping block? Does l3lasphemer control any sort of chopping block we're not aware of. Just a weird dude, maybe.

Hell, I'm relatively new and know better than to make vague threats against the semi-confirmed network head that I can't back up.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    In other news, what's with the people having 3 posts total? Inactive on day 1, then the bare minimum day 2. I still don't understand why you'd participate in a phalla only to... not participate in the phalla. For example, here is Mojo's entire history in this game: One, Two, Three. That's it. I suspect his next post will look something like this:

I'm not saying I think he's mafia, but I wouldn't hold it against anyone to vote/vig someone like that. Then, when they turn up villager, whhhhhhyyyyy were you so quiet?

I too, am guilty.

I used to be top 3 posters, damning the inactive villagers that were effectively wildcards in the end-game analysis.

If I ever get to be a vig, I am murdering all low-posting players, because you're either mafia or allowing mafia to hide, while simultaneously endangering the village specials because the mafia thought process is "Hm, these people are not posting. They are also not us, so they might be specials."

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options

He is pretty new. This thread is half his posts

• Options
    The last time someone new got let off was ObiFett.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Alegis wrote: »

I too, am guilty.

If I ever get to be a vig, I am murdering all low-posting players, because you're either mafia or allowing mafia to hide, while simultaneously endangering the village specials because the mafia thought process is "Hm, these people are not posting. They are also not us, so they might be specials."

But that's why phalla is so intriguing. You can't just develop a rule and stick to it, because people are involved. And people can do almost anything.

Are the low post-counts mafia trying to hide? Are they vanillagers feeling out the game? Are they village specials trying not to stick their neck out and get hit?

Statistically, you could say it's a good move to kill em all and see who dies red, but you're likely going to take out 1/4 of your village that way. And then, you've only taken out the most quiet mafia. Nothing to really analyze afterwards.

• Options
    Your job as a villager is to analyze. The only way to analyze things is to have people post. The only way for village specials to stay hidden is to have noise to hide in. The only way to catch mafia in lies is to make them post.

You post, or you die.

• Options
    Your job as a villager is to analyze. The only way to analyze things is to have people post. The only way for village specials to stay hidden is to have noise to hide in. The only way to catch mafia in lies is to make them post.

You post, or you die.

Vig them all, let the host sort 'em out.

• Options

You post, or you die.

I completely agree with you. But again, it never happens that way. We still have 11 players in the single-digit post counts.

• Options

You post, or you die.
    I agree, except that it's much more effective to catch them with vote analysis than trying to catch them up with lies. That has a higher chance for false positives

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

You post, or you die.
    I agree, except that it's much more effective to catch them with vote analysis than trying to catch them up with lies. That has a higher chance for false positives

And you'll have a better chance with that if you force them to provide a reason for their vote.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular

You post, or you die.

I choose death! Wait wait, I meant post!

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

The mafia would come out and claim they were hit to get guards and heals on them. Looking at my Sigil game, a high percentage of village healing and guarding went to the mafia. I think the point of having default be 2 HP be so that there can be 1 HP attacks.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

You post, or you die.

And you'll have a better chance with that if you force them to provide a reason for their vote.

We appear to be having a pretty decent chunk that haven't even provided a VOTE, if I'm remembering correctly. Which throws a whole other wrench in the... thing that doesnt like wrenches.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    With Kime's words and my general suspicions I will vote romanqwerty and feel moderately bad if he comes up villager.

But it will be an extreme moderate I promise.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Hrm, just realized that sounded wrong; Kime said he had nothing to go off of now is what I meant. He did not endorse my vote.

• Options

You post, or you die.

We appear to be having a pretty decent chunk that haven't even provided a VOTE, if I'm remembering correctly. Which throws a whole other wrench in the... thing that doesnt like wrenches.
    The....trap?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Your job as a villager is to analyze. The only way to analyze things is to have people post.
    Very much yes. By posting reasoning and checking those of others or the vote. The latter being my favorite but I don't think there's not much juice to go around yet.

Making 0 posts or 5 posts about giving cake to kime doesn't really make a difference in my mind. Gut feeling schmut feeling.

• Options
    No kime I can't let you have the cake!

• Options
    Irony!

Steam profile