As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Winchester Boys

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited April 2012 in Social Entropy++
SupernaturalLogo-11.jpg

The story of 2 brothers who are trained as kids to hunt demons by their father who is obsessed with finding and killing the demon that killed their mother. When their father goes missing on a hunt, they are forced to team back up to search for him.

Sam Winchester

Sam%20Winchester.JPG

The smarter and younger of the two Winchester brothers. He's the nice guy with the boy next door good looks. He leaves law school to reconnect with his brother to help find their missing father. A tragedy later on gets him back in the hunting business full-time. Portrayed by Jared Padalecki whom you might remember as Rory's first boyfriend in Gilmore Girls (I know I do)

Dean Winchester

dean-winchester-mobile-wallpaper.jpg

He smolders with generic rage. He's the bad boy of the group. Doesn't take crap from anyone. Looks death in the face and makes a snarky comment. He's the older of the brothers and definitely a lot less moral then his younger brother Sam. He is old enough to remember the tragedy that took their Mom and is a lot closer to their father as he has spent his entire life hunting with him. Played by Jensen Ackles which is sort of a ridiculous name.

John Winchester

240px-John_winchester.jpg

The father of the main characters, he goes missing on a hunt which forces the brothers to get back together to search for him. He watched his wife get murdered by a demon and dedicated his life to tracking and killing said demon, dragging his two young children into a difficult life hunting spirits. Played by the always awesome Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

Basically every episode revolves around the brothers hunting some sort of mythological spirit, wendigos, shape-shifters, ghosts, angry spirits, reapers, etc... There are 6 seasons on Netflix right now and the 7th season is currently airing right now with just a couple of episodes left to go.

My wife and I started watching this a couple of weeks ago kind of on a whim and it's been a very pleasant surprise. We are about halfway through season 2 right now but I've had a lot of the future spoiled for me already by so called "friends" who like to run their damn mouths!!!

Anyway, talk about the show, try to label spoilers even if they did happen 5 years ago or whatever.

Raijin Quickfoot on

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    YES YES I love this show

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Good show. I'm way behind though,I think. Don't remember whether or not I finished the fourth season

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, I'm only on the second season but I've already had a lot of stuff spoiled for me. Doesn't ruin anything though because frankly, I love the individual episode stories a lot more than the overall story so having that spoiled isn't a big deal

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    gonna go against everything everyone else says but keep watching after season 5, especially if you like the individual story episodes

season 6 and the current season 7 has some good stuff

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    I definitely plan on watching all of it. It's just slow going because I can only watch when my wife and I are both home and that just isn't that common of an event these days.

• Options
    also season 3 is the best, no one can argue this ever

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    Like most of these sorts of shows, it takes a little while to get past the monster of the week formula and start bringing in more mythology/continuity but once it does that it's a lot of fun.

• Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    oh my god I have watched too much of this show on netflix lately

I basically watched seasons 2-5 last week

• Options
    ya'll so 2000 and late to this show dagnabbit

except dmac

dmac is cool

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not going to lie...it's on the CW and I don't watch anything on the CW so I never bothered.

• Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Mystery Spot is probably one of my favorite episodes

there's some great stuff in season 4 and on into 5, especially as Cas starts to loosen up

• Options
    raijin you so judgemental

why you hate the white people network so much

i bet you didn't watch reaper either

you are the reason my life doesn't have new episodes of reaper anymore, aren't you?

raijn

I hate you, raijin

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I love

this show

Sweet sweet castiel

Also def agree with TLB in that everyone should keep watching past season 5. The main season bd guys are kinda blah but some of the reent standalone episodes have been phenomenal. They have to fight a ghost that can only be seen when you're stone cold drunk! They fight amazons!

Also I feel like its been a while since we've seen the ghostfacers

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Yeah, Mystery Spot is probably one of my favorite episodes

there's some great stuff in season 4 and on into 5, especially as Cas starts to loosen up

Season 4 has the best episode of the series

but Season 3 is the best season because goddamn Jus In Bello

Just goddamn that episode

7656367.jpg
  • Options

you are the reason my life doesn't have new episodes of reaper anymore, aren't you?

raijn

I hate you, raijin

I'll give the CW a chance now that I've liked one of the shows on there. Technically, I watch Vampire Diaries on the CW as well but that's only because it's on when I'm home because my wife is in love with the damn show.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    lostwords wrote: »
    I love

this show

Sweet sweet castiel

Also def agree with TLB in that everyone should keep watching past season 5. The main season bd guys are kinda blah but some of the reent standalone episodes have been phenomenal. They have to fight a ghost that can only be seen when you're stone cold drunk! They fight amazons!

Also I feel like its been a while since we've seen the ghostfacers

Didn't they take that to a web series spinoff kind of thing? I remember just watching a commercial for that in the middle of a regular episode

edit: http://www.thewb.com/shows/ghostfacers

freakish light on
  • Options
    Those guys come back later on? Awesome. I've only seen them in one episode so far.

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I never watch web exclusive junk for any shows. Just wanna see them hang with the boys. Maybe join up with Becky the superfan

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    the ghostfacers webshow is on the season 5 dvd

7656367.jpg
  • Options

raijn

I hate you, raijin

I'll give the CW a chance now that I've liked one of the shows on there. Technically, I watch Vampire Diaries on the CW as well but that's only because it's on when I'm home because my wife is in love with the damn show.

still hate you raijin

you took leeland palmer devil away from me

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    freak season 7 can't be on dvd if it isn't finished yet

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    The humor episodes of this show are pretty much universally phenomenal.

• Options
    I just looked to see if season 7 was on DVD cause it's not on netflix, and there's fucking spoilers in the first sentence of the description

goddamnit

• Options

raijn

I hate you, raijin

still hate you raijin

But I made this thread!!

• Options

I have no concept of when these episodes are airing, alright? I'm just marathoning it on netflix, I don't even have basic cable

Maybe if you had read the actual OP!

• Options

I have no concept of when these episodes are airing, alright? I'm just marathoning it on netflix, I don't even have basic cable

• Options

Maybe if you had read the actual OP!

who reads things anymore

not me, man. not me.

• Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    DMAC wrote: »
    Like most of these sorts of shows, it takes a little while to get past the monster of the week formula and start bringing in more mythology/continuity but once it does that it's a lot of fun.

But I honestly prefer Monster of the Week to continuity and season arcs
    It's why Primeval became so awful after a fun first season
    Or why later X-Files is equally lacklustre

• Options
    Personface wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »

But I honestly prefer Monster of the Week to continuity and season arcs
    It's why Primeval became so awful after a fun first season
    Or why later X-Files is equally lacklustre

I like the monster of the week stuff too but I think that if you don't have that bigger picture stuff, MotW gets boring pretty quickly.

• Options
    Yeah, Supernatural seems to do a good job blending monster of the week with a longer narrative. If you don't have the background stuff then there is no incentive to keep watching the show, or to watch it in an semblance of an order.

• Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    I liked the first season or so also, because I noticed they often tried fresh things with the hunts instead of constantly reusing a single formula or two.

Also I drewed them:
    supernatural___the_winchester_bros_by_michaelfirman-d4ug9i2.jpg

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options

raijn

I hate you, raijin

still hate you raijin

But I made this thread!!

a minor pittance compared to what you stole from me

7656367.jpg
  • Options

raijn

I hate you, raijin

still hate you raijin

But I made this thread!!

If I could turn back the hands of time I would.

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i was JUST ABOUT to watch this last night but then an adorable transgender anime happened BUT THEN I WAS GOING TO WATCH IT AFTER but then a hilarious kdrama happened BUT I AM GOING TO DO IT NOW OK AND THEN YOU CAN STOP HOLDING YOUR BREATHS FOR MY OPINION ON RACIST GHOST TRUCKS

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I love this show.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options

raijn

I hate you, raijin

still hate you raijin

But I made this thread!!

If I could turn back the hands of time I would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEszTzdUMcY

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Also, Dean is better than Sam in every way.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

My wife disagrees. There was a scene where Sam came out of the shower with nothing but a towel around his waist and I swear she got the vapors.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    He's Batman.

sig.gif
  • Options
    mensch watch an american thing right away

7656367.jpg