Options

[Xenoblade Chronicles X] looks to be a pretty good game.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Have they actually said there's no multiplayer yet? I can't remember.

They've specifically said that there is multiplayer. And not elaborated on that at all.

They talked up going out and hunting monsters for things to make the city better in a recent direct so that's a pretty good guess, probably something similar in structure to Monster Hunter.

If that is what they're doing I hope the sidequests are a bit more involved than in the first one.

Care Free Bomb on
    8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I like almost everything I'm seeing here, except for the character faces.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    I like almost everything I'm seeing here, except for the character faces.

That is exactly how I felt about Xenoblade.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Yeah I'd take Xenoblade's flat animated gif faces over these

Everyone has a case of anime baby face

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Well, what can I say? They listened to the fans about the faces.

A problem is that "new" is a word frequently used in advertising, usually in conjunction with a flashy little "bang"-type graphic, at least around here, and that this packaging has the "new" on a separate line from the "NINTENDO 3DS", surrounded by a colourful aura that excludes the "NINTENDO 3DS".

The "U" in "Wii U" wasn't already in generic usage.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Go ahead and say it's dumb, but I still think naming your third console 'one' after calling your second console '360' is more confusing.

The more attractive part of the direct for me was the announcement that they were putting Wii games up for download.
    I assume it'll be a while, since they won't want to take away from the n3DS release, but having original Xenoblade on my gamepad appeals more to me, unless the n3DS version really knocks it out of the park on extra features.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    edit: whoops should have checked previous page.

JPN release end of April.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/xenoblade_chronicles_x_hits_japan_on_29th_april

Kriegaffe on
  • Options
    XBox One is a different situation, because it used a name that was already occupied in common speech by the first XBox.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-introduces-3-key-characters/
    With the latest Nintendo Direct happening yesterday alot of information has been surfacing about some of the most anticipated titles of the year and Xenoblade Chronicles X is definitely no exception.

The official Xenoblade Chronicles X website has been updated to introduce three key characters.

QCHLe97.png

Elma, is a team leader of a private military organization known as BLADE. Her temperament is quite calm, and composed with a keen sense judgement and insight and seems to be well respected by her fellow members of BLADE.

AWEIgd0.png

Lynlee, is a mechanic and member of BLADE. She is young, at only 13 years old she is considered a prodigy who has been developing a combat robot called “Doll”.

hTqdcUj.png

Tatsu, is a member of the Nopon race. He will be your companion and under your care after certain events transpire in the game. A little silly and occassionaly empty headed, his words at times will seem as if he is the one protecting you.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Hoo boy them's some bad designs

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    I just hope they make the quest system a bit easier to follow. Finding shitheads that were only available at night that wandered around was a huge pain in the ass. On top of the fact that you had to run around and talk to everyone a billion times for some quests, it just got overwhelming. I wasted more time running around like a dumbass than anything else.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

really japan?

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

really japan?

I'm pretty sure it's a law over there that every video game must include a genius teenaged girl.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Child prodigies are kind of a staple of science fiction

The original Xenoblade didn't have one, though

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    She'll be 15 over here (EU/US) if the same localization company/team gets the job.

EDIT: Huh. Can't find stuff online about this. Either my memory is failing, or my google-fu is weak. Was pretty sure they aged Shulk by two years for the EU release. ... Maybe I'm thinking of another game. Bravely Default, maybe?)

Ark Evensong on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

And they're all the fuck over anime. I'm pretty sick of them to be honest.

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    I'm having flashbacks to the last Star Ocean game, 'kay?

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Young characters like that will either be aged up or references to their age will be removed entirely. That's my guess.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    She'll be 15 over here (EU/US) if the same localization company/team gets the job.

EDIT: Huh. Can't find stuff online about this. Either my memory is failing, or my google-fu is weak. Was pretty sure they aged Shulk by two years for the EU release. ... Maybe I'm thinking of another game. Bravely Default, maybe?)

It definitely happened more or less across the board in Bravely Default. Not as sure on Xenoblade; they all seemed adult enough but I don't remember if the Japanese release was different.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Tairu wrote: »
    I'm having flashbacks to the last Star Ocean game, 'kay?

AAAAAAAARRRGGGH!!!

I had just managed to repress that particular bit of the game. So thanks for that.

• Options
    Young characters like that will either be aged up or references to their age will be removed entirely. That's my guess.

W

Why would they do th-

oh right

the bikinis

Well maybe they won't be in this game

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

W

Why would they do th-

oh right

the bikinis

Bets, anyone?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

W

Why would they do th-

oh right

the bikinis

Bets, anyone?

Who bets against creepy things from Japan?

I guess they could actually make her look older too (taller model mainly), which would make it far less creepy (than just the oh shes older handwave).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    All I know is i'm gonna make the main character just look rugged and ugly as fuck, male or female

Actually, i'm not sure i've heard yet, can you make a female avatar in this?

• Options
    All I know is i'm gonna make the main character just look rugged and ugly as fuck, male or female

I believe they showed that option during E3?

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

I believe they showed that option during E3?

They did.

• Options

YES AWESOME MORE

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

really japan?

I'm pretty sure it's a law over there that every video game must include a genius teenaged girl.

I also meant that that character model... does not look 13 in the least.

Just seems to have been given the age of 13 because that's the youngest teen year possible but while looking like a young adult animu chick.

BUT IT SURE AS FK WON'T STOP ME FROM PLAYING THE SHIT OUT OF THE GAME!

• Options

Shulk skirts that line pretty closely.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

18 years old. The absolute youngest you can have a character who can be considered an 'adult'.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Shulk is also smarter than average for reasons.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    He's just an intelligent guy. Not sure there needs to be a reason or explanation for that.

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    He's just an intelligent guy. Not sure there needs to be a reason or explanation for that.

Yeah, he never really does anything impressive on that front. Some side quests involve him fixing stuff for people, but he also seems to help with equipment maintenance, so it's more experience than anything.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    PLA wrote: »

Man no he doesn't

He's an engineer who builds things but he's been doing it since forever, and he doesn't just invent super weapons or some shit

He's not like Jeff from EarthBound or something

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    My physical copy of Xenboblade arrived, suck it New 3DS!

EDIT- Yeah, Japan has problems. You see some fucked up shit when you walk the streets of Rappongi or Akihabara.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

EDIT- Yeah, Japan has problems. You see some fucked up shit when you walk the streets of Rappongi or Akihabara.

Like teenaged boys pulling the clothes off of vampires?

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »

Like teenaged boys pulling the clothes off of vampires?

And teenaged girls pilling the clothes off of vampires!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Introducing the best new character - Jean-Claude Van Damme:

http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-introduces-another-two-characters
    Monolith Soft updated Xenoblade Chronicles X’s website today with another two character profiles. We’re introduced to Irina as well as Van Damme.

jk0Baar.png

Van Damme is a commanding officer of BLADE, with the slight flaw of being sarcastic. He used to work as chief engineer aboard the immigration ship “White Whale”. He is broadminded and overbearing regardless of who he talks to, with his sarcasm as the flaw in the crystal.

mtRmPkh.png

Irina belongs to the private military organization known as “BLADE”. She worked for Elma when she was a part of the United Government Special Operations Unit, which is otherwise known as “Doll Corps”. Irina eventually became a member of BLADE, but even now idolizes Elma as she holds her to the highest esteem. Though she has a strong-minded and frank personality, Irina has a strong sense of duty to protect the people of Planet Mira. Monolith says of the character: “The BLADE member with an overflowing sense of duty”.

• Options
    Van Damme needs less shirt.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Dude has what appears to be a ready access hatch to his crotch.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."