As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pandora's Tower] - Consume the flesh of the Masters.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Wow, this game is really really awesome. Jesus, seeing that poor girl have to eat that gross out tumour-meat was incredibly effective. I really wanna save her now.

Also, Mavda is the coolest fucking character I've seen in years. Good god she is just too too creepy.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

But yeah, this game's pretty awesome. I think I may have mentioned this before, but it bears repeating.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    We are finally getting around to playing this now.

Four dungeons in and it's a good time.

It makes me sad that it was released at the end of the Wii cycle, no one I know has ever played this, let alone even heard of it. It's a shame its going to be completely lost to time.

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Where can you get a copy of this?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    Europe and import stores, I don't think there was ever a USA release.

http://www.play-asia.com/Pandoras_Tower/paOS-13-71-z3-49-en-70-4obx.html

It's nutty that three of the coolest Wii games came out at the very end and no one will ever play them.

Pandora's Tower, Xenoblade, and The Last Story.

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Amazon UK has the collector's edition for £27 (~$44).

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Xseed tweeted this pic recently, and rumor is that it's a hint at an upcoming game release. Possibly Pandora's Tower.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=194323

BAsuPqbCQAEsDpE.png

https://mobile.twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/291377447507746816/photo/1

Bit of a stretch but it'd be nice.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I see a tower and...rainfall. Sounds like an operation.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    I hope it is Pandora's Tower and I hope it does well. I feel this game deserves at least some attention.

• Options
    I should really get back to it, got to about the fourth tower before I had to work away for a few weeks.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    XSEED Games Announces Pandora’s Tower for Spring 2013 Release

Fan Favorite Wii-Exclusive Action RPG to be Released for the North American Market

Torrance, Calif., (January 16, 2013) – XSEED Games, an independent-minded publisher, today announced they have come to an agreement with Nintendo that will bring the highly anticipated action role-playing title, Pandora’s Tower™, exclusively to Wii™ in Spring 2013. Developed in Japan by Ganbarion, Pandora’s Tower takes the classic fairytale theme of a maiden in distress and adds a violent twist, with the protagonist setting out to slay over a dozen giant monsters and collect their flesh in order to free his beloved from an evil curse. The agreement with Nintendo grants XSEED Games exclusive publishing rights to Pandora’s Tower in North America.

“It’s fantastic to be bringing such a highly-anticipated title like Pandora’s Tower to such a vocal fan base,” said Shinichi Suzuki, President and CEO of XSEED Games. “North American gamers have been very patient in waiting for this game to be released, and we’re confident they will be pleased when they get their hands on the title.”

A tale of unfortunate circumstances, Pandora’s Tower opens in the Kingdom of Elyria, where an unassuming singer named Elena succumbs to a wretched curse during a festival performance. Bearing an arcane mark on her back, she starts transforming into a savage monster, causing the town guards to attempt to kill her in order to prevent it. A young ex-mercenary named Aeron, whose heart has forever been pledged to Elena, whisks her away in the nick of time – and with the help of a mysterious witch named Mavda, he learns what must be done to avert her wretched fate. He must descend into The Scar, a massive chasm tied down by twelve chains connected to a floating island in its center, atop which sit thirteen interconnected towers. There, he must use his sword and a sacred chain to battle his way through each tower and extract the flesh of the boss “masters” that dwell within, which Elena must consume in order to reverse her ongoing transformation. But the clock is ticking! The longer Aeron takes to vanquish each beast, the less human Elena becomes, affecting her character and the game’s final outcome in a profound manner. Time is of the essence...

Pandora’s Tower was developed in Japan by Ganbarion in conjunction with Nintendo, exclusively for Wii. The game will be published by XSEED Games in North America in Spring 2013. XSEED Games will release more product updates in the coming months.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Well that's probably the most straightforward, least confusing teaser for an announcement I've ever seen.

<3 XSEED

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Woohoo!

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Nice. I've got it imported, but I really want one that I can play on my Wii U easily.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Is it weird that I'm hoping that XSeed just releases a normal box and not the weird book thing that they did for The Last Story?

Don't get me wrong, it looks nice and everything, but it's nigh impossible get one that isn't dinged up in some way before it gets to you.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    So perhaps the thread title should be changed to reflect the fact this game is gonna see a US release after all.

• Options
    skZrP1f.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I hope that release day is real. Would be awesome if Pandora's tower came out just in time for my birthday like Xenoblade did!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Doesn't seem real since that would be a Wednesday, game releases are almost always Tuesdays

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Doesn't seem real since that would be a Wednesday, game releases are almost always Tuesdays

Gamestop.com actually shows 3/26.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/pandoras-tower/107683

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Pandora's Tower is now available to preorder from Amazon.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular

Gamestop only ships niche games on the release day, they tend to not actually get them in store til the day after. So listing it as the 27th would be totally legit in their system.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Is it weird that I'm hoping that XSeed just releases a normal box and not the weird book thing that they did for The Last Story?

Don't get me wrong, it looks nice and everything, but it's nigh impossible get one that isn't dinged up in some way before it gets to you.

I must have been really lucky then; my copy is pristine. Sorry to hear about the damage because it is a beautiful set.

Is there a collector's edition of this though? I ordered (but have not received) the PAL limited edition but I'm going to get the NA version to replace it. I might just keep the steelbook case and art from the PAL release and sell/give the actual game away once I have both.

Drunk_caterpillar on
  • Options
    Is there a collector's edition of this though? I ordered (but have not received) the PAL limited edition but I'm going to get the NA version to replace it. I might just keep the steelbook case and art from the PAL release and sell/give the actual game away once I have both.

It doesn't seem like it, unless they're going to surprise everyone.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

It doesn't seem like it, unless they're going to surprise everyone.

That's a shame, but now at least I have a reason not to regret buying the PAL version.

• Options
    Is there a trailer for this somewhere? Japanese language or otherwise?

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    The EU launch trailer gives a fair look into the game I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yKeGmLghW4

Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    One thing you should probably be aware of, this game features a timer much like Majora's Mask.

Fortunately, the game is built around the fact it has a timer. The dungeons have plenty of shortcuts for you to open up to allow you to quickly head back to base to reset the timer, then return to the dungeon without losing much progress or having to do a bunch of stuff all over again.

Also, I've heard that if the timer runs out during an end-of-dungeon boss fight, you won't get a Game Over. So that's nice.

All in all, because of the way the game's designed, the timer isn't that big a deal. But it's still there and you do have to deal with it.

• Options
    The gameplay looks fun, and I like what I've read about how the game flows. The story seems kind of fucked up, so that's interesting.

• Options
    Oh man, just got sent this image from back home:

Hjgbf8ql.jpg?1

Now I'm wondering if I should play it as soon as I get back or wait until the NA release so I can be sure that my save will transition to a WiiU. I do have the last half of The Last Story and all of Xenoblade Chronicles to tackle...

• Options
    Re: Pandora's Tower via XSeed's Twitter

Regarding a PT special edition, afraid we have to go a bit more streamlined for this one. Looking into a reversible cover & manual art, tho!

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I had no idea this was finally coming to the US. That's pretty awesome that we got all 3 of the trifecta.
    Personally I didn't like Last Story all that much...felt like it could have been amazing with a little more polish. But Xenoblade is amazing. I'm hoping this one is equally as awesome.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I hear they've kept the original British voice acting. That's good in Mavda's case, but kidna eh in Elena's.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Also, I've heard that if the timer runs out during an end-of-dungeon boss fight, you won't get a Game Over. So that's nice.

This is really old now, but as far as my personal experience goes I think I can confirm this.

The timer still decreases, and with it, your relationship with Elena, while you're in the boss room and fighting. Once you get back, she'll still be in a really bad state, but while you're in the room the timer will stop just short of a Game Over screen. On my own go through the game, I got stumped on one boss and the meter starting ticking down to the point where it became critical. I couldn't beat the boss, so I had to leave to replenish my health and item stockpile. As I stepped outside, I immediately used one of the teleportation items you can find in the game to get home in a flash, but it seems to leave you just enough time to do something like that.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Confirmed release date of 16th April for you colonials.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Weird, I feel like they confirmed the 16th a couple of weeks ago.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    Weird, I feel like they confirmed the 16th a couple of weeks ago.

It's the date most people believed it'd come out, but this is just confirmation.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    pandorastower_zps32eeebd5.jpg

pandorastower1_zps9279dcf2.jpg

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    On the one hand, you got a white box, but on the other hand you get a very neat reversible cover.

I'm not sure if I should be jealous or not.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Apparently, they are swimming in Oni's.