As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb: Ryan Davis is a pretty classy guy.

1939495969799»

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I am just baffled by the hatred

I've never heard so much unanimous hate for a controller I've literally never had a problem with

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    The d pad on the 360 controller does not bother me because I do not really play any games that require it for anything but switching weapons or something

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    But hey, if Nintendo's new controller is the 360 controller with a good d-pad, that's all good in my book.

No I don't.
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

I've never heard so much unanimous hate for a controller I've literally never had a problem with
    I mean, it's fine. Functional. The sticks are just awful.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I certainly don't hate the dualshock, I just prefer the 360. the one that I don't understand is the gamecube controller love -- I mean, it was comfortable, but I was never crazy about that gimpy c-stick, and to me that was a much bigger deal than the 360's crappy d-pad because of the abundance of third person and other dual-analog centric games.

• Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Yeah, it is fine for RPGs and junk but I can not deal with a first person shooter on that thing

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

if you don't like how the sticks feel I get that but I don't get the claw hand stuff at all

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    People fighting about controllers seems like oil fighting water.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Do you have small or large hands? I have large hands, and feel like I'm holding a small baby plaything with the dualshock. Hell, the old Duke controller for the xbox was more comfy to me.

No I don't.
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what day Square-Enix will be because I'm wondering if there will be some Thief IV stuff.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    my favorite controller shape is the 360 one

my only problem with it is I wanted the sticks to be on the same level like the dual shock

so I guess the wiiu pro is my dream controller?

but I don't even want a wiiu

• Options
    how do you know tdot

you might want it a lot!

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    you don't know what you want

nintendo knows what you want

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    this is the real best controller

800px-Namco_Negcon_centred.jpg

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    the best controller was the Tony Hawk: Ride skateboard

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Does anyone know what day Square-Enix will be because I'm wondering if there will be some Thief IV stuff.

I didn't know they were having a conference?

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    joy022.jpg

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »

Maybe they won't? I dunno.

• Options
    SCORE MASTER

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    that's what they called me in high school! (no they didn't)

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I love the 360 controller and fully support other controllers similar to it

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

Maybe they won't? I dunno.

I don't think they have a big presser scheduled like EA and Ubisoft but I might be wrong

• Options
    I just want Thief IV.

Give it to me.

• Options
    you mean Thi4f?

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Do you have small or large hands? I have large hands, and feel like I'm holding a small baby plaything with the dualshock. Hell, the old Duke controller for the xbox was more comfy to me.

I have big ole' hands and fingers
    and the dual shock is p. comfy for me.
    I've never noticed it being uncomfortable.

I think my biggest complaint would be the longevity of the original sixaxis.
    Those things wore out pretty dang quick and were plagued by button jams. Made watching movies horrible, as an errant controller would spontaneously skip forward the movie.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    you mean Thi4f?

Yes.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    E3 get here faster

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It's in like 16 hours

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Yeah, so am I, honestly.

I had no idea so many people hated the Dualshock. I was under the impression that it was a perfectly fine controller (I actually do prefer the 360 controller, but I still like the Dualshock).

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Everywhere I go on the Net, I see more hate for the Dualshock than love.

And not all the hate is from internet forumers.
    I hate the Dualshock...For my PS3, I got those little click-on things for the triggers, which is (sic) great. If you look at concave vs. convex for a thumbstick, your thumbstick should bow inward not outward so your thumbs can actually hook into there and kind of move along as opposed to being more like a mushroom top. And the DualShock also feels, to me, I can twist it in half like it's a third party type controller. I have my number of issues with it and even, fundamentally, the PlayStation branding when they named the buttons square, triangle, it's like putting Kanji on the fucking thing.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    The Gamecube controller is the most comfortable controller ever designed

The button layout is pretty crazy but it hardly matters when your hands feel like they are gripping God's own fluffy white beard

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

The button layout is pretty crazy but it hardly matters when your hands feel like they are gripping God's own fluffy white beard

Yeah I love the gamecube controller. L and R buttons had a bit too much throw, though, but I really like that they were analog and clicked.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

Yeah I love the gamecube controller. L and R buttons had a bit too much throw, though, but I really like that they were analog and clicked.

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    360 controller forever.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    sorry that controller is d-pad disqualified

the best controller is the dualshock

you must be out of your damn mind

the dualshock is a blight upon humanity

yeah shoe, what the hell

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    So I am playing LittleBigPlanet for the first time.

Wow this game kinda sucks.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Dualshock is okay

My hands start to cramp after a while, though

• Options
    So I am playing LittleBigPlanet for the first time.

Wow this game kinda sucks.

I am sorry that you are a broken shell of a man.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    My favorite controller is probably the 360, I guess.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    i didn't enjoy what i played of littlebigplanet much either

too floaty

This discussion has been closed.